• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Should I try 2cb as my first psychedelic?

Veryoriginal

Greenlighter
I'm interested in the effects 2cb has compared to lsd and shrooms but Do you guys think that it would be a good first?

I smoke weed and roll every now and then but I want to try the world of psychedelics

I think it could be a perfect first psychedelic. Has some reminiscent effects of rolling and it is not very pushing. Kind of a psychedelic lite if you don't push too much the dosage. A bad trip is unlikely. But you'll get the idea of what a psychedelic head space is.

Classic psychedelics like LSD or shrooms are much more interesting IMO. Much more deep and intense. So a higher bet, much more benefits and dangers involved.

I think it could be a perfect first psychedelic. Has some reminiscent effects of rolling and it is not very pushing. Kind of a psychedelic lite if you don't push too much the dosage. A bad trip is unlikely. But you'll get the idea of what a psychedelic head space is.

Classic psychedelics like LSD or shrooms are much more interesting IMO. Much more deep and intense. So a higher bet, much more benefits and dangers involved.

Thankyou! So you reckon it will give me a rough insight on some of the stronger psychedelics? I know that lsd etc. Is more intense but if you were to scale the 3 drugs out of 10 on intensity, what would you rate them?

It is very dependent on dosage really. The thing is all psychedelics have a very profound change in consciousness. It is like a click and then you see reality in another way. A higher state of consciousness where you can get insights about the world, yourself or others that haven't been accessible to yourself yet.

Really impossible for me to use your scale. I would say that shrooms have a very intense and fast onset. LSD is probably the one you can go deepest with less bodyload. If we don't count things like DMT, but that's for experienced psychonauts.

Your idea of trying 2C-B first looks good to me. A low dose of LSD looks good to me too, but that's going to be a bigger jump from your rolling. I would avoid shrooms for a neophyte personally because of the rough onset, but that's a personal opinion and others might disagree.

More that the choice of substance, the important things are dosage, set and setting. So have a good mental state, stay in a controlled environment where things cannot go south and somebody can take care of you if needed and start low.

Last edited:
It is very dependent on dosage really. The thing is all psychedelics have a very profound change in consciousness. It is like a click and then you see reality in another way. A higher state of consciousness where you can get insights about the world, yourself or others that haven't been accessible to yourself yet.

Really impossible for me to use your scale. I would say that shrooms have a very intense and fast onset. LSD is probably the one you can go deepest with less bodyload. If we don't count things like DMT, but that's for experienced psychonauts.

Your idea of trying 2C-B first looks good to me. A low dose of LSD looks good to me too, but that's going to be a bigger jump from your rolling. I would avoid shrooms for a neophyte personally because of the rough onset, but that's a personal opinion and others might disagree.

More that the choice of substance, the important things are dosage, set and setting. So have a good mental state, stay in a controlled environment where things cannot go south and somebody can take care of you if needed and start low.

Damn! You know your stuff thankyou! I am interested in LSD over shrooms because I heard it can be heavy on the body and that you feel like you're always sitting on the fence between a bad and good trip from what I've read?

When I try 2cb I will most likely try LSD but what dosage woukd you recommend on a first trip? I weigh 60kg and I'm 18?

Ya I prefer too but don't take me wrong. Shrooms are great, tryptamines in general are amazing compounds. I just said that I don't recommend them for an introduction because of the fast onset and bodyload.

I would take not more than 100ug LSD first time. The problem here is to know how much your tabs contain, impossible without a proper analysis. Be aware sometimes other compounds are sold instead of LSD too, but not usually really. If you have to take unknown tabs, which I don't recommend and I don't do myself, take no more than half. Redosing doesn't work very well with psychedelics so if you get short you'll have to wait at least a week to try again with a higher dosage.

I would recommend 2c-b as a first time psychedelic. This is assuming, of course, that you are familiar with its likely effects and are seeking those in a psychedelic experience.

My first experience was with 4-aco-dmt which is very similar to the effects of shrooms. I took a light dose and looking back I would actually have wanted a heavier first time experience. It was almost as if any tryptamine magic was gone by time I got to heavier doses.

That said, avoiding a bad experience and finding out how you react to a psychedelic is probably more important than chasing the "perfect" psychedelic experience as set an d setting will be more important in any case. I've never had a bad trip and sometimes wonder if overcoming one would be the life-changing experience I never found in psychedelics.

Also, I don't think you can really "rate" these substances as The Hypnotist was saying. The dose will largely be the determining factor in what you experience.

I also think 2C-B would be a very fine first psychedelic. It's very forgiving and easy. The Hypnotist has given some very good words here, and I don't have much to add except my vote of thumbs up!

LSD is of course fantastic, and when you're ready for that, you'll also have my thumbs up. Like The Hypnotist said, go really easy with your first dosages while you get your feet wet. You shouldn't be seeking a "big trip" on your first few excursions, it's better to get accustomed to the experience, it really is something that you get better and better at IMO.

Have fun, be safe!

2C-B is a lot of fun. Intense visuals without the head space rising also. I plug it because it takes about half the dose as oral for same effects.

Word of caution. I vomit on the comeup everytime. First 30 minutes of the trip I feel really bad but it levels off. So id try not to eat much before you dose.

I think mushrooms are the best first time psychedelic. 2CB is certainly much easier to handle, but I find the first couple times you trip are like no other trips you will ever have, and I'd rather not use that up on a psychedelic with less depth.

Mushrooms will at the very least teach you a respect for psychedelics, not in a harsh way unless you take a whole bunch, but give you a peak into how profound psychedelics can be.

2CB is a bit easier to "abuse", a lot of my friends have gotten a bit excessive with it certain nights treating it more like a party drug than a psychedelic. I have been guilty of this too. I have yet to see anyone have a difficult time with it even at very excessive doses. Whereas just about everyone knows mushrooms are better kept for occasional hikes and nature outtings.

I think mushrooms are the best first time psychedelic. 2CB is certainly much easier to handle, but I find the first couple times you trip are like no other trips you will ever have, and I'd rather not use that up on a psychedelic with less depth.

Mushrooms will at the very least teach you a respect for psychedelics, not in a harsh way unless you take a whole bunch, but give you a peak into how profound psychedelics can be.

I feel the same way. Most people use a powerful psychedelic like mushrooms or LSD for their first trip. Those are the real beginner psychedelics, and the clear headed hedonistic ones are the ones you take once those aren't new and exciting to you anymore. My first trip was on mushrooms and it was the most important experience of my life. It wasn't hard to handle at all. I think if I had taken one of the weaker psychedelics I would have been pretty disappointed.

People who say that you need to start out with a "beginner" psychedelic have big egos. The want to feel like they're special and can handle drugs that normal people can't. The average person can handle an intense psychedelic experience as long as the dose is reasonable. If that wasn't the case, LSD would never have become popular in the 60s, and South American natives wouldn't use ayahuasca.

Thanks everyone! I'm trying to get some for this weekend and if I manage to I'll put up a trip report as its first step into that world :)

2C-B is a lot of fun. Intense visuals without the head space rising also. I plug it because it takes about half the dose as oral for same effects.

Word of caution. I vomit on the comeup everytime. First 30 minutes of the trip I feel really bad but it levels off. So id try not to eat much before you dose.

I'll be sure to take it a while after I've eaten. I sometimes get queasy on a mdma come up so I guess I half know what to expect thanks

Its a trip forsure! But does not compare when i was a teenager livin with the folks and it was the day after my birthdaay, had boughten 2 hits of 25-i which is just visually something uncomparable. well anyways i drop these 2 hits and 30 min after when im bout to start coming up soon my folks inform me my grandparents were on there way over to give me my birthday card and supper will be made and i need to visit w/ em....
TO this day i pride mysilf on tripping so hard my gmas face was doing figure 8s and shit.. after an hour i finally went downstairs and chuckle to myself in disbelief that i just pulled this off.. that was pride in my self control of not seeming high.. and my dad was a cop for 18 years :). Was definately something that made me handle drugs with more composure! Moved out at 18 cus i was sick and tired of not having fun with shit anymore i was so focused on my actions

Its a trip forsure! But does not compare when i was a teenager livin with the folks and it was the day after my birthdaay, had boughten 2 hits of 25-i which is just visually something uncomparable. well anyways i drop these 2 hits and 30 min after when im bout to start coming up soon my folks inform me my grandparents were on there way over to give me my birthday card and supper will be made and i need to visit w/ em....
TO this day i pride mysilf on tripping so hard my gmas face was doing figure 8s and shit.. after an hour i finally went downstairs and chuckle to myself in disbelief that i just pulled this off.. that was pride in my self control of not seeming high.. and my dad was a cop for 18 years :). Was definately something that made me handle drugs with more composure! Moved out at 18 cus i was sick and tired of not having fun with shit anymore i was so focused on my actions

Hahaha sounds like you'd had some adventures in your life then!

Others have said it already, but yeah 2C-B makes a great first psychedelic. I would say of the three you listed, 2C-B is easily the most gentle and least powerful, and after that LSD is probably a good choice, a moderately low dose if you don't have any troubles with 2C-B. LSD is really great, but quite strong. However, except at high doses it leaves you feeling like yourself, just different. Mushrooms, for many people including myself, are much more intense, and they sort of grab you and pull you along for the ride. The best trip I ever had was on mushrooms (and it was my first trip ever on anything too), but I have also had a lot of difficult moments or even entire trips from mushrooms.

A few things to keep in mind with psychedelics... body load can be a thing, especially on the come-up. I always think of psychedelics as giving you the hangover first but leave you feeling great afterwards, the come-ups are uncomfortable oftentimes, especially when you're inexperienced, because the shift from normal consciousness is kind of jarring. 2C-B is very light in this regard, but you may still feel quite uncomfortable at first (or you might not). Part of it is how much you tend to get nauseous because coming up can often cause nausea which adds to a feeling of discomfort. With some strong psychedelics like mushrooms, the come-up can lead to feelings of dread or regret, like "oh no I've poisoned myself, why did I do this? I wish I just felt normal again", etc. If you start to feel this way, remember: you took a drug, and you're coming up, it's normal to feel this way right now, it will pass. If you can just deal with it for a bit, you'll pass through it and hit the peak, and the body issues will melt away and the trip will be great. With some drugs (this is unlikely with 2C-B) you'll experience intense periods that can be unsettling or frightening during the peak of the trip too (for example, "I've gone crazy, I won't ever come down, I broke my brain"), and the same thing applies: remember, you took a drug, you'll come down, you'll be okay. If you avoid panic, it will all work itself out and you'll probably learn something as well. :)

For the record, LSD has about the nicest come-up and least bodyload of any psychedelic, for me. 2C-B is also very gentle (and the body high during the trip feels really good).

Others have said it already, but yeah 2C-B makes a great first psychedelic. I would say of the three you listed, 2C-B is easily the most gentle and least powerful, and after that LSD is probably a good choice, a moderately low dose if you don't have any troubles with 2C-B. LSD is really great, but quite strong. However, except at high doses it leaves you feeling like yourself, just different. Mushrooms, for many people including myself, are much more intense, and they sort of grab you and pull you along for the ride. The best trip I ever had was on mushrooms (and it was my first trip ever on anything too), but I have also had a lot of difficult moments or even entire trips from mushrooms.

A few things to keep in mind with psychedelics... body load can be a thing, especially on the come-up. I always think of psychedelics as giving you the hangover first but leave you feeling great afterwards, the come-ups are uncomfortable oftentimes, especially when you're inexperienced, because the shift from normal consciousness is kind of jarring. 2C-B is very light in this regard, but you may still feel quite uncomfortable at first (or you might not). Part of it is how much you tend to get nauseous because coming up can often cause nausea which adds to a feeling of discomfort. With some strong psychedelics like mushrooms, the come-up can lead to feelings of dread or regret, like "oh no I've poisoned myself, why did I do this? I wish I just felt normal again", etc. If you start to feel this way, remember: you took a drug, and you're coming up, it's normal to feel this way right now, it will pass. If you can just deal with it for a bit, you'll pass through it and hit the peak, and the body issues will melt away and the trip will be great. With some drugs (this is unlikely with 2C-B) you'll experience intense periods that can be unsettling or frightening during the peak of the trip too (for example, "I've gone crazy, I won't ever come down, I broke my brain"), and the same thing applies: remember, you took a drug, you'll come down, you'll be okay. If you avoid panic, it will all work itself out and you'll probably learn something as well. :)

For the record, LSD has about the nicest come-up and least bodyload of any psychedelic, for me. 2C-B is also very gentle (and the body high during the trip feels really good).

Thanks for your input, very helpful! Fortunately for me I do look forward to taking new drugs and I'm very understanding that if I feel shit after taking a new drug (and knowing it's a reasonable dosage) it's because of what I've just ingested.

I mean the other day I got an 'eternity' trip feeling from a balloon and i thought i was in my head for years and i came back around and I couldn't stop laughing still :D

Personally I'd like to think I can get myself out of negative thoughts well

Oh okay cool, if you're experienced with things like nitrous, I'd say that's a pretty good indication you can handle your shit. :)

If you're feeling good and confident on the tail end of a trip, try a balloon, you won't be disappointed.

People who say that you need to start out with a "beginner" psychedelic have big egos. [...] The average person can handle an intense psychedelic experience as long as the dose is reasonable.

You could also argue that acknowledging the possibility that one might not be "the average person" and have a bad reaction to an intense psychedelic is a sign of humility.

Don't get me wrong, I've also been annoyed at people telling me not to do acid when I'd already had multiple trips under my belt, but some people actually find it reassuring to have their first experience with a more clear-headed psychedelic, and "shaming" them for "wasting" their first psychedelic experience by not going all Terrence McKenna on the headspace is just going to put them in a bad mindset.