• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Discussion Should Harm Reduction supplies be funded by tax dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. I can't get to the comments for some reason. But the menu looks ' real ' good. đź‘…

Or should I just say ' I get it. ' :rolleyes:

they became illegal and controlled because of how dangerous they are to the population
...do you seriously not know the history of the drug laws? It was racism dude, people were scared of Chinese men luring white women into opium dens and getting them pregnant

...do you seriously not know the history of the drug laws? It was racism dude, people were scared of Chinese men luring white women into opium dens and getting them pregnant

That's some very nice propaganda there, but very few people went to the opium dens. The real reason that it was banned is because of "patent medicines" and how many people were being killed thinking it was going to help them.

This.

Opium scare : Chinamen will lure our pure white women into their dissolute opium dens.
Cocaine scare : the negroes take cocaine which makes them sexually rampant and want to rape our pure white women.
Marihuana scare : the Mexicans imbibe this substance that makes both sexes equally promiscuous, leading to systemic degradation of our pure white women.

That's some very nice propaganda there, but very few people went to the opium dens. The real reason that it was banned is because of "patent medicines" and how many people were being killed thinking it was going to help them.
'very few'? TONS of people frequented opium dens.

Also pure opiates have no detrimental impact / effect on the human body.

yea yea yea ive seen that show too

blame everything on the white man like you did earlier in the thread

but never blame yourselves for creating your own habit

never

no accountability - everything is everybody else's fault

typical addict behavior

If you bother doing research beyond political news sources you will find that the patent medicine industry was selling strong solutions of opium and morphine to mothers of new born infants as a "calming" elixir and many, many infants died this way. This is just one medicine sold, mind you. There were thousand of them and they were readily available. One may argue if the law worked as intended, but the reason was one of true public safety, not "temperance" or racism.

oh really?

so then tell me why you wanted kill yourself again

just so you know, your brain is part of your body - ok?

I reported it. I don't want this to become kill poor-think tank.

hey listen, you guys can report me all you want

im telling you the way it is and how i feel - if that's too much for you, maybe you need to leave and not read what i have to say

im not really going to do something like that, but that's how i feel

do you not understand that?

probably not

If you bother doing research beyond political news sources you will find that the patent medicine industry was selling strong solutions of opium and morphine to mothers of new born infants as a "calming" elixir and many, many infants died this way. This is just one medicine sold, mind you. There were thousand of them and they were readily available. One may argue if the law worked, but the reason was one of true public safety, not "temperance" or racism.
I am in fact fully aware of this and it's not a novel thing. Many lay persons misuse medicines; that does not mean that the medicine is bad.

oh really?

so then tell me why you wanted kill yourself again

just so you know, your brain is part of your body - ok?
YES of course my brain is a part of my body as it is a physical organ.

I wanted to kill myself due to impaired cognition caused by a malfunction which my ALL BAD drug abuse actually helped to correct.

yea yea yea ive seen that show too

blame everything on the white man like you did earlier in the thread

but never blame yourselves for creating your own habit

never

no accountability - everything is everybody else's fault

typical addict behavior
Are you implying that white people don't get addicted or that all addicts are not white? What an interesting viewpoint

I wanted to kill myself due to impaired cognition caused by a malfunction which my ALL BAD drug abuse actually helped to correct.
Its wild that people don't seem to understand that mental illness can be caused by malfunctioning opioid systems, its part of the stigma that impacts how society views mental health and drug use, shown pretty clearly by some members participating in this thread

im telling you the way it is and how i feel - if that's too much for you, maybe you need to leave and not read what i have to say
have you thought that while you express that you want kill people who are innocent by default, and people do not want that content on their forum of choice, it is okay that their will would be served, and there is something deeply wrong with you?

Are you implying that white people don't get addicted or that all addicts are not white? What an interesting viewpoint

no not even close....but you wanna turn this whole thing into a race debate, so you can call me a racist

ive seen your far-lefty playbook - i know that play bro

so take it somewhere else

oh ok - so your opiate addiction fixed your mental problems

keep telling yourself that

Ah yes, the great understander of psychiatry is back, please tell me where you got your PhD in brain science because you seem to know so much

all i need to do is be smart enough to not develop myself an opiate or meth habit, and that alone, makes me smarter than you

(true story)

Status
Not open for further replies.