• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Should I go on Suboxone?

IMO it does lose it's beneficial effects or at least they dampen drastically the longer you are on it.

Tolerance to it does take awhile to come on & even to this day after 5 years, I still get a bit drowsy from it. So it obviously still does a little something, but none of the "mood lift" or craving satisfaction is there anymore. I can take 100mg of bupe (not serious, nobody do this plz lol) and still crave heroin. lol

As for alternatives, I'm not sure. Depends on what your objective is. Do you hate opioids & want to get away from them forever? Or are you some one who realizes they are going to need them one way or the other, possibly forever, like I do? If you're looking to get away from opioids, doing a quick taper is probably your best bet. Otherwise you'll just still be dependent on a highly potent opioid that gives you constipation & drowsiness but none of the actual "good" effects of opioids, unless you put a lot of time in between your dosing, which is difficult. Especially for an opioid addict to do.

That medical journal is definitely pulling your (ours) leg. lol There will always be "tolerance" to opioid drugs whether partial or full agonist, unfortunately.

Buprenorphine did stop a lot of my suicidal ideation. So I give it credit for that. It's not as effective now as it was back then, but I'd probably be worse off without bupe at this point. Or at least some other opioid.
Your last point explains it all. That's the only thing I expect. To feel "normal"(not high) and to wake up without suicidal thoughts. I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy being on oxy, but the main reason for abusing opioids was to escape from depression. I tried over 20 different antidepressants but I feel nothing. Even now I take 150mg Endep at night and 20mg Lexapro in the morning. Tried to tapper it down but side effects are horrible. For the first time in 15 years I got something that gave me a reason to live. Suboxone (8mg). Don't have any side effects and even the constipation has stopped. I know that the little buzz that I feel at the moment will cease but for me it's not important. My only goal is to stay alive. Unless they find some "miracle" drug, Suboxone remains my only option.

Your last point explains it all. That's the only thing I expect. To feel "normal"(not high) and to wake up without suicidal thoughts. I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy being on oxy, but the main reason for abusing opioids was to escape from depression. I tried over 20 different antidepressants but I feel nothing. Even now I take 150mg Endep at night and 20mg Lexapro in the morning. Tried to tapper it down but side effects are horrible. For the first time in 15 years I got something that gave me a reason to live. Suboxone (8mg). Don't have any side effects and even the constipation has stopped. I know that the little buzz that I feel at the moment will cease but for me it's not important. My only goal is to stay alive. Unless they find some "miracle" drug, Suboxone remains my only option.
8mg is not a little.Try to half the dose-if you feel fine at 4 is better.at least less chemistry in your body

8mg is not a little.Try to half the dose-if you feel fine at 4 is better.at least less chemistry in your body
You are right, but I am afraid to do it. Just now (after 7 weeks) I feel full benefits of Suboxone. Tried for 2-3 days to get down to 6mg but couldn't sleep at all. I also felt a bit of depression in the background. Or maybe it's just my imagination? When after 15 years you finally feel alive and "normal", it's not easy to change anything. Even the timing must be perfect. 6am every morning (alarm clock) and after 30 minutes, coffee and cigarette (vape). I will try to do it slowly by cutting 1/2gr at the time. But not now. I know that I am making a mistake but I want to enjoy life for some time. I think that I deserve it. ✌️

It was awful, especially the constipation. I decided to go cold turkey after a toilet overflow incident in which I had to use all the clean towels to soak up the shitty water.
Lol, once I had an in-home care client who drank zero water, only coffee, and only meat for food. His poos were so hard they could cut glass! I one day. gave up on the plunger, which made a mess, and began to just pull the poos out of the toilet by hand ;) Glad I don't work in that field anymore.

Yes, it would probably happen even faster with sublocade, because it's an implant that will only release it's designed amount of buprenorphine into your system every day. Meaning your body will get tolerant to it faster and you'll be unable to adjust your dose if needed. I think the implants are a trap to start getting people to 'accept' drugs that go INSIDE your body & can be controlled how THEY want it controlled.

This means you cannot go up or down on your dose, which means once you've been on it long enough you're gonna hit the ceiling effect & buprenorphine will no longer have any effects. Including the ones you need to help you stay sober or off other opioids.

I find that it took me about a year of various daily dosages before subs lost their magic. Even shitty tramadol kept it's magic for 10 years.

No real solution except staying away from Sublocade and sticking to lower doses & splitting them through out the day, even taking some breaks from it when you feel like you don't need it that day. And even then, I still get days where I crave heroin or any drug really, just to feel something different.
That's not even close to true.

Could you please elaborate? I am very interested in this topic. 🤔
They can't because it's bullshit.

Which is exactly why they didn't correct anything I said whatsoever & only pulled the "that's not even close to true" bullshit line like a child.

Everything I said is exactly true. The sublocade injection does not give you any control over your dose or when you take it. Simple as that. I don't even know what that annoying person is even referring to.

They can't because it's bullshit.

Which is exactly why they didn't correct anything I said whatsoever & only pulled the "that's not even close to true" bullshit line like a child.

Everything I said is exactly true. The sublocade injection does not give you any control over your dose or when you take it. Simple as that. I don't even know what that annoying person is even referring to.
That's obvious. When you get the shot you can't change anything and have to live with it regardless of the side effects. That's the only reason I am still on Suboxone. ✌️

Play nice. The shot is legit imo. You only need to make the decision to stay on medication once per month.

No one questioned the legitity of the shot.

OP specifically stated that opioids help their depression. Well they help most likely when you can feel an effect from them. The only way to achieve this with buprenorphine is to not go over the ceiling dose, which is impossible if you get the injection/implant. While the injection may benefit some (like those who get nothing from opioids & don't really want to be on them), it is unlikely to help in OP's case since the shot is designed to make it IMPOSSIBLE to raise/lower/split your dose either for cravings, pain relief, depression relief, whatever... You also can't just decide you want it out either, without doctors having to intervene.

IMO this takes away people's bodily autonomy & makes them feel like they're "too irresponsible" to know how to take their own meds.

Karinopop said this was "untrue" but has yet to point out what is "untrue" about it.

Being on bupr.near a year.transdermal.wish i could get sublingual pills for maintaince,but they not imported here.Ain't no generics too.no programs too.Wouldn't miss oportunity to try inj.solution for muscle shot,if i find..but sublocade or some weekly or monthly injection no.not sure why