• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Serotonin Syndrome aftermath

There is no magic medicine or cure, unfortunately. My SS experience started in February and by end of April ish, I was beginning to feel loads better. That was until I took cyproheptadine, thinking it would deplete serotonin. It didn't and so I had another 2 bouts of SS. I am now only 3 weeks into my recovery again.

You can take propranolol for anxiety, it's not brilliant but helps a bit and brings heart rate down. I wouldn't take anything else.

There's a Web site called Self nutrition data that gives you nutrient values of food. Avoid dietary supplements and stick to foods that are low in tryptophan, omega 3 and 6, niacin and gluten. There are probably others to avoid, but it's too complex for my comprehension.

Definitely no meat, and get some gentle exercise daily until you're strong enough for more exertion.

I'm still quite weak but my main problem now is anhedonia and tinnitus. I'm sure my anhedonia has eased last time but there's always that self doubt as I'm 'will it go after a second bout of SS?'. Really sucks.