• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Share your artwork v. BL's got talent

eXcTV0L.jpg

Thanks! It was a beautiful day

Was that shot with a DSLR/tripod or some combination of the stuff? Is there some UV/haze filter on the lens? I didn't even know the Bay could look like that, but I'm not from there or really even seen it in person, but that is quite the shot for sure! I can't tell any haze at that resolution whatsoever from even the smoky city in the background.

I hear they're gonna put suicide nets up on the bridge, and some say they'll ruin the view. Well, with shots like this who cares? It's so amazing, makes the giant bridge seem small, and really yourself in turn. I'm gobstopped how cloudy and foggy it can be down below and pristine blue fading into the far away distance. I haven't spent much time in mountains/hills (I really want to and will have the ability to go into nature reserves more often, soon) but I never thought such things were possible, especially in such locations at sea level!

Hi, Thank you so much.
Yes, it's an old D80 DSLR with a UV filter. I added a touch of blue so the orange of the bridge would stand out. I only got that shot as I was way up in the Marin Headlands on a cliff, so it appears as if I'm in the sky or something, lol. The bridge look minuscule from up there, as does the city.
I love just hiking around in nature, wish I could do it more often… Please take some pics when you do - I love the one above of the sunset through the tree with the cloud and dark foreground. It has a genuine feel to it, brings me back to my youth for some reason. :)

Some based on mandalas...

2010-blue.jpg

2010-lotus.jpg

2010-mandala.jpg

b380619e-48c3-4f82-8d2b-b3334be43d9d_zps03f6892f.jpg

Henna^ Have some others-will post later..and some jewelry

A little something i have been working on in my sketchbook. I kinda want to do a series of women whos hair turns into clouds like this.

11406792_10155618316080487_1925217752552207285_n.jpg

2015_06_16_10_17_38.jpg

A little something i have been working on in my sketchbook. I kinda want to do a series of women whos hair turns into clouds like this.

11406792_10155618316080487_1925217752552207285_n.jpg

2015_06_16_10_17_38.jpg

My favorite part is how the water looks around her body--especially the black scribbly patterns and the way you can see a bit of her arm. And I love the clouds. I find them difficult.

My favorite part is how the water looks around her body--especially the black scribbly patterns and the way you can see a bit of her arm. And I love the clouds. I find them difficult.

Thanks Herby! Yeah I was using those loose light lines to try and hint at her form under the water and then realized that the pen i was using for that part as my only pen that isnt water proof. I usually only use water proof pens so that i can combine them with water mediums and not have to worry about bleeding! But this is a good example of how as an artist you have to be able to turn a mistake into something that adds to the work, AKA a HAPPY ACCIDENT! Thats why i stopped doing to lining and went ahead and did the painting for the water because I wanted to have a beter chance of controling the bleeding in a way that adds to the look of the water.

Very cool, Neko! Love it! Watercolors & ink?

Yes! Water color and pens to be specific! It is one of my favorite combos for illustrations!

I like your art neko. i admit I heard that lyric "clouds in your coffee clouds in your coffee" and I thought of that pic