• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Should I charge for testing?

I apologize if this is too close to that, the intent was (at least mine) that the op should check the legal situation in his country not to tell him if his idea is or isn't legal.

Legal bullshit and inherent risks of pissing someone off aside, I don't think it's outrageous to ask for $1/test. Keep a record of what pills you've tested too, so you don't end up testing the same press/batch multiple times.

Legal bullshit and inherent risks of pissing someone off aside, I don't think it's outrageous to ask for $1/test. Keep a record of what pills you've tested too, so you don't end up testing the same press/batch multiple times.

I disagree completely. Every pill should be tested because batch to batch the exact same press can be *completely* different. A lot of presses start out nice and clean and then turn dirty and people trust them because they used to be clean. I've been guilty of it myself more than a few times and its bitten me in the ass more often than not.

Keep a record of what pills you've tested too, so you don't end up testing the same press/batch multiple times.

I disagree completely. Every pill should be tested because batch to batch the exact same press can be *completely* different. A lot of presses start out nice and clean and then turn dirty and people trust them because they used to be clean. I've been guilty of it myself more than a few times and its bitten me in the ass more often than not.

+1.

This is why drugs should be legal and held to the same standards as pharmaceuticals. Exact contents stated on the box or other container and only minor tolerances in the difference in dose from pill to pill allowed. Dose info, possible side effects, interactions, ... included on a piece of paper in the box. Sold at specialized stores with random samples being tested by independent agencies. And a small tax added to the price and used only for the treatment of people harmed by those drugs and for research about how they work.

I'm going to another festival at the beginning of august. I am definitely going to bring my test kit and if someone wants to test their shit I will offer.

Unless someone comes up to me and says OMG look at teh moonrokz I just bought from a legit guy, I am not necessarily going to advertise the fact I have a kit.

Friends and friends of friends, of course. Advertising that you have something related to drugs to complete strangers might bring in unwarranted attention.

update: 1 person at the festival unfortunately died of a drug overdose, and by talking to some old friends that I met, they also were sold a bad batch of "mdma"

It sort of made me regret not bringing a test kit, but at the same time, all I told them was to check out bluelight and PLEASE make sure to buy a test kit in the future.

Great vibes all throughout, never saw a single fight, everyone was smiling and super friendly -- but still, I don't think I will bring a test kit in the future. Cliffy78 brings up some good points that (regrettably) could occur if I were to bring one.

If you carry test kits without any drugs on your person all they can do is thank you for making sure people are being safe doing whatever they do at the cost to you.... Anything else and I'd assume anything they do to give you shit harassment based upon inappropriate profiling, which you just have to point out. Just go in without anyone else or your whole group will be searched.

It's a shame that something like that happened at your event.... Reminds me of a time someone offered me orange 2cbees as mescaline at the beginning of a underground festival where by the end someone was discovered dead in the morning after going psychotic during a bad trip hitting their head on a tree repeatedly as the persons friends tried to be there. These things are tough...

I'm glad you had good vibes at your fest
Mine became like heavy metal vs. Hardcore with some cute trance pockets just being a hell hole in nature. The trash left behind in the national park was deplorable