• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seroquel

Alliswell55

Greenlighter
Wondering if anyone here has any experience with seroquel? I had some of my Zolpidem stolen at some point this month and can’t refill until Thursday. A friend gave me some of her sleep meds. Seroquel 100 mg. For harm reduction, I just want to know what dosage I should use for my first night. I haven’t abused drugs for about 6 years and usually wouldn’t take meds from someone else, but I’m desperate for sleep. I’ve searched online forums and I’m just not sure how much to take. Friend said half of the 100mg tablet. Some forums have said they do best on 12.5 mg. So here I am. On a drug forum. Asking these questions.

Seroquel is sometimes prescribed off label as a sleep aid but it's actually an antipsychotic. However at low doses (not sure of the exact range off the top of my head, I can try to check and edit a more specific answer in when I get home from work tonight) it primarily acts as an antihistamine, it's also still very sedating at even 25mg for most people. Maybe 12.5mg, I've not heard of going that low but I would not be surprised if that would also be effective.

For inducing sleep you really don't need much at all. You also want to take as little as possible because it has some nasty side effects at higher doses. It can actually be counterproductive because doses of 50+mg can give me restless legs, similar to diphenhydramine, due to it's anticholinergic mechanism.

I would suggest taking 12.5mg. This should be enough to induce sleep. There is no reason to take more than 25mg simply for sleep. It's a very powerful drug.

For inducing sleep you really don't need much at all. You also want to take as little as possible because it has some nasty side effects at higher doses. It can actually be counterproductive because doses of 50+mg can give me restless legs, similar to diphenhydramine, due to it's anticholinergic mechanism.

I would suggest taking 12.5mg. This should be enough to induce sleep. There is no reason to take more than 25mg simply for sleep. It's a very powerful drug.
Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated! I will probably take this advice for 12.5. I really don’t want to be groggy the next day. I’m ready for my ambien back. No hangover or sluggish feeling the next day.Love it.

id start at 25mg , i have a lot of exp taking seroquel, great for mania, i redose after 2 hrs if im still stimming

shouldnt feel drowzy in the morning after 25, maybe up to 50

also u will build a tolerance if u take the same amt every night for a week straight .

and when u stop insomnia is worse for a few days .

Take the lowest effective dose. 12.5mg to 25mg should work, perhaps closer to the 25mg mark since you are using it to replace zolpidem and may have trouble sleeping.

By far the best way to take seroquel for sleep purposes is to take a small piece of the pill (if you have a 100mg tablet use somewhere between 1/8th to 1/4th of the pill), and chew it slightly and hold under the tongue until it dissolves. Not only does it work more quickly, it doesn't last as long, thus reducing the risk of a next-day hangover or unwanted sedation.

Take the lowest effective dose. 12.5mg to 25mg should work, perhaps closer to the 25mg mark since you are using it to replace zolpidem and may have trouble sleeping.

By far the best way to take seroquel for sleep purposes is to take a small piece of the pill (if you have a 100mg tablet use somewhere between 1/8th to 1/4th of the pill), and chew it slightly and hold under the tongue until it dissolves. Not only does it work more quickly, it doesn't last as long, thus reducing the risk of a next-day hangover or unwanted sedation.
Wish I read this before I took it. It’s been over an hr and I feel nothing so far.😩

25mg was good for sleep during diazepam taper, but do not take it for too long.
Soon you will need 50mg, then 75mg... a couple weeks without, your histamine receptors will be back to normal and 25mg will send you back to sleep for 16 hours.
It does not seem to cause significant withdrawal symptoms low dose and short term (3-6 months)

The zombie like state is unpleasant, but who cares as a zombie.

It takes a LOT time to hit in. 2-3 hours, but you can feel it after 1 hour. When it hits, your mouth dries up, hearth is racing, stuffed nose etc... like all other histamine drugs. Hopefully you are knocked out by then.

To avoid next day hangover^^ this is good info!
When I was like 15yrs old someone convinced me to snort this "seroquel" (I think I was probably out n about looking for bars but ended up with one of those..
anyway, long story short my dumbass snorted one and IMMEDIATELY regretted it.
It was literally hell for me and my nose (either way I was new to snorting anything besides blow) after some weird hallucinations(not the fun kind), passed out, finally came sunrise, and it's funny as fuck because my boss called me that morning wondering where or why I no call&noshow, and I straight up told her, "fuck it I quit" and she was like umm dude you can just call in..? And I was so fucked up groggy I was like NAH I'M DONE WITH EVERYTHING. LoL

I have been taking 200mg in the evening and 25mg in the morning for many years. My diagnosis: acute psychosis, which later changed to bipolar disorder. I sleep very well and have no difficulty getting up in the morning. I am also not woozy or anything during the day....

I used to take Seroquel 800mg at bedtime as an Antipsychotic for my Schizophrenia. I'm glad I'm off the stuff. I take Clozapine 400mg at bedtime now and it works a lot better for me. Seroquel just had too many side effects for me. Such as daytime drowsiness. On top of that Seroquel gave me some bad withdrawals coming off of it. I would just avoid taking Seroquel in the first place.

I used to take Seroquel 800mg at bedtime as an Antipsychotic for my Schizophrenia. I'm glad I'm off the stuff. I take Clozapine 400mg at bedtime now and it works a lot better for me. Seroquel just had too many side effects for me. Such as daytime drowsiness. On top of that Seroquel gave me some bad withdrawals coming off of it. I would just avoid taking Seroquel in the first place.
How long did the withdrawals last

I'm in a similar position with haloperidol, too many sides but can't reduce dose without getting bad withdrawals

I went from being on Seroquel to being on Zyprexa to finally being on Clozapine. I've taking lots of different Antipsychotics over twenty years. Oh, and Haldol... I can't stand that stuff it makes me pace around. And when you compare Haldol to Chlorpromazine. Chlorpromazine has a lot less side effects believe it or not. Over all... Clozapine seems to work the best for me. I've been taking the stuff for the past eight years.

I take zopiclone sometimes when i can't sleep but have seroquel on hand. I take 25 and it don't really work well for me but for most it does. 100mg is way to much and you'll feel really groggy the next day

I take seroquel. Its great for coming off stimulants, and right now I'm taking it because I'm still partially in benzo withdrawal. IDK 12.5mg isn't a lot. I started with 25mg. Then again I suppose it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

Btw, it does take a long time to kick in... like 2-3 hours it feels like.