• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Septsober - The September gettn and stayn sober thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or are you at 31 days Smoky? Either way Great Job very well done :)

Yup! Thanks so much!
I think I'm gonna make it this time. Still can't take a nap in the day when I'm really tired, but I'll get there. That's what took me out last time, lack of energy. I'm getting it back sooner though, just having a lot of lethargy mid day, and can't sleep yet, but sleeping very well at night now … and the ' chills ' are totally gone. Still some watery eyes for some reason, but better day by day… My mental state is finally clearing up too. Initially my brain was firing constantly, then I hit a fog for a few weeks, kinda disoriented… concerned if I damaged my memory but clarity is slowly returning. I'm functioning much better than I was! Yay!

I'm still having these dang sneeze attacks lol About 20 or more times a day I just laugh at them lol that's basically the last symptom im having now.When I have quit before the p.a.w.s set in basically right after my initial withdrawal and Im not getting any of that now no deprssion and the no energy is gone and about 3 days now no headaches that always a really annoying part of recovery feeling like your brain is to big for your skull. When I do start to get a little headache Im take Ibuprofen and either hot shower or a hot Epson salt bath and its gone for the rest of the day.Overall this short term sub detox was pretty easy much easier than stopping cold turkey. I will never go back EVER !!! Life is 100% better sober.Congrats again Smoky.

I get those also Shawn, but only a couple times a day now. Thanks BlueSaffron.. how'z it going with you?

After work today, instead of focusing on my lethargy concerns … I went to the beach… beautiful day here today.
I have not had the desire to do that in a long time… Was so very beautiful… just walking on the wet sand … watching the waves, dogs running… kites flying and birds circling over some large sand crabs running sideways in small groups… back into the sea splashing into the water. The sun will set soon. I may move out this way. I live closer to downtown, but have always loved the coast… :)

Still doing this thing! Been so frickin busy... not really sure how I did this when using all the time. I have 4 months and 17 days today!

< Welcome to Bluelight J. Please read the individual forum guidelines. Posting if anyone has been doing this activity i clearly not appropriate for this thread and is not allowed by rule please consider this your warning>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Captain today marks 14 days for me since I quit my 4 day suboxone detox and 17 days since last oxycodone. Just woke up slept a total of 7 hrs and feeling Great.Have a GreatFriday eveveryone.

Reading all these threads, I'm starting to feel like I'm defective. Today is day 48 for me off hydrocodone/oxycodone, and I still feel pretty terrible. I have a lot of fatigue, and my brain still feels like it is wrapped in a blanket. I'm so much better than I was a month ago, but my progress seems to have stalled since about day 32. I'm exercising when I can, and I'm trying to be patient with myself and the process, but I'm frustrated. When do I get to feeling great? It's so hard to be optimistic about the future when I can't feel any change day to day.

wanting.. just keep pushing.. most people find significant relief within eight months.

Until the final light at the end of the tunnel emerged for me I also could not discern any positive difference day to day, but when I thought about it there was positive progress shown when I compaired where I was at to where I was at a week or two before.

Keep pushing your doing great and there is a pot of gold at the end of this and im not just blowing smoke up you ass!!!!:D

From my personal expierence the first weeks are the 'easiest' since the acute withdrawl can remind you the poison is leaving your body and out of that you find strenght and willpower.
After a while you start to feel 'ok'...if anything is a strange feeling for an addict it is that, after years of feeling super low to super high.
Getting used to feeling ok is a challenge, you have to just push through to make 'ok' feel like normal.
Every good thing comes in a hard package, just like other say, keep pushing and you will be eventually rewarded!
You can do it!

6 months clean from opiates. Life is really starting to look up finally. I've made real sober friends that wont rob and stab you in the back. We go out to eat or to the movies everyweek. Beats a dirty bar anyway...not going to lie I miss partying sometimes but the trouble it causes just isn't worth it at this point of my life. I've been thru some shit man, really glad I made it to 24 sober and i'm looking forward to living a good long life without drug dependence. I have good and bad days but the good are starting to outweigh the bad. Stick with recovery folks it really is worth it in the end. Most of us abused drugs and ruined our lives for years so it will take awhile to get everything back. But it's worth it in the long run..just keep your eyes on the prize.

This is why I love bluelight. The support is amazing. Thank you all for the encouragement. Based on my recovery so far, I must have done a lot of damage to my body. And you're right njirem, as bad as I felt the first three weeks, I knew that each day brought me closer to being clean. That thought kept me going. That's probably why this stall feels so intolerable. It's easy to say "just make it through a month." Lately, I've been trying "Just make it through today," but that leaves me feeling hopeless. Based on what neversickanymore said, I'm going to put that 8-month mark in my brain and shoot for that.

I'm going on vacation with my family--mom, dad, sister, husband--next week. I planned it during the worst of the withdrawals as a way to distract myself and give myself something to look forward to. Now, I just don't want to go. My husband knows my situation and is amazingly supportive, but the rest of my family doesn't. I'm worried about having to act "normal" during a time when I just want to rest and recover. Maybe it will be good for me to be pushed into normal activities.

Thank you!

its a good thing to keep that 8 months in the back of your head, but the right thing now would be to take it on each day by day, like you are, because thinking about being sick for months can cause you to get desperate and unable to see the small steps you are taking.

Try only to focus on today, and not tonight or tomorrow.
Close your eyes from time to time for a couple of minutes and just notice how you feel, what you feel and how it affects you.
Write down your thoughts, and talk about it with yout husband as much as you can.

Just park next week, that is next week, if you do decide to go (or not) you decide then, not today. its irrelevant right now.
You have enough to deal with today.

Take walks, excersise, eat meals, listen to positive music, hang around with kids or animals, take a nap when you need it, organise your days and go to bed early to wake up early and go outside right after breakfast for some daylight/sun/vitamine-d, it will make you feel better.

Sometimes the thought of making it till lunch (making it sober) can feel great, when you actually made it tilllunch and can feel proud about it.
Its about the small things now, bigger things are for the future.

You can do it i am sure!<3

35 days benzo free and 20 days opiate free.

I still have a lot of bad days but I guess I am generally getting better. The past 2 days have shown improvement but 4 days ago I was a complete mess. I had what I guess might be defined as a psychotic break? Full blown visual hallucinations accompanied by a feeling of sheer terror and confusion when I was completely sober and lasted about an hour, I've kicked drugs a lot of times but that is a symptom I have never dealt with before and I hope I never have to deal with it again. I haven't slept more than 3 hours a night in the past 20 days, I think maybe that had something to do with the hallucinations. This kick has been bad enough and scary enough that I have't had any serious thoughts of relapse recently which I guess is a step in the right direction, I couldn't put myself through this struggle again. I've been abusing drugs at an obnoxious level for literally half of my life so honestly I can't complain that much, both opiates and benzos are "pay to play" drugs and it is time for me to pay the piper, there simply isn't a way to abuse these drugs for years on end and get out of it without some pain. I know it still isn't going to be easy but I think I am over the absolute worst of it now. I just want to keep my brain drug free and allow it heal and learn to function sober. I feel like I have spent September setting a solid foundation for my recovery and I plan to drop the booze/alcohol as well during October. I haven't spent a week completely sober (no weed or anything) in the past 10 years but if I have managed to make it through the hell of withdrawing off benzos, tramadol, and suboxone all at the same time I'm sure finally getting off the weed will be relatively simple in comparison.

For anyone else trying to quit don't give up. If I can make it through this hell anyone can.

Today i am sober for 42 days, or 6 weeks.

I have never been sober that long since i was 14....am 28 now.

Gotta be some thruth into 'it really starts at 30'.

Love you all!! fellow quiters rule!

Congratulations, straight razor and njirem! You're doing great, and enthusiasm will help others. Like me. I'm 51 days sober today, but having a very bad PAWS day. thanks for posting your success!

Status
Not open for further replies.