• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Short term but high dose benzo use help

I have..
Thursday
.5@1030am
.5@1130am
.25@730pm

Today
.25@730
.5@930
.25@130
.25@430

I try to do a small amount but my anxiety gets so overwhelming I end up taking little bits throughout the day. Would I be better off taking a little more at a time and spacing it out longer or taking small amounts throughout the day?

Sorry I misread what you said. Spacing throughout the day is good. I think you'll be safe at your current rate if you don't have a previous history of seizures, but don't expect it to be pleasant. Just watch for any severe physical symptoms. Rebound anxiety is normal

What are severe symptoms? Right now o have anxiety, high hr, twitches. That's really all. I kinda just want to stop and not take anything else but I have to work the next 2 days then I have 3 days off

I would just google it. There's plenty of info online. But I think your making it worse by worrying about it. It sounds like you have enough to quickly taper off over the next two days at your current rate

If it's unbearable for you, you can always call your doctor, go to a clinic, or go to the ER if you start having severe WD symptoms

You are always at risk for siezure when you stop benzos cold turkey. My boyfriend has had 2 grand mal siezures from benzo withdrawal. It's really scary. Are you completely out of benzos? I would say you should go to the ER if you're really freaking out. They will help you and medical professionals don't judge. You are not alone. I'm here for you, even if it's just for moral support. We have all been where you are now. Hang in there hun *hugs*

Hey, I think we should probably disregard this post. I totally understand where he's coming from, but I think Junkie might have missed the fact that OP had only been using Benzodiazepines on a very short-term basis. She is already very freaked out and nervous and we definitely don't want to rock the boat. Anything can happen in this crazy world and with our infinitely complex bodies, but it is highly, highly unlikely that OP will experience epileptic fits.

Yes, if the usage is chronic, it is very important to seek medical attention, as Benzodiazepine/Alcohol/Barbiturate withdrawal is a potentially fatal condition.

OP, if you need someone to speak with, I encourage you to send me a private message. I've never been through Benzodiazepine withdrawal, but I've done Alcohol a few times and they are allegedly quite similar. You are going to be fine. I'm willing to stake whatever silly reputation I have as a drug addict on it ;)

I tried really hard not to take anything today but I had to take .5@1030 cuz my legs felt like jello and I felt so dizzy. I went 18 hrs my last dose before that was at 430 yesterday (.25) If I didn't have to work I would have tried to tough it out. If I can skip tomorrow but take one the next day does that still count towards my taper or am I just resetting?