• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Septsober - The September gettn and stayn sober thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 days clean here from doing a very short 4 day suboxone detox.Today is 5 days for me no subs and 10 days no oxycodone.

No I'm not that shawn but it was wortha shot on your part lol and Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.This Iis just what I needed a great support site.

For me?
Thanks!
Congrats on 5!
Yes, I'm 24 days now, wow! Yes, it's a process… like no other …. and no one knows but one who is or has been through it. <3

I'm going to bed now it's midnight here on the westcoast.I have taken my melatonin, 5htp and a shot of nyquil thats been getting me 8hrs of full sleep so far.I will talk you you my new friends in the morning.

Has anyone stopped opiates doing a short term sub detox? Today is day 6 for me no suboxone and 10days no oxycodone. I wake up feeling good but as the day goes on later in the afternoon it's like I hit a wall with no motivation at all.Just wondering if anyone else has ever done a short term suboxone detox to shed some light on when I might get back to normal.

Has anyone stopped opiates doing a short term sub detox? Today is day 6 for me no suboxone and 10days no oxycodone. I wake up feeling good but as the day goes on later in the afternoon it's like I hit a wall with no motivation at all.Just wondering if anyone else has ever done a short term suboxone detox to shed some light on when I might get back to normal.

I have done one and also a short methadone detox off opiates. For a couple weeks my body would hit pretty bad lethargy in the day… as if I were dragging myself around… feeling very heavy. I still get a little of that but it's been wearing off. B6, Vit C, Tyrosine, L Carnitine helps. Basically a lot of amino acids/vitamins and fruits may help somewhat. :)

Thanks for the info Smoky.I have been taking everyday a multi-vitamin, omega 3&5 , Vitamin B6 and 300 mgs of 5htp.I did do a 90% aggressive taper over a 2 week period before I did take the suboxone for 4 days.I tapered over 2 weeks from120-150 mgs of oxycodone daily down to just 15mgs.I'm hoping that will help in this process couldn't have hurt right lol .I have been doing some research on a couple other sites and I think Im looking at about 10 to 14 days to be back to pretty much normal and if that's the case today being day 6 no suboxone and 10 days no oxycodone. I'm probably about half way there and should be getting better with each day that passes from here on out.

If you dont mind me asking what are you finally getting away from on a daily basis? And a big congrats to you on day 25 today right? Great Job!!! Keep on keeping on and never look back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks neversickanymore I have stopped once before but have never had any serious paws or depression luckily. I believe all the vitamins and 5htp and l-tyrosine helped alot.I cancelled my doctors appt yesterday so im never gonna be around pain meds again.I'm bowing out of this game for good once and for all.Shawn is done completely.

Congrats on getting off Suboxone; keep up the good work man! Before you know it you'll feel a lot better.

Thanks Captain. The late afternoon and nights are the hardest right now.It's so nice waking up and not feeling terrible and have to take my morning dose of oxycodone first thing.My energy is there in the morning and just seems to diminish as the day goes on.But I know this will get better with each day that passes.Today is Day 6 no Suboxone and 10 days since taking my last and final oxycodone for the rest of my life.

4 months and 10 days (133 days) for me. I am still sick as a dog. Kinda scared but I am at my parents house so I have people watching me.

EDIT: Didn't want to scare any newcomers to the thread, I am sick as in viral sick. You will not be in acute withdrawal for 4 months....

I have 20 months clean as on today!!! Shits going good, just applied to get back into university so I can finally complete my degree! Really hype about that. Have been on a healthy diet spree recently lots of fruits, veggies, water, etc. which has been nice body feels better. Started boxing again which I'm happy about and just downloaded this sweet app MapMyRun so I can track all my cardio training that I'm doing outside of boxing. Life's good!!!

Thanks for the info Smoky.I have been taking everyday a multi-vitamin, omega 3&5 , Vitamin B6 and 300 mgs of 5htp.I did do a 90% aggressive taper over a 2 week period before I did take the suboxone for 4 days.I tapered over 2 weeks from120-150 mgs of oxycodone daily down to just 15mgs.I'm hoping that will help in this process couldn't have hurt right lol .I have been doing some research on a couple other sites and I think Im looking at about 10 to 14 days to be back to pretty much normal and if that's the case today being day 6 no suboxone and 10 days no oxycodone. I'm probably about half way there and should be getting better with each day that passes from here on out.

If you dont mind me asking what are you finally getting away from on a daily basis? And a big congrats to you on day 25 today right? Great Job!!! Keep on keeping on and never look back.

Hi - Congrats on day 6!
Yes, I have 25 today.
I used to take 5 htp … it calmed me down a little actually. Good stuff! I also took some similar cold medicine, but it was Alka Seltzer plus, nighttime formula.

You seem stocked up … well prepared, that's great - I'm really glad it's working for you. Each day I hit some bumps in the road but overall the road has been smoother.
Keep up the good work.. making a difference for the better. Yay!
I will look back to see what I'm getting away from. Maybe that person under influence of drugs? I am still having some short term memory problems, but this will pass with time, not like I was initially. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.