Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a lovely lunch with my wife today. Trying to planning the holidays. :)

Had to rush out of the house for a b-day lunch. Got home to find both my dogs waiting on the porch patiently. Felt like a dic. for leaving them out but I am glad they like their home as they are rescued Golden retrievers.

We used to have Golden Retrievers for a long time. We left them at my mother's house when I moved out. One of them lived unti he was 18! Lovely dogs for sure. :)

I don't say this loudly at Thanksgiving but there are some inlaws/ extended family I would rather lose than my Dogs.;)

Yesterday I had a week sober. I ate a delicious burger with sweet potato fries with my love. Today I am going to make seed lists and draw a diagram of our spring garden. It's true, JoeTheStoner, every moment is a blessing. I am so lucky to be alive, experiencing the myriad forms and moods of this life.

Yesterday I had a week sober. I ate a delicious burger with sweet potato fries with my love. Today I am going to make seed lists and draw a diagram of our spring garden. It's true, JoeTheStoner, every moment is a blessing. I am so lucky to be alive, experiencing the myriad forms and moods of this life.
yes. i've already shed tears of joy before sunrise this morning. peace and blessings! <3

Though I was up long before sunrise, working on a tiny creative project, I shed no tears. Peaches and honey to you! <3

That's great! Congrats for the sober week. It's so difficult sometimes. But I love have being able to come across this problem for a while now. Life is not always perfect but it's been good enough with me and also with my family!

^^ Congratulations on family reunion, Erikmen.
Right now I have a kitty staring with total contempt at me. I hope her owner doesn't notice how she much more she prefers tuna to dry food and seems a bit heavier. She actually does to seem to like me, but not when I try to play with her. She's completely uninterested. Oh well, more tuna!

Thank you for your support, Erikmen. Last night I had intense using dreams. The thing was, with a ball of hash the size of a baby's head in my hand, I felt so SAFE. I think that's what's kept me hooked for so long on various drugs of all classes, that feeling that I can survive any experience, escape any experience, no matter how brutal, with drugs. With my life, it's come in handy. But I have to leave that be now. I need to find safety in other ways. And I can.
Congratulations on having so much clean time, too. I really respect and admire you.

Thank you for your support, Erikmen. Last night I had intense using dreams. The thing was, with a ball of hash the size of a baby's head in my hand, I felt so SAFE. I think that's what's kept me hooked for so long on various drugs of all classes, that feeling that I can survive any experience, escape any experience, no matter how brutal, with drugs. With my life, it's come in handy. But I have to leave that be now. I need to find safety in other ways. And I can.
Congratulations on having so much clean time, too. I really respect and admire you.

Thank you armoresdslug. Yes, you definitely can do this!!
Cheering for you!! :)

^^ Congratulations on family reunion, Erikmen.
Right now I have a kitty staring with total contempt at me. I hope her owner doesn't notice how she much more she prefers tuna to dry food and seems a bit heavier. She actually does to seem to like me, but not when I try to play with her. She's completely uninterested. Oh well, more tuna!

I once heard from a movie that having a pet, especially a puppy that you are taking care of is the first sign that you are doing well.
The thought stayed with me. It actually seems that you are doing good!! How are you feeling, your PAWS - any better?
Take care.
E.

ups n' downs. ups far outweigh the downs.

i see this crane ? just doin its thing in the morning recently. so cool. if i can get close, ima walk up and try and like share a moment with it.

i'm not into ornithology but i think it is a crane ... regardless ima just let it be... do you bird.

tumblr_ojr83rZnQ51w27cu4o1_540.jpg

Last edited:
I once heard from a movie that having a pet, especially a puppy that you are taking care of is the first sign that you are doing well.
The thought stayed with me. It actually seems that you are doing good!! How are you feeling, your PAWS - any better?
Take care.
E.
Actually much better, thank you. I made some decisions about my life and I have to work hard to be present irl. I don't know why, but just thinking that made things better. Just gave the cat tuna! We played though.

^ glad to hear.

It's a great responsibility to take good care of your pet/puppy. It's not only about food, but like you said being there for them. As from giving your care but also taking them to vets, caring about their health. With time it becomes a part of us, of our 'family'. I remember noting my son becoming so much more altruistic, generous, so to speak.

^^I have returned the cat. I want a dog but it's too much upkeep with the schedule once life goes back online. The cat was a favor/test. Sooo... I think it went fairly well and my PAWS has subsided.
p.s. They noticed the cat seemed a little heavier. :)

Dogs are wonderful. Ever since I was born I believe we had a dog inside. And that was great, we learn so much from them. Empathy, love, responsibility, etc. They also teach us a lot and make us feel so special. Dogs don't care if you are poor, rich, addicted, sober, etc. As long as you take good care of them they will return to you 10 x more. :)

I'm deciding whether I travel next month or not. I want to go solo at this time as my son will be in school and my wife working. Can't stop thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.