L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Sexual harassment

somnilicious

Bluelighter
I think I was just sexually harassed by the big, gay, black Baker at the local grocery store. I mean.... I know I was harassed. I'm just not sure of the intent.

I was upset about my order, which was supposed to include some sugar free sweets for my diabetic mother, when I was interupted by the flamboyant attendant.

"UMmmmmhuh.... Listen here sassafras. How's about you turnaround, back up in here with those buttermilk loaves cause for now on you gonna be the one bringing me MY sugah. I'm gonna powder those biscuits and come quick Nestle cause this chocolate mix don't wait on milk all day. You got that buttermilk biscuit."

He then starred at me with the most awkwardly, intense stare. The other young female attendant giggled as he winked at her. I was stunned and didn't know what to do or say. Was he joking?? It was so bizzare and absurd. Did he really just say that? I took the items and left in confusion.

I was curious to hear other people's experiences of sexual harassment and how they handled the situation. What should I have done? There was an almost racist element to the exchange. It felt very demeaning and embarrassing. I am a white male btw. I couldn't even bring myself to say anything because I felt so mortified and embarrassed. I don't know if he was trying to hit on me, insult me or a little bit of both. Was it a distasteful joke?? I wasn't being rude or inpatient whatsoever, so I don't understand where this was coming from.

Now that the shock has worn off I think I am going to go confront the guy myself. I did get the replacements btw but I feel insulted by the comment.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. You never know what's going through their weirdness of the mind.
You don't deserve that kind of service for being a customer. Wow.

I'm so sorry. You never know what's going through their weirdness of the mind.
You don't deserve that kind of service for being a customer. Wow.

I know... right. It was so awkward. It felt surreal because it was so over the top, demeaning, bizarre and unprofessional.

I know... right. It was so awkward. It felt surreal because it was so over the top, demeaning, bizarre and unprofessional.
I would absolutely ask to speak to a manager. That is the most over the top, unprofessional thing I've ever heard.

I would absolutely ask to speak to a manager. That is the most over the top, unprofessional thing I've ever heard.

I don't know what to do because the guy has always been so nice to me in the past and I really don't want to get him fired but it made me extremely uncomfortable and the fact that he did it in front of another female employee made it even more embarrassing. Like Wow!! Who does shit like that. He had to have known he was way out of line and what nerve to do it in front of a coworker.

Last edited:
I don't know what to do because the guy has always been so nice to me and I really don't want to get the guy fired but it made me extremely uncomfortable and the fact that he did it in front of another female employee made it even more embarrassing. Like Wow!! Who does shit like that. He had to have known he was way out of line and what nerve to do it in front of a coworker.
He was more baked than he even knew.
And he definitely should dough better.

I would have laughed and said bravo ??
That was quite a good series of words I read it three times Sassafras.

Did you get you diabetic treats in the end?

It was extremely impressive. He must have been planning it for sometime. I was really too shocked and confused to say anything. I just wanted my mom's muffins and to get the fuck out of there....lol.... It took me a minute to even realize what the fuck he had just said and process it. I might have added or negated a word from poor memory retention but that was basically it verbatim.

oh i know . . . .
CZyvgqR.jpg

It was extremely impressive. He must have been planning it for sometime. I was really too shocked and confused to say anything. I just wanted my mom's muffins and to get the fuck out of there....lol.... It took me a minute to even realize what the fuck he had just said and process it. I might have added or negated a word from poor memory retention but that was basically it verbatim.
Just a thought is it lyrics or a movie quote?

I tend you reference tv shows or movies and while it fits the scenario and I’m like fuck yeah ... the other person doesn’t get it and I end up the embarrassed ...they never saw Step Brothers!

Sounds like one of those that's flamboyantly gay and thinks they can insult heteros as long as it's witty and everyone just laughs it off. I thought you were joking at first but it seems that you're serious. Anyways, if you don't know this person on a kid around and give each other a hard time level then yeah I'd say that they crossed the line. Not sure what I would've done, probably just been like "Don't talk to me like that!". If they said anything back other than an apology I probably would've reported them to a higher up in the store. It's really your call, but an employee shouldn't be harassing customers.

I think I was just sexually harassed by the big, gay, black Baker at the local grocery store. I mean.... I know I was harassed. I'm just not sure of the intent.

I was upset about my order, which was supposed to include some sugar free sweets for my diabetic mother, when I was interupted by the flamboyant attendant.

"UMmmmmhuh.... Listen here sassafras. How's about you turnaround, back up in here with those buttermilk loaves cause for now on you gonna be the one bringing me MY sugah. I'm gonna powder those biscuits and come quick Nestle cause this chocolate mix don't wait on milk all day. You got that buttermilk biscuit."

He then starred at me with the most awkwardly, intense stare. The other young female attendant giggled as he winked at her. I was stunned and didn't know what to do or say. Was he joking?? It was so bizzare and absurd. Did he really just say that? I took the items and left in confusion.

I was curious to hear other people's experiences of sexual harassment and how they handled the situation. What should I have done? There was an almost racist element to the exchange. It felt very demeaning and embarrassing. I am a white male btw. I couldn't even bring myself to say anything because I felt so mortified and embarrassed. I don't know if he was trying to hit on me, insult me or a little bit of both. Was it a distasteful joke?? I wasn't being rude or inpatient whatsoever, so I don't understand where this was coming from.

Now that the shock has worn off I think I am going to go confront the guy myself. I did get the replacements btw but I feel insulted by the comment.

That was definitely inappropriate of him. You're a customer where he works, not another guy in a bar. Sounds like he's probably one of those "militant" gay guys that feel the need to shove their sexuality in everyone's face. I hate people like that. Makes gay guys look bad.

maybe he had a 'break'
or he was 'on' something.
whoa.
i mean.
why.

but i say he did it on purpose.

he thinks he has authority,
and on the job?.

he's a little poop. yuk.

or fugoodness sake hateful, just hateful.

Yeah that was unprofessional and the baker could just be so comfortable there that he acts just like he would amongst friends.

He is not a friend and in that instance you could just tell him that he is out of line or play along and not dampen his spirit yet at the same time remind him where he is so he doesn't make the same comment to someone who is uptight enough to cause him to be fired or sued.

You must have a nice arse and it's sweet that compliments still exist in this emotionless and artificially bland world

Yeah that was unprofessional and the baker could just be so comfortable there that he acts just like he would amongst friends.

He is not a friend and in that instance you could just tell him that he is out of line or play along and not dampen his spirit yet at the same time remind him where he is so he doesn't make the same comment to someone who is uptight enough to cause him to be fired or sued.

You must have a nice arse and it's sweet that compliments still exist in this emotionless and artificially bland world
RIGHT !