• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shroomed with GF on new year, she didn't trip. Anti psych questions.

Kaden nite:

That's funny dude because I've heard that advice given here for people to put down their meds for a week if they want to shroom. Now the whole place just contradicts itself.

I actually got that idea here. And the idea that the anti psyches are what made her not trip.

So maybe we aren't reducing harm after all but putting bad ideas on people's heads.

That would probably have been anti-depressants, not anti-psychotics. Significant difference. With anti-depressants it is up to someone themselves to see if they are ready for it, but if their mood is in order and stable that is quite different from the kind of symptoms you take anti-psychotics for which are exactly the ones not safe for tripping: delusions, inability to differentiate reality from fantasy, that kind of thing.

Going off anti-depressants is dubious, too, if you ask me... but that gets a slightly different reaction from people here than going off anti-psychotics.

Please ignore the attacking to and fro - understand that it is hostility from everyone's attitudes + the shock from things you have said about the medications. It's fine that you have things to learn about them, but I can't keep having this discussion hosted if people let themselves get into fighting and that goes for everyone.

You act surprised that people "came down hard" on you. And yet you said that depression is something you can juts walk of and brought up "100" years ago. What did you expect to happen ? That people who know psychedelics very well and what harm can they do to stable people if used carelessly let alone people who already have problem will agree with you?

And then you just went ahead and kept denying any and all benefits of psychiatric medication and even said that you're not "begging" for medicine for your kidneys. Hard to expect people agreeing with you after you say something like this (it was me posting about the transplant and dialysis).
And no Lucy and shrooms are not rewarding for everyone.

Last edited:
Please, I think those points were well made by now - yeah sure i did reiterate some of them. It's time for us to calm down and see if there is anything more to talk about beyond this.

Thankfully I actually have some respect for you, solipsis. I didn't read anything from anyone else on this thread and they didn't help me. Honestly I was hoping you would reply initially with a level head. I learned these ideas here, now people tell me I'm trying to kill my girlfriend. I think your minions need to get it straight which one they're gonna stick with. :/

It's becoming obvious to me I probably shouldn't listen to a thing from this website. This is scary as hell.

If anything is gonna kill her, it would have been this site giving me the idea to have her stop the meds for a week or two so she could shroom. Thanks blueligt. :/
Thankfully I came back to confirm weather or not it was a good idea. She could already be dead.

Sounds like a have a brain after all.

Last edited:
Ghost_of_EWO, please know that this is a forum where everyone can post their ideas, and these ideas are (more often than not) contradictory. You cannot blame the whole community, which is composed of different individuals with different ideas and experiences, for some advice you might've read. Focussing on the negative comments and personal attacks in this topic is distracting you from the constructive advice and critique that is also given here, to which you barely respond.

It's rather sad that you try to avoid any responsibility because you've read some stuff here at BL. Drugs are not a joke and require a lot of research and, above all, critical thinking. Not all drugs or meds are the same on a chemical level, and especially not on a personal level.

Last edited:
1. Maybe you read that here or maybe it was anti-depressants which you confused with anti-psychotics to begin with in this very thread. Maybe you did in fact read that about stopping anti-psychotics... but I am confident that if it was in a proper forum like PD and not casual social banter somewhere, you may have read about no more than a few people discussing this. But what you should always do is check that kind of stuff 10 times. Like omerobert said this is just a forum where people post their ideas and there is not necessarily knowledgeable authority there unless it was carefully constructed by staff, like a FAQ. To avoid risking that you read something inappropriate and just going with that, check many other threads and also other fora - then also read up more about the basics on anti-psychotics etc.

2. Please don't blame us when you haven't done enough of that 'homework' that would give you some more certainty than taking a random snippet of someone's posts as true. If you actually find multiple threads, especially recent ones, that all give you this idea - report them to me so that I can fix / announce something so that other people don't make this mistake.

3. I try to keep things orderly, but I am not responsible for what others do here as long as rules and guidelines are not violated. I think wishing you harm was out of line and something will be done about it. Everyone has their own responsibilities, and everyone should mind them.

I keep trying to tell you, this has nothing to do with blame games or that we like being right or anything like that. The only thing that is important is your well-being, that of the people you know and of all others. So just use information to make safe choices and forget about the rest. Way too much time and energy is spent fighting on the internet, things that just escalate and are hardly about the essential topic anymore.

Fine then quit putting me down for trying to gain education on the subject from people who aren't rude. I obviously came for education. You guys don't have to be rude about it just because I don't agree with it.

If my intention isn't obvious let me know. I'll go and leave you alone. I was trying to help somebody figure this out.

It's ok to tell me to go die from my kidneys because I don't agree with psychiatry. But it's not ok for me to not appreciate that.
What the hell.

That's definitely not helping anyone.
I came to the wrong place.

Don't worry, I'm sure I will die from renal failure. Hang in there!

Listen man, I do agree some people were pretty abrupt/rude in their replies to you, but honestly they were reacting strongly because what you were suggesting was dangerous and showed a lack of understanding. That's not an attack on you that I'm saying that. You came here to learn, presumably, and some really good answers were given. And some, like Solipsis, took the time to reply to you thoughtfully and respectfully. I only saw a few things people said that were actually disrespectful. People strongly disagreeing with your opinions isn't disrespect, it's discussion. I think some people felt the need to strongly inform you of some stuff they felt you needed to know. Most of the replies were attempts to help, not personal attacks. You've repeatedly suggested that no one is answering your question, but in fact there is a lot of great information in this thread, I feel like you're just seeing the stuff that rubs you the wrong way and getting all pissed and ignoring the rest.

Thankfully I actually have some respect for you, solipsis. I didn't read anything from anyone else on this thread and they didn't help me. Honestly I was hoping you would reply initially with a level head. I learned these ideas here, now people tell me I'm trying to kill my girlfriend. I think your minions need to get it straight which one they're gonna stick with. :/

It's becoming obvious to me I probably shouldn't listen to a thing from this website. This is scary as hell.

If anything is gonna kill her, it would have been this site giving me the idea to have her stop the meds for a week or two so she could shroom. Thanks blueligt. :/
Thankfully I came back to confirm weather or not it was a good idea. She could already be dead.

Sounds like a have a brain after all.

Aren't you the one who originally suggested to get her to stop her meds for a while so she could trip?

Overall, just chill out man. You got some answers, some people were kinda rude about it but whatever, you don't have to get all victim-y about it.

Good luck with you and your girlfriend. :) Depression and other psychological issues are confusing and extremely difficult. try to have sympathy for her because without walking in her shoes, you don't know how it is.