• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Should I try 2cb as my first psychedelic?

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with starting out with a light psychedelic. I just mean that if somebody feels ready for the psychedelic experience and really wants to know what it's about, LSD or mushrooms are perfectly reasonable choices. I know that a lot of people aren't looking for that kind of experience or don't want to take the risk of using a powerful drug. If someone does their research on the effects of different drugs and feels that 2C-B is the best choice for them, then I support that decision.

I'm of the opinion that 2C-B should be everyone's first psychedelic- It's always the one I use to introduce friends into the vast world of psychedelic experiences. I think it's kind of foolhardy that people are diving headlong into mushrooms or LSD as their first experience, like me and many others are fortunate to have had a pleasant first experience but it's certainly not that way for everyone. 2C-B lends itself to a more gentle and manageable experience while still giving the user a taste of what psychedelics are like. It's a sort of experience that lets them sample the psychedelic landscape at the right dose, sample it enough for them to decide whether or not they want to go further with them. There's something to be said for people experiencing every angle of psychedelics, the good and the bad, but I think that should come with further exploration, that shouldn't all come during their first time :p

Well I've done LSD, Shrooms (Best trip as well Xorkoth), Mescaline, and MDMA. I've never done 2c-b. I wonder if people who are more experienced with heavier psychs would find 2c-b boring or kind of... uneventful.

Nervewing you should post those last 3 trip reports on the blog before stopping use, I wanna read em lol.

I wonder if people who are more experienced with heavier psychs would find 2c-b boring or kind of... uneventful.

I don't think so. The clear headspace and generally pleasant nature are why it's so versatile, unique. Deeper, more immersive psychedelics can be quite demanding and aren't necessarily practical in certain situations, so I think cruisier experiences have their place.

If you look at 2C-B for what it is rather than what it could be in comparison to other compounds, it's easy to appreciate as a fun, well-rounded experience without being too much of anything.

I wish that it had been available to me when I first started tripping. My first experience was a very heavy dose of LSD and it took me a while after that to start feeling normal again. I deifinitely would have preferred trying something a bit lighter before going for acid. 2C-B would probably be a good stepping stone.

You don't *have to* start off with a beginner psychedelic at all, but there is definitely something to say for going up steadily in "difficulty" level (as well as dosage) rather than starting off with the craziest and most difficult to handle stuff and then going down. If only for the steady fulfillment of progressing.
Some people might be the 'type' to start heavy but the point is that these statements are about generalization and it should be common sense that the 'average' person is more likely to have difficulties with disregarding how demanding or unforgiving a psychedelic is.

It's really silly to suggest / say that it is patronizing, I'm pretty sure I am not the only one who just wants other people to be able to avoid mistakes that I made (/that they themselves made). A big mistake I made wasn't even that I started with mushrooms which is in retrospect one of the most difficult and unforgiving psychedelics I've known, but that the second trip was way way heavier than the first one although the first was already a full +++, just mostly positive and an encouraging trip on a beautiful summer day. It's not even about regret anymore at this point but I would really like other (beginning) trippers to consciously decide to turn their world upside down and "get in way over their head" rather than being taken off-guard by being new at it and just beginning to learn what experiences are even possible if you go very far.

I am generalizing, LSD i love and in my experience it has fairer and less relentless learning curve / therapeutic index... but there is nothing wrong with trying 2C-B first. You don't *have* to, but there is also not a huge reason to be impatient either, apart from lighter psychedelics being able to give a false sense of security just like my doable first trip did. So I don't just recommend people to start with an easy one and guarantee that if you do everything will be fine. I say it's wise to slowly work your way up, but don't get too comfortable when you find a trip is very doable - keep the increments of going up (in dosage or heaviness of psychedelic - which cannot be measured objectively beyond some pharmacological values, but still there are tendencies) reasonable.

To pull it into the extreme and absurd: it is laughable that it would be just as responsible to take any heavy psychedelic at any dosage. The only point well made is that it is not set in stone and that if you notice that things are * really* underwhelming you could dial it up an extra notch, especially when people on a forum like this don't warn you like what wouldn't be strange to do with a beginner going for a heavy dose of mushrooms.

2C-B is good for tactile enhancement, visuals, empathogenic effects and aesthetic effects among other things... but as a psychedelic trip in terms of warping your sense of the world on a deep level it is not really demanding apart from the occasional trip which can be pretty damn dissociative.

As said already, you shouldn't take 2C-B and think it is quite so easy with many other psychedelics but nonetheless it is a good way to get your feet wet with distortion of how you perceive and feel the world if only as superficial as through senses for the most part. Under the right circumstances that alone can still be profound (see aesthetic enhancement).

Take it easy with any 'what should I take?' / 'should I take this?' questions and answers that are too direct. Sophisticated advice based on personal experience is much better than that. :)

Well I've done LSD, Shrooms (Best trip as well Xorkoth), Mescaline, and MDMA. I've never done 2c-b. I wonder if people who are more experienced with heavier psychs would find 2c-b boring or kind of... uneventful.

Alexander Shulgin lists 2C-B as one of the "magical half-dozen" phenylethylamines (alongside Mescaline, DOM, 2C-E, 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7), and even among those it generally stood out as his favorite.

Few people can claim to have ingested as many different psychedelics as Shulgin, so his appreciation for 2C-B goes to show you that not every psychonaut is constantly seeking out more extreme sensations.

Indeed, Sasha Shulgin once gave a glowing report about tripping on 2C-B-FLY while taking blood pressure medication, resulting in a blissfully serene psychedelic experience.