• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shelf-life of Phenethylamines, & Stimulant drugs (2C-X, MDx, FA, MXE..)

To be honest, I'm pretty lazy and I just keep most of my stuff in the plastic baggies they were shipped in, locked up in a box stored in a closet at room temperature. Most of my stash is phenethylamines, the few tryptamines I have have turned tan/brown over the years but they're still close to their original potency. One of these days I'll get around to transferring everything into nicely-labeled vials...

in solution in a plastic 7up botle

Lol

-----------

If sealed air tight and stored at room temp, most if not all of these substances will stay good for as long as you need them to 10-30 years+. I am not sure about MXE, If you have access to a vacuum sealer you can put your substances in plastic baggies ( separate ) then put them in an airtight vial ( glass vial plastic top ) then put seal it twice with a vacuum sealer store at room temp.

Last edited:
Hey now don't laugh haha, it was clearly labeled as being drugs haha

I like your style, I always used to put my psilocybin mushroom tinctures in Jagermeister Bottles because the solution looked purple / black, put the bottle in a cooler with a packed car and you are ready to fly :)

Can someone ask Asante? He's very good with this stuff, NOT saying your opinion doesn't matter, in fact I believe you are correct, Sigma Aldrich lists methamphetamine HCL at >98% purity for 3 years stored properly, that's with it being manufactured at 98% purity mind you, so it looks like the decrease is so miniscule that 3 years stored properly it doesn't even decrease in purity 1%. In fact I have read that refrigerated it will actually recover.

Just would love Asante's input also...

You can't recover lost potency by any means including refrigerator, but if you keep things in the cold, they last longer. The important things are to keep them away from air, light and moisture. So in the fridge or (even better) the freezer, make sure it's kept in an airtight container with dessicant packet(s). Also when removing from cold storage, don't open the container until it's raised to room temperature.

Most phenethylamines are extraordinarily stable though. For example, samples of active mescaline have been found in cactus flesh that is like 5,700 years old or something like that. Amphetamines are extemely stable, even if kept at room temperature it should last many, many years without significant reduction in potency.

What 4fa growing mold? Seriously I got a feeling that is not a common problem. I have a g of the sparkly xtal and it's exactly the same looking as it was a year ago...
What is your theory as to why 4 fa or any flourinated amps will go bad?

Definitively? If you mean what is the exact shelf life then there is no answer because everything degrades gradually and not suddenly on the expiration date. Such dates have to do with the margin where you will almost certainly be fine.

But I guess you mean if you can keep phens forever? Well nothing lasts forever, but most of them will outlive us if you just keep them dry and dark. If you go the extra mile with things like freezing and oxygen protection then practically speaking: yes, a lot of them will last.
This is generally speaking about these types of structures. You could always have an exception, if a drug has a sensitive chemical group which would be the target of faster degradation that has nothing to do with the phen story.

Fluorinated amps going bad was claimed in 2013, bigazznugz... makes it less likely you will get an answer from Si Dread. I don't believe that is true by the way. Amps are stable and fluoros don't fall off.