Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Shows you wish had another season

^ homeland has already been renewed for a 4th season.

your wish came true!

alasdair

Freaks & Geeks (maybe)
Deadwood
Arrested Development (if it had happened that next year)
Rome
My So-Called Life (maybe)

Same for Caprica. Firefly.

Being Human both U.K. and U.S. The U.S. show was good this season. Don't know why canceled. (edit: maybe not... apparently it was the cast (and whoever else involved) that wanted it to be over that season).

I liked the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicals series. Its ending was interesting- where it was going.

Last edited:
Definitely Deadwood. It got canned by HBO before it was finished, the whole thing is just left hanging :(

Rubicon. That show was dope and I love James badge dale.

I'm pretty sure the wire was supposed to go for another season, but obv it didn't. The ending was shitty and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way

What was shitty about The Wire's ending? If you feel that way you probably didn't understand it

And, no, it was NOT supposed to have another season. The creators of the show have specifically said that they weren't going to go past 5 seasons. They didn't want to retell storylines or have redundant episodes/plots. They had a story arc in mind and they stuck to it.

I believe the last season was supposed to be a little longer originally (it was 10 episodes while seasons 2 + 3 had 12 episodes and seasons 1 + 4 had 13 episodes), but they never intended for a 6th season.

Last edited:
^that could've been what I read. I understand the arc, wasn't it about the fall of one group and the birth of marlow taking over? I just felt like we didn't get enough of him. I remember the ending, when he took those guys out right?

Omar's comin!

Carl is spot on re: The Wire

HBO shouldn't have scattered that shit so much. AD should've handled season 4 better as well.

What was shitty about The Wire's ending? If you feel that way you probably didn't understand it

And, no, it was NOT supposed to have another season. The creators of the show have specifically said that they weren't going to go past 5 seasons. They didn't want to retell storylines or have redundant episodes/plots. They had a story arc in mind and they stuck to it.

I believe the last season was supposed to be a little longer originally (it was 10 episodes while seasons 2 + 3 had 12 episodes and seasons 1 + 4 had 13 episodes), but they never intended for a 6th season.

They spent a LONG time, nearly 2 seasons, setting up the Co-Op storyline and then never truly see it out.. IMO. It's a great show, I just wish they would continue the story.

i find a lot of tv viewers expect (even prefer) to be spoon-fed their drama so when it doesn't all wrap up neatly or traditionally, they get upset.

consider the sopranos ending. such a great ending and so many complaints :)

alasdair

Rubicon. That show was dope and I love James badge dale.

Most definitely! The characters were interesting and the plot was pretty amazing. I will never know why people didn't give this a chance to thrive.

Personally, I think Firefly and Freaks & Geeks got exactly as many eps as they should have, because they fit a complete and meaningful story into a short enough time frame that the replay value is excellent. As much as I loved series like Oz, The Wire or Stargate SG1, I can't ever see myself enjoying those stories again because there are just too many episodes to get through.

^ Rubicon was great. On a somewhat related-ish topic, I am, in retrospect, really glad The Killing was given another season. It could have gone either way.

Stargate Universe.

I'm still waiting for them to come out of the dead space or whatever they decided to go into stasis for. Fuck using a cliffhanger for a series finale, even if the finale wasn't intended as such.

Mr. Show with Bob & David
Da Ali G Show

I'll always want more Freaks and Geeks but I try to look at it as one long movie instead of a show. It helps me sleep at night.

Mr. Show with Bob & David
Da Ali G Show

I'll always want more Freaks and Geeks but I try to look at it as one long movie instead of a show. It helps me sleep at night.
Ali G: Resurzetion on Wednesdays FXX. Fucking awesome.

Also this is going to be one hell of a year for the trailer park boys. Two movies and two seasons with something like ten episodes each!

Yeah but isn't the new Ali G show just all of the old clips with different segways?

^ yep.

it's still as hard to watch as ever. and brilliant.

alasdair