Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Shows you wish had another season

Folley

Bluelighter
eh?

The Wire definitely needed a final season, I'm pretty pissed with how it ended after ALL of that build up. Other than that, Drunk History was pretty damn funny. Not sure if I'd want a whole other season or just a similar show featuring people fucked out of their mind lmao

Probably Dexter, I didn't like the way the finished that.

Eastbound and Down because I could watch that forever.

Firefly
Deadwood

Agreed, the Dexter ending was terrible. the last 3 seasons of that were shit

eh?

The Wire definitely needed a final season, I'm pretty pissed with how it ended after ALL of that build up. Other than that, Drunk History was pretty damn funny. Not sure if I'd want a whole other season or just a similar show featuring people fucked out of their mind lmao

I think the last season of The Wire would have been better had it been 12-13 episodes like other seasons instead of 10, but I don't recall ever hearing anyone complaining about the ending. I thought The Wire had the best ending of any show I've ever seen and I thought they wrapped everything up in an absolutely brilliant way. Also another full season would have been difficult if they were trying to avoid redundant story lines.

Arrested Development immediately comes to mind. If Season 2 hadn't gotten cut down by 4-6 (can't remember which #) episodes and Season 3 were also a full season (instead of 13 episodes) then that would have been really awesome. Additionally Season 4 would have been way better had it been made back in 2006/2007 when they were on TV.

Seinfeld would have still been funny had they made another season, but they were smart going out on top instead of having a decline in quality.

Freaks & Geeks! I had heard good things about it when it was on TV, but I never watched it. Even years after I would still see it mentioned here and there or popping up on different lists like: "Greatest TV Shows About High School", "Shows That Shouldn't Have Been Cancelled", or "Shows With A Big Cult Following". Finally watched it on Netflix Instant a few months ago and I thought it was excellent. Very disappointing that it only had the one season. At least they left it with the viewer deciding how things were gong to play out, and not with all these unanswered questions. Would have been cool if they even had just one more season, so Lindsay Weir and the gang could have gone through senior year and Sam Weir and his friends would have gone through their sophomore year. Worth checking out if you've never seen it. FXX runs reruns on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I thought nick swardson's pretend time had its moments

caprica. quite a few people were upset, me included, when it was cancelled. =(

I could have gone more wire for sure and BB and Eastbound and down, also unsupervised, I liked that animated comedy but afaik it only had the one season.

+1 Firefly, although the movie was sort of the ender to the series
+1 Caprica, great show and cast

Wonderland (series) great cast, could have gone on for another season. The last episode ended pretty quickly.
Combat Hospital, great fluff, great cast

The web says Terra Nova, which I'll have to check out.

Add another for Firefly.

Heroes, even though the last season were meh to begin with, woulda liked to see them bring it to a reasonable ending.

Being Human (USA) was just cancelled during its best season, only 2e left. Awesome show. Being Human (UK) coulda kept going too.

Alphas, another scifi cancellation of a decent show.

LOST
six feet under
trailer park boys (soon)
freaks and geeks
carnival
the ali G show
the corner

Yeah the Ali G show, totally agree. How funny is alot of the stuff on that. Also would loved to have seen more of the corner.

The Good Guys on FOX. Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks. Excellently cheesy buddy cop show. I loved it.

firefly
the wire
homeland
true detective

wish lost had never had a single season, ending the show like that the producers were asking to have their heads bashed in, surprised no one has done that yet. i'm not serious of course but its a pretty fucked up thing to do. i genuinely resent this "show" for what it did.