• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Share your artwork v. BL's got talent

i haven't drawn anything in a decade so i decided to give it a shot today...

lionsketch.jpg

didn't turn out very well for all the work i put into it :\

Last edited:
notebook_dump

here are some pages from my notepad.

the last one is a composite of five pages. working this way lets me do large projects in smaller areas.

NSFW:

ebg001.jpg

ebg003.jpg

ebg009.jpg

ebg010.jpg

ebg011.jpg

ebg012.jpg

sun_landscape_composition_web.jpg

i know the scanner fucked up half of them with blue streaks. shitty scanner ><

The last one is fucking awesome. You need to start making prints of your work for people to buy. ;)

1002727.jpg

I know the pic is small...sorry.

I made this last year for my uncle. He has been taking me pheasant hunting every year on trukey day since I was 10 years old...it took 18 years before we ever shot one. TBH I have only seen 3 my entier life and just recently, due to released birds.

So after 18 years I wasn't about the toss out the feathers and I didn't have any money to get it mounted so I did it myself (the best I could anyway :\)

I gave it to him as an X-mas gift...he cried a little (so did I)

Last edited:
Justsomeguy, you are a truly creative person. I enjoy seeing peoples' work when they produce things that are a little unusual and different from what most people are doing. Your pictures are pretty awesome =)

Oh and, thanks for the compliment N3. You are too sweet ;)

yea for sure, i def. understand that, i made sure to include that in my post cuz i realize the purpose of alot of ppl postin in here is just for fun. Thats why the kind of shit i was thinkin of dont belong in this thread, it wouldnt be appropriate in here and it would come off as rude to people.

Thats why i figured maybe we could have a seperate "serious" art sharing thread for the ppl who are workin on improving their work, who want realistic and honest advice and opinions, good and bad. it should definately be seperate from this thread like i said, i aint tryna rain on nobodys parade if they are just fuckin around and havin some fun it aint right to bring that kinda shit in here. :) anyways, i aint tryna take this off topic i jst wanted to see if there was any interest in that type of thread.

I think that's a great idea lacey, and I'd definitely post in a thread like that! I'm pretty sensitive about my work though and still building up confidence, but if people were gentle about the criticism then it would be really valuable to know which areas I needed to work on.

For now though, here is a new one (edited to remove signature):

hibiscus2.jpg

I just sold this painting for $250 and the man who bought it commissioned a painting of his wife as a surprise. I'm pretty damn surprised because this painting isn't all that great. Unfortunately the photo doesn't capture all of the detail either. Regardless, IT SOLD!! I also got commissioned for another portrait of a woman's three year old daughter. I have yet to start that because she wants it in oil and I'm kind of dreading it since it will take forever and a day to complete.

30297_10150178258545461_687750460_12532963_7825534_n.jpg

Grats on the selling and the commission! I think I'd find it weird selling work as I seem to get quite a connection with the piece as I'm working on it, especially when its something personal (Of course no one has ever offered to buy anything so I'm just if it ever arose, money would talk, maybe I'd just add an extra 10% for sentiment haha)