• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Shadow People: Stories + Theories

Sorry to be bumping such an old thread but I just had to comment. I've only seen shadow people one time and that was a couple months after i first started working 3rd shift and I thought the couple hours of broken up sleep I got during the day was enough. Also, I would take benadryl to help me go to sleep and sometimes I'd take one or a few extra. The time I saw the shadow people I took the benadryl way too close to the time I had to wake up so I think it might have still been in my system plus I was sleep deprived. I got up for work and had a night from hell. I thought everyone I encountered was whispering behind my back and staring at me. I ran outside feeling like I was losing my mind, all I could think was that I had to get away. I had called my husband, then bf, at that point and he was yelling at me to go back inside you're gonna lose your job. I started walking down the sidewalk(at 2 AM, middle of winter New England), and my job is in a bad part of a large city, so this really was insane. As I walked I was looking around and when I would look at the street lights I kept seeing movement out the corner of my eye. I kept looking, finally spotting something behind the post of one of the lights. It was so bizarre it just looked like a shadow come to life, except almost looking cartoonish and it didn't perfectly resemble a person. After the first I saw more, some way up high, some on the ground. I told my husband people had come after me when I ran out because I did not realize what was happening at the time. I walked for a good 10 minutes and my husband somehow managed to convince me to go back, where I found my supervisor (who had no clue I had left or anything was wrong) and just burt into tears. Out poured some bizarre explanation of not getting enough sleep mixed with everyone hates me and God knows what else. Thankfully, he was a sweet guy and told me no one hates me and I just needed some sleep. He let me sit and rest for a little while and when I went back to work everything was normal. No one had any clue I had felt psychotic and was hallucinating. By morning when I left I had the worst headache.

Sorry for the long post, just curious if what I experienced is along the same lines as what people see when amped up, no sleep. I wouldn’t have thought not getting enough sleep(I wasn't getting literally NO sleep,it just varied and I was sleeping in the day because of work) would cause the reaction I had, I chalk it up to the benadryl being thrown in the mix.

DO NOT mention the shadow people!
Never acknowledge them when you see them and whatever you do FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU CAN SEE THEM. They'll make the Cenobites look like Mother Theresa.

Never acknowledge them when you see them and whatever you do FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU CAN SEE THEM. They'll make the Cenobites look like Mother Theresa.
If you don't mind me asking but why? Why not acknowledge them or let them know you can see them, Like calling them and say " hey who's there, i saw you just now, stop hiding and show yourself" like what danger does that expose me or anu other person to or what could happen. If you don't mind telling me more on this part.

I assumed it was a joke, but I only had that one experience so I didn't even know it was a hallucination. Now that plenty of time has passed and I can look back, I have a newfound respect and sympathy for people who face that kind of thing regularly. It's not for the weak, that much I know.

Sorry to be bumping such an old thread but I just had to comment. I've only seen shadow people one time and that was a couple months after i first started working 3rd shift and I thought the couple hours of broken up sleep I got during the day was enough. Also, I would take benadryl to help me go to sleep and sometimes I'd take one or a few extra. The time I saw the shadow people I took the benadryl way too close to the time I had to wake up so I think it might have still been in my system plus I was sleep deprived. I got up for work and had a night from hell. I thought everyone I encountered was whispering behind my back and staring at me. I ran outside feeling like I was losing my mind, all I could think was that I had to get away. I had called my husband, then bf, at that point and he was yelling at me to go back inside you're gonna lose your job. I started walking down the sidewalk(at 2 AM, middle of winter New England), and my job is in a bad part of a large city, so this really was insane. As I walked I was looking around and when I would look at the street lights I kept seeing movement out the corner of my eye. I kept looking, finally spotting something behind the post of one of the lights. It was so bizarre it just looked like a shadow come to life, except almost looking cartoonish and it didn't perfectly resemble a person. After the first I saw more, some way up high, some on the ground. I told my husband people had come after me when I ran out because I did not realize what was happening at the time. I walked for a good 10 minutes and my husband somehow managed to convince me to go back, where I found my supervisor (who had no clue I had left or anything was wrong) and just burt into tears. Out poured some bizarre explanation of not getting enough sleep mixed with everyone hates me and God knows what else. Thankfully, he was a sweet guy and told me no one hates me and I just needed some sleep. He let me sit and rest for a little while and when I went back to work everything was normal. No one had any clue I had felt psychotic and was hallucinating. By morning when I left I had the worst headache.

Sorry for the long post, just curious if what I experienced is along the same lines as what people see when amped up, no sleep. I wouldn’t have thought not getting enough sleep(I wasn't getting literally NO sleep,it just varied and I was sleeping in the day because of work) would cause the reaction I had, I chalk it up to the benadryl being thrown in the mix.
Just to make one point, I don’t believe you are bumping this thread, technically.

You can only bump once a day maximum surely lol!

I mean, there’s a line to be drawn somewhere. Like 3 years, first poster can qualify as bumping.

But once they’ve opened the can, no more bumps are really valid that day at least, IMO.

I’d personally not feel like I was bumping a thread that hasn’t been inactive for at least a month.

Ultimately they are just bullies who prey on the weak. It’s that sense of fear, on an emotional or spiritual level they must sniff out.

I reckon they would struggle with light, which comes from higher vibrations.

I’ve never felt the slightest fear of 4th Dimensional entities actually having the ass and cheek to come into my room at night and fuck around with me. They can get fucked themselves, don’t eve bother, you get me.

But just like bullies, they seek the easiest to scare. It must be the fear they feed off in some way.

Im still very curious about the "shadow people" subject. Have seen it a lot of times in my life but never when im sober and even when sober it was mostly when heavily sleep deprived so always have just put it off as a trick on the eyes and lack of concentration and the rest i blame on drugs. But now it seems there is a lot more to it. Hope @ChemicallyEnhanced can shed some more info on this or anyone else that have a reason or deeper description of this "phenomena' as im gonna call it.

I don't know about shadow people, or any visual hallucinations, but in meth psychosis I would be convinced random strangers were the people chasing me, and start running frantically through the streets, even blocking traffic and flagging down cars

I might have had some "shadow people" on long mdma binges, but nothing that made me paranoid, I was aware it was a hallucination and it was kind of cool.

As for demons in meth, yeah, I've definitely noticed a very sinister vibe.

Not sure if you guys are kidding but you should not engage with your hallucinations, that will worsen them in my experience. Ignore them and pretend they don't exist because they don't.
Lol, one time I was driving a long distance and hearing voices of like, all my ex girlfriends, some old friends. It was so convincing, and I could converse with them coherently. Everything else about my reality was normal, and it seemed like if I parked, got out of my car, and walked away, the voices stopped. They were only present when I got in the car. I started digging around tearing it apart looking for a speaker.

Another time, I was hearing a bunch of different people's voices through a wall, and conversing with them for hours.

They're just fragments of our own minds, the brain makes them look like people because that's what human brains do (we see faces everywhere).
I've never seen them while high because I never stay awake for long periods of time and have never experienced psychosis either.
But I've seen shadow people and even "demonic creatures" plenty of time while experiencing sleep paralysis (mostly as a child). It's a very scary experience but they instantly disappear as soon as you become lucid again and your mind starts working normally.

Lol, one time I was driving a long distance and hearing voices of like, all my ex girlfriends, some old friends. It was so convincing, and I could converse with them coherently. Everything else about my reality was normal, and it seemed like if I parked, got out of my car, and walked away, the voices stopped. They were only present when I got in the car. I started digging around tearing it apart looking for a speaker
Sounds a bit scary AF, especially if it was mini speakers hidden in your car but then again if it was just hidden speakers how could the person on the other side have changed the voices to the specific persons you were hearing or conversing with, Mind fuck of not for me there.

Sounds a bit scary AF, especially if it was mini speakers hidden in your car but then again if it was just hidden speakers how could the person on the other side have changed the voices to the specific persons you were hearing or conversing with, Mind fuck of not for me there.
Yeah that would be some pretty advanced technology. Maybe it was beamed from a satellite :O

They're just fragments of our own minds, the brain makes them look like people because that's what human brains do (we see faces everywhere).
I've never seem them while high because I never stay awake for long periods of time and have never experienced psychosis either.
But I've seen shadow people and even "demonic creatures" plenty of time while experiencing sleep paralysis (mostly as a child). It's a very scary experience but they instantly disappear as soon as you become lucid again and your mind starts working normally.
Weird you mention this, cause as a child i also use to experience sleep paralysis with demonic presence if you want to call it that but as i got older and at the age i am now i haven't experienced that again. Or the feeling of waking up from someone like pushing you down on the bed making you feel powerless.

Yes our own imaginations can manifest beings of all natures including dark and sinister ones.

But to deny the existence of the spiritual world is plain naive.
Drugs can be a little bit like spiritual possession, or sometimes a lot-of-bit

Weird you mention this, cause as a child i also use to experience sleep paralysis with demonic presence if you want to call it that but as i got older and at the age i am now i haven't experienced that again. Or the feeling of waking up from someone like pushing you down on the bed making you feel powerless.
Yeah man just remembering some of that stuff gives me chills. It's a very strange experience.
It has happened even before falling asleep as well, so it ain't just the typical sleep paralysis.
I used to sleep with my bedroom door open and I remember being in bed and suddenly feeling like someone was watching me... Then I opened my eyes and looked at the door just to see a strange human-like creature standing there. This is what true fear feels like, I couldn't do anything besides staying completely still and hoping it will go away.

Darkness is a very misterious thing and it's not unusual for children to be afraid of it, it's a very primitive fear.

I also remember when i was in my twenties and dating this one Girl who had a 3yr old girl, Some nights she (the 3yr old) would wake up screaming and crying from nightmares and we didn't know why. One night when this happened and she couldnt fall a sleep and seeing as (my girl at that time) needed her sleep for work, the one specific night her little girl freaked out again i offered to lay with her in her bed till she fell asleep and keep her safe. She fell asleep and so did i after a while and it was then that i woke up from something pushing me down in bed and i couldn't talk or say anything, this went on for only a few seconds but as soon as i could move i pict her girl up and quickly moved to our bedroom and slept with her between us for the rest of the night or early morning hours. I explained this to her the next morning and told her that this flat she is staying in is not on, something is wrong. She moved out end of the month to a knew place and it never happened again to her daughter or me for that matter, so even till today that haunts me in away as i just can't find any rational explanation.

I also remember when i was in my twenties and dating this one Girl who had a 3yr old girl, Some nights she (the 3yr old) would wake up screaming and crying from nightmares and we didn't know why. One night when this happened and she couldnt fall a sleep and seeing as (my girl at that time) needed her sleep for work, the one specific night her little girl freaked out again i offered to lay with her in her bed till she fell asleep and keep her safe. She fell asleep and so did i after a while and it was then that i woke up from something pushing me down in bed and i couldn't talk or say anything, this went on for only a few seconds but as soon as i could move i pict her girl up and quickly moved to our bedroom and slept with her between us for the rest of the night or early morning hours. I explained this to her the next morning and told her that this flat she is staying in is not on, something is wrong. She moved out end of the month to a knew place and it never happened again to her daughter or me for that matter, so even till today that haunts me in away as i just can't find any rational explanation.
I’ve heard that exact same encountering experience before. I believe and accept, genuine dark spirits can attempt to bully, intimidate and oppress us. But again it’s always a case of preying on the weak, or just trying the field see what sort of response they get.

I make a very firm distinction in my own mind, between self facilitated self perpetuating substance addiction and the phenomenon of 4th dimensional shadow beings entering our 3D space and interacting with us for whatever conceited purpose.

I don't want to derail this thread but do you guys think ouija board is real or a real way of communicating with these beings from another realm or space?