• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seroquel

Very familiar with quetiapine myself. And for pure sleeping reason 25mg should do the trick. And as the dose goes up so does the side buy this is various it seems between users and reasons behind.

I know some duel diagnosis places won't even prescribe Seroquel to patients anymore because it's said to just mask their addiction.

I went from being on Seroquel to being on Zyprexa to finally being on Clozapine. I've taking lots of different Antipsychotics over twenty years. Oh, and Haldol... I can't stand that stuff it makes me pace around. And when you compare Haldol to Chlorpromazine. Chlorpromazine has a lot less side effects believe it or not. Over all... Clozapine seems to work the best for me. I've been taking the stuff for the past eight years.
Hey - old post. Did you get on Clozapine for treatment resistance? I have a schizo friend who was totally gone last summer, and now seems almost completely cured.

I did some reading, and a theory for how it works is it reduces the dopamine receptor upregulation other APs cause. Do you feel more clear headed and more normal? Is the blood work a pain for you? How's your functionality so far as work and socializing?

Sorry if that's a lot!

Wondering if anyone here has any experience with seroquel? I had some of my Zolpidem stolen at some point this month and can’t refill until Thursday. A friend gave me some of her sleep meds. Seroquel 100 mg. For harm reduction, I just want to know what dosage I should use for my first night. I haven’t abused drugs for about 6 years and usually wouldn’t take meds from someone else, but I’m desperate for sleep. I’ve searched online forums and I’m just not sure how much to take. Friend said half of the 100mg tablet. Some forums have said they do best on 12.5 mg. So here I am. On a drug forum. Asking these questions.
Besides the sleep inducing anti-histaminergic effect's. What makes it different then say Mirtazepine (way less side effects/ purely anti-histaminergic/ anti depressant). My dr prescribed me Quatiapine 'off label' as its not indicated for that purpose. Its an full on anti-psychotic/ Zombiefying drug.

It induced no sleep in me at 25 mg. And I got the óff label"use as sleep med of their info leaflet. As in general its a practice not suported by the PharmacoTherapeutic Kompas (dr's Bible). So they had to take off the tekst reffering to sleep med. At the pharmacy, wonder if they did it?