• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seroquel

bookina

Bluelighter
Hi!
Can Seroquel ever be dangerous, or taking more will just make you sleep/be out longer? The stories have read seem to say that it is rather low risk, but... I want to check?

25-50mg is enough to put me to sleep pretty easy.

why do you ask ? how much do you want to take? 200-300 is antipsychotic doses which would make it difficult to get going the next morning

I just want to be out/get a break from life, but without, you know, dying or doing permanent damage. I don't really have access to anything more interesting. I have 4000mg, and any way, I don't have anything on any next morning.

i wouldn't take more than 300mg at once personally.

my experience when i had a high dose of seroquel (abt 300mg i guess), nothing wakes me up during the night, could sleep 12-16 hours, i wake up with my bed sheets drenched in sweat because i had night sweats, i wake up feeling a stoned feeling in the sense there is like weight keeping me down and it takes me hours to get out of bed because i am so dazed.

its not recreational, it has moderate to minimal anti-psychotic and anxiolytic affects.

have you got someone you can talk to about your feelings? what is on your mind?

Last edited:
Yes it can. Quetiapine is one of the many pharmaceuticals that unfortunately block the human hERG potassium channel, although it is one of the atypicals with the least potency to do so.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2493295/

This can be dangerous in acute or chronic use as it can cause sudden cardiac death. The antihistamine terfenadine - allegra's (fexofenadine) older brother - was withdrawn from the market due to this issue.

Generally medications with this effect you don't want to mess around with and should just take at the lowest effective dose.

Thank you for the replies.
Mysterie: I used to take it, and indeed, it felt quite like that. I don't remember exactly how much I was taking. I think it made me faint once though, so I guess I should be careful.

I have a therapist but it does not seem to cut it. It's just the "i don't have a future and life is unbearable." My mother will be visiting in a few weeks, so I have to be around until then at least, but i just... wish I could take a break/get some rest from the feelings.

Thank you GirlWithBlueHair. I have tried to read the article, but science is not really my strong suit. What is the "human hERG potassium channel"? Is it what causes the heart issues discussed in the article? And by "acute" you mean even using it just one time? (I have not taken it for 2 years, so I don't think chronic use should be an issue). Thank you a lot.

Last edited:
if you can, find someone you trust to open up to for some support. it is difficult to carry this weight alone. i'm happy to talk if you would like <3

there is also the 'mental health' and 'the dark side' subforums where you could post to get some different perspectives.

Here, this is from wikipedia: This ion channel (sometimes simply denoted as 'hERG') is best known for its contribution to the electrical activity of the heart that coordinates the heart's beating (i.e., the hERG channel mediates the repolarizing IKr current in the cardiac action potential). When this channel's ability to conduct electrical current across the cell membrane is inhibited or compromised, either by application of drugs or by rare mutations in some families,[4] it can result in a potentially fatal disorder called long QT syndrome; a number of clinically successful drugs in the market have had the tendency to inhibit hERG, and create a concomitant risk of sudden death, as a side-effect, which has made hERG inhibition an important antitarget that must be avoided during drug development.[5]

Basically the hERG channel helps maintain sinus rhythm and normal beating of the heart.

By acute dose, when you hear that term, it generally means a rather large dose taken at one time, as opposed to chronic.

I meant taking more than 400mg at once, which is usually the max prescribed at once to be taken twice daily. Though I've seen it used at 600bid as well.

But by acute I was referring to some of the dosages people take on these internet forums for some reason upwards of 800mg.

this drug I didn't even need I had anxiety and adhd and insomnia I now on 5mg zyprexa felt terrible on seroquel if over 75mg only kept getting it as used to do 3 day benderso on mephedrone then seroquel temazepam one stroganoff beer and a spliff to knick me out ahh synthesised crystal meth or crack I'd say. mephedrone is and some of the research chemicals I've had is.like your fucking.with the devjk

Thank you for the offer, Mysterie. (And I don't feel I can post on these parts of the forum, because... it does not really feel related enough to drugs?)

GirlWithBlueHair: thank you for the explanations.

The first time I took Seroquel, I literally zoned out and slurred my speech in front of my partner. Works great for a couple of nights if you just want to be knocked out cold. I used to work Saturdays from 4AM-9AM and then come home and take a 1mg xanax tab or a seroquel.

-ExNYer

Thank you

I am not sure it is okay to say. I would want to take ... too much. Not enough to die. I don't want to die. But enough to make anything else not matter, at least for some time. I am not sure it makes a lot of sense from the outside. I guess it's a form of weird self-harm. I was thinking 3000mg, because i had read it was unlikely to cause lasting damage, but now I am not sure.
I know, you don't encourage self-harm, I suppose.

Thank you for the offer, Mysterie. (And I don't feel I can post on these parts of the forum, because... it does not really feel related enough to drugs?)

GirlWithBlueHair: thank you for the explanations.

this is from TDS forum guidelines

Introduction

Welcome to The Dark Side (TDS)! The Dark Side is the Bluelight forum which covers themes which have a negative effect on one's life in some way. This includes issues that arise due to drug addiction or abuse, psychological stress, self-harm, eating disorders and many other serious life obstacles. Many here have moved past a great deal of their darker moments, but have remained a part of this community and desire to be of assistance to others still in challenging times. TDS is here for people recovering from drug use, wanting to recover, for people with mental illness or just in a dark place in their life, to seek assistance, guidance, support from a group of peers. d

and mental health as a forum covers all mental health issues including those unrelated to drug use

Thank you

I am not sure it is okay to say. I would want to take ... too much. Not enough to die. I don't want to die. But enough to make anything else not matter, at least for some time. I am not sure it makes a lot of sense from the outside. I guess it's a form of weird self-harm. I was thinking 3000mg, because i had read it was unlikely to cause lasting damage, but now I am not sure.
I know, you don't encourage self-harm, I suppose.

i urge you to not take a massive acute dose of seroquel. consider your difficulty processing emotions now, and then how much more challenging live would be, after overdosing and potentially causing chronic damage to your body.

You mentioned that you see a therapist and feel it's not helping. My experience is you get out of it what you put in. Are you also seeing a psychiatrist? Perhaps Seroquel isn't the right medication for you. There are other drugs that may help you better. You're right - we don't encourage self harm practices. Like Mysterie said, you may want to check out the Dark Side if you need someone to talk to. My best advice though is to continue therapy, even find a different person if you two haven't hit it off. You need to examine the reasons that make you want to do this to yourself.

first time i took 25mg everyone said i was the most still id ever been as usually fidgety and cant concentrate,
It also very good for after amphetamine binges but it is dangerous as amphetamines are opposite of anti psychotics so I RECKON ive mashed my brain taking mephedrone for 3 days straight then taking 50mg seroquel every half hour till 150 at max to fall asleep unkless I had benzos and alcohol.
On olanzapine now, it doesn't taker the anxiety away like seroquel does strasight away as seroquel well quetiapine the IR version knocks you clean out. never tried XR but when I didnt have my olanzapine, I took a seroquel instead and my god I do not miss the hangover you get used to it but mate feels like you drank spirits, lager, cider and amphetamine comedown all in one lol. dam antipsychotics just make you stupid and dumb, they are over prescribed and if you havnrt got schizophrenia or bipolar, your going to have it once your brain rewires with these drugs unfortunately.

never ever hallucinated didnt take olanzapine for 3 days after being on seroquel for 3 years and olanzapine few months, i was hallucinating auditory sounds and thinking peopole who had trouble with me were behind me trying to kill me.

my uncle soon as he stopped olanzapine 15mg cold turkey fucking hellk he was scary, turned into complete opposite person.

Seroquel or by its generic name Quetiapine is a wierd drug, I believe its given in high doses for bi polar I believe but the side effect is drowsiness. Here in Canada its often prescribed in low doses as a non addictive sleep aid. However when I have tried I slept like a log, but I felt like I was in a fog the entire next day it was awful. I only used a dose of 25mg to.

Seroquel or by its generic name Quetiapine is a wierd drug, I believe its given in high doses for bi polar I believe but the side effect is drowsiness. Here in Canada its often prescribed in low doses as a non addictive sleep aid. However when I have tried I slept like a log, but I felt like I was in a fog the entire next day it was awful. I only used a dose of 25mg to.
I take 100mg for my insomnia but it doesnt work anymore.
I hate tolerance.

I've tried doses ranging from 25-100 mg doses.

Just today, as I was completely bored and wanted to shut myself down as to not go and follow my urge and purchase Oxy, I took 100 mg. I barely managed 2 hours sleep. I've been awake now for around 2 hours and want to be asleep again. I have plenty more Quetiapine in my draw, but am reluctant to take any more as I don't feel as though it will help. As all I feel now are the weird anticholinergic side effects. Dry mouth/dry nose, slightly lethargic, but not tired as if I'll sleep.

I still have 300 mg Pregabalin to take, also have 125 mg worth of Hydroxyzine left from my script, and some Diazepam. All of which I have a high tolerance to, and all of which will probably just dry me out even more without knocking me out. Also have some Diphenhydramine, Promethazine and a single 45 mg Mirtazapine tab.