• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Shouldn't gabapentin attenuate the effects of other drugs?

The first time i was prescribed gabapentin i was already on morphine. For the first month the combo hit me so hard id nod off while tying my shoes or while eating. So it increased euphoria for me. didnt seem to have much of a effect of coke when i took it with it
I was about to say wasn't that being new to the morphine. I reread it and saw you were already taking it. I think I took gabba goo last night it definitely takes a couple of points off of my IQ but I can't afford to spare

Higher doses just fuck up my coordination too I thought I might add.

I also seem to notice I had to pee more while actively taking gabapentin. And I also get random nausea on them. But a lot gives me nausea now a days.

Gabapentin :
For recreation (no tolerance - 4/10)
For recreation (with tolerance - 0/10)

For pain (no tolerance - 6/10)
For pain (with tolerance - 2/10)

Last edited:
Higher doses just fuck up my coordination too I thought I might add.

I also seem to notice I had to pee more while actively taking gabapentin. And I also get random nausea on them. But a lot gives me nausea now a days.

Gabapentin :
For recreation (no tolerance - 4/10)
For recreation (with tolerance - 0/10)

For pain (no tolerance - 6/10)
For pain (with tolerance - 2/10)
This is weird because I have talked about this with certain individual in web who also experienced frequent need to pee on stuff, but I experience both constipation and water retention.

The first time i was prescribed gabapentin i was already on morphine. For the first month the combo hit me so hard id nod off while tying my shoes or while eating. So it increased euphoria for me. didnt seem to have much of a effect of coke when i took it with it
It did that at first for me then after a while my dose stopped holding me all day. This continued for several weeks after discontinuing. It was very strange.

When I take gabapentin, I'll have to get up like 3-4 times to pee in the middle of the night.

Gabapentin seems to override the very very very very very very tiny mood lift/stimulation I get from buprenorohine & quickly turns it into a nap-fest.

Just interested to know why people would select gabapentin. I mean, pregabalin, phenibut, baclofen and so forth. I found them all dirty and just giving me the feeling of having been poisoned.

We really need to sample HOCPCA ( (3R)-3-hydroxycyclopent-1-ene-1-carboxylic acid) so we really know what a pure GHB receptor ligand feels like.

Just interested to know why people would select gabapentin. I mean, pregabalin, phenibut, baclofen and so forth. I found them all dirty and just giving me the feeling of having been poisoned.
ease of access

ease of access

I was under the impression that many of the compounds I mentioned can be bought off the internet. I was given gabapentin - just made me feel sleepy the first time, then odd for several days, then nothing. Same with pregabalin. I think pregabalin is the most perfect example of how drug trials can be circumvented and that the Nobel Committee don't do much homework.

In the UK we have seen a lot of people become dependant on pregabalin and gabapentin. I mean, if you just LOOK at the structure, it's no surprise. I'm fully expecting to see those Orexin receptor hypnotics now being trialled in hospitals (as nitrazepam was). In a controlled environment, quite useful, but unsuited to providing people with months of the stuff,

Orexin receptors are an example of high-throughput-screening. While I cannot argue with it's overall success, I do find it worrying that no one person (or small group of 2 or 3) REALLY understand the QSAR. I'm also of the opinion that HTS is only as good as the target. Ever notice that the best medicines seem to derive their excellent utility because they have affinity for several receptors.

I was under the impression that many of the compounds I mentioned can be bought off the internet.
This is true, but a lot of people don't wanna deal with buying drugs on the internet. There is a bit more of a learning curve to that than bumming some pills off your buddy who was just in the hospital for whatever reason

In the UK we have seen a lot of people become dependant on pregabalin and gabapentin.
You made my point for me. The reason so many people have become dependent on those particular drugs is precisely because it's accessible. Other drugs can cause similar levels of physical dependency, but they will never be as readily available as pregab or gabapentin. Hence, why you see all these dependent people.

The orexin receptor drugs i'm not too knowledgeable about, so I can't really comment on them.

"Gabapentin increases non-synaptic GABA responses from neuronal tissues in vitro. In vitro, gabapentin reduces the release of several mono-amine neurotransmitters."

Shouldn't this mean that gabapentin should reduce euphoria from stimulants/opioids?

What causes the euphoria from gabapentin then? It at least gives some in the beginning or at least a mood lift.
But after several months on it, I'm starting to wonder if it effects the weak dopamine release from buprenorphine? Making opioids cravings worse?
Have experience only with pregabalin.It seems at least in the beginning that gaba drugs-on the countrary-show sinergism with downers.effect close to benzo some kind.never heard as i remember,that chronic use of gaba could led to some diminish effect of bupe.probably,if this your case this is triggered by something else.be well mate!

We really need to sample HOCPCA ( (3R)-3-hydroxycyclopent-1-ene-1-carboxylic acid) so we really know what a pure GHB receptor ligand feels like.
For me, it's because my sub doc acknowledged that they can see me in pain & think it could be fibromyalgia
But of course my sub doc can't give me full agonist opioids for it, so they prescribed the gabapentin instead.

Phenibut & baclofen also gave me horrible nausea (usually the next day), but the initial few hours that it kicks in, there is an ever so slight euphoric-relaxation that makes music sound better, but it was never truly anything to write home about for me.

My first few experiences with gabapentin were strange AF.
About 6 years ago, I got a bunch from a buddy of mine. I popped 1 50mg tramadol (which was nothing for me at the time, as I habitually took 400mg+ all the time).
I was in withdrawal & I think I took about 6 gabapentin ontop of that 1 measly tramadol. At first I didn't feel shit, but within a few hours, I felt sort of like I was on a low dose of methamphetamine. I stayed up all night and actually went out & hooked up with some one (which was something I wouldnt normally do sober, especially in withdrawals). I figured it must have been the gabapentin that did it.

Fast forward a few years & I got to try it here or there a few more times & all it did was making me feel sick & uncoordinated.
Fast forward a couple more years & I got a hold of it again. I couldn't understand why that one night I got a "meth-like" high from it & wanted to see if I could re-create it, so I kept at it with taking it & eventually found the "magic" (what little there is) that gabapentin does have. Although it was never like meth again, it did have some stimulating & socialable qualities once I started taking it regularly. Along with a little bit of genuine pain relief.

That lasted about a month or so & I started taking it legally for my pain & now it's been a year on them & they do not do much at all, especially in the "high" or "recreational" department or even the pain department.

So basically, it took me several experiences (and all were different from each other) with gabapentin before I understood why people liked it.
Same with baclofen. I was prescribed it for muscle jerking. At first I hated it, but after a few times, I took it one night & found myself really enjoying my music & felt in a good mood. Like that mood you're in when you just wanna hang out with somebody, jam or party. But I was by myself & eventually went to bed & woke up nauseous the next day. So I gave up the baclofen.

Last edited:
But you forget that their are legally available drugs that are hypnotics - ethanol being the obvious example. They are freely available in the UK for £1 but they aren't WORTH £1, especially since diazepam is almost equally available and also costs £1 for a 10mg tablet.... and yet people are CHOOSING pregabalin. What madness is this?

For me, it's because my sub doc acknowledged that they can see me in pain & think it could be fibromyalgia
But of course my sub doc can't give me full agonist opioids for it, so they prescribed the gabapentin instead.

Phenibut & baclofen also gave me horrible nausea (usually the next day), but the initial few hours that it kicks in, there is an ever so slight euphoric-relaxation that makes music sound better, but it was never truly anything to write home about for me.

My first few experiences with gabapentin were strange AF.
About 6 years ago, I got a bunch from a buddy of mine. I popped 1 50mg tramadol (which was nothing for me at the time, as I habitually took 400mg+ all the time).
I was in withdrawal & I think I took about 6 gabapentin ontop of that 1 measly tramadol. At first I didn't feel shit, but within a few hours, I felt sort of like I was on a low dose of methamphetamine. I stayed up all night and actually went out & hooked up with some one (which was something I wouldnt normally do sober, especially in withdrawals). I figured it must have been the gabapentin that did it.

Fast forward a few years & I got to try it here or there a few more times & all it did was making me feel sick & uncoordinated.
Fast forward a couple more years & I got a hold of it again. I couldn't understand why that one night I got a "meth-like" high from it & wanted to see if I could re-create it, so I kept at it with taking it & eventually found the "magic" (what little there is) that gabapentin does have. Although it was never like meth again, it did have some stimulating & socialable qualities once I started taking it regularly. Along with a little bit of genuine pain relief.

That lasted about a month or so & I started taking it legally for my pain & now it's been a year on them & they do not do much at all, especially in the "high" or "recreational" department or even the pain department.

So basically, it took me several experiences (and all were different from each other) with gabapentin before I understood why people liked it.
Same with baclofen. I was prescribed it for muscle jerking. At first I hated it, but after a few times, I took it one night & found myself really enjoying my music & felt in a good mood. Like that mood you're in when you just wanna hang out with somebody, jam or party. But I was by myself & eventually went to bed & woke up nauseous the next day. So I gave up the baclofen.
Baclofen is too weak.Almost not feel anything except like weak muscle relaxer.Pregabalin gives me good feeling only the first couple of times in detox,when i quitt tramadol after three years use.It feels like a little bit upper somehow indeed.more sociaable,with marked increase of well-being.....but this had not happen again after this first few doses,which were just two 75 mg capsules two times daily.After then i use it only when i broke up sucessfully benzos for a couple of months....so pregabalin is useful drug by me,for ocassional use like aid tool to quitt more powerful stuff.never used 'em to gettin'high 'cause they just can't do this job-,for me

Last edited:
But you forget that their are legally available drugs that are hypnotics - ethanol being the obvious example. They are freely available in the UK for £1 but they aren't WORTH £1, especially since diazepam is almost equally available and also costs £1 for a 10mg tablet.... and yet people are CHOOSING pregabalin. What madness is this?
Pregab is schedule 5(at least in U.S. as i remember),here is on normal script,but that mean otc(especially in smaller towns).Diazepam is schedule 3,so it required special script and more difficult to obtain.That's why more peope are on lyrica,than on benzos.That's my view regarding my country.Both drugs are cheap and especially pregab.got a numerous generics cheaper than original ones

Idk of anyone in the US who would choose pregablin over a benzo.

But subjectively, I get more "euphoria" from gabapentin than I do.. say... clonazepam. Just depends on my tolerance.

So in other words, it's a good question why anyone would prefer pregablin over benzos, but I guess I don't know of anyone who does.

Idk of anyone in the US who would choose pregablin over a benzo.

But subjectively, I get more "euphoria" from gabapentin than I do.. say... clonazepam. Just depends on my tolerance.

So in other words, it's a good question why anyone would prefer pregablin over benzos, but I guess I don't know of anyone who does.
Agreed !

Outside of those with debilitating anxiety, how anyone could prefer BZDs to pregabalin is beyond me. I personally prefer phenibut, which is probably my favorite substance of all time, but pregabalin is really nice too. Phenibut and pregabalin are also far superior to gabapentin, in my opinion at least.

I admit to being shocked that people would bother to take this stuff at all.

It's terrible that people are dying from taking stuff that most people wouldn't tough if it was free. I've also noticed a lot of kids who don't seem to care what a drug does as long as it's mind-altering. That MUST be a bad sign, surely?