• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) wants to "crack down" on molly

Unfortunately, I've never had the chance to pop a round 'molly' /facepalm

Edit - Hey Poledriver, thought you live in the Outback. Fascinating seeing a newspaper with a Toronto area code. I gotta call that number.

Anyone else sexually attracted to Miley Cyrus, because damn I'd... something something.

Last edited:
Haha, I knew I recognized that paper, it's the Metro! They have some of the dumbest anti-drug stories.

I'm going to post that story in the main board, I figure it deserves a new thread.

Edit - Hey Poledriver, thought you live in the Outback. Fascinating seeing a newspaper with a Toronto area code. I gotta call that number.

lol, the 'outback'...

NSFW:
straya-1.jpg

^ What a tease. And very nice masonry I might add.

If I could feel how that bottle is... nevermind.

So a few days ago, after reading this article, I decided to contact Chuck via his website.

Long story short, I respectfully wrote to the Senator that the war on drugs is a failure, and I cited a lot of profound and disturbing information to support my fairly long message. Most importantly, I told him that "cracking down" on "molly" will actually result in more casualties, more deaths, more damage. And again, I cited some well-placed sources to support my argument. Lastly, I questioned the logic behind dealing with a medical problem (addiction) as if it was an issue of legality. Why deprive a non-violent, illicit drug user of his or her freedom, when ironically if you think about it, freedom (from something) is exactly why the drug user is consuming the drug to begin with (even the feeling is only temporary)?

In any case, I was surprised to find an email, a reply from Mr. Schumer in my inbox:

Dear ************:

Thank you for your letter regarding the War on Drugs. While I support the efforts of law enforcement to prevent access to dangerous drugs, I do believe there is room for improvement of the current laws.

Like you, I want to make sure our drug laws are based on common sense. Our laws should protect our children and our communities from violence and addiction and not make criminals out of suffering Americans.

Throughout my years as an elected official, I have strongly supported other changes to our nation’s drug laws. For instance, in 2010, I supported the Fair Sentencing Act which narrowed the crack and powder cocaine sentencing disparity from 100:1 to 18:1 and eliminated the mandatory minimum sentence for simple possession of crack cocaine. In addition, I have long supported funding for drug courts and substance abuse treatment centers in the hopes that states can use these resources to treat addiction without involving the criminal justice system.

Thank you for contacting me on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can ever be of assistance to you on this, or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer
United States Senator

Please do not respond to this email. To send another message please visit my website at https://www.schumer.senate.gov/Contact/contact_chuck.cfm . Thank you.

Hey now, at least he replied =D

Nice man, even if his secretarys secretary sent it and its a form letter...jk ...its good to see ppl writing letters bc it still does work, and thats proof. The coke and crack thing tho...should be the same for both, freebase or not.

^ I agree, it is fucking crazy and racist there is any difference whatsoever and so transparent. It really says a lot about the criminal justice system in a country when laws are so obviously set in place to keep minorities down. It is very nice to see atleast a more than 5 times improvement but 18 to 1 is still a long way off fair, I sincerely hope that this improvement is not seen as a solution or an excuse not to make things fairer in the long term.

As far as I am aware it is pretty much unprecedented outside of that situation where the same drug would be treated differently based purely on whether it was a salt or freebase.

^Word that's cool he wrote back. When I found out they were moving it from 100:1 to 18:1. I thought what the fuck? That is still very unfair. I've done both and crack isn't any worse. Plus good powder cocaine lends itself quite nicely to IV use which is worse than smoking crack so I mean what the fuck?

I don't think its a race thing its a social class thing. Plenty of poor white trash love crack. Used to be one of them.

Yea me too, id smome scary old crack anyday over having a line of shit coke with levamisole and talc in it.

^ Crack will still have levamisole in it. That's why it's used at all, because it rocks up with the coke when you cook it up

^ Crack will still have levamisole in it. That's why it's used at all, because it rocks up with the coke when you cook it up

The Colombian cartels put a toxic substance in cocaine so that it'll rock up better?

If he chooses to ban all RC's under the impression they will all be sold as molly then I'll be pissed. Leave my psychedelics alone
However I wouldn't mind the ban of methylone (in places where it isn't already scheduled) and all the other extremely shitty more dangerous cathinones.
They will still be available on the black market for those who want them, but hopefully this may cause a resurgence in at least unadulterated MDMA.
Purity and cutting with inert agents can't be controlled, but perhaps this could cause an increase in the amount of MDMA sold that is actually MDMA

The Colombian cartels put a toxic substance in cocaine so that it'll rock up better?

I may be wrong but although cutting does happen at the source, I highly doubt it would be with toxic agents or adulterants with psychoactive effects.
Their product is generally extremely pure, so I don't see why they would want to cut it with something that makes the high shittier/more dangerous, they would likely just use something inert
They would only be worried about making more money by adding weight to their product.

^
13181_2010_60_Fig3_HTML.jpg

Fig. 3
Crack pipe from this patient. Residue in the pipe contained 10% levamisole by weight

Is that how he would have used the crack pipe? Or has it been broken since use? Looks nasty sharp.

Lol wow, ive seen some nasty stems before but that takes the crack. Ive smoked out of glass that kind of looked like that before. Good to know there was ten percent of that shit...ew. now i dont want to smoke rock as much bc im burning cattle dewormer too. Im sure if i was a fiend id say fuck it.

I don't want to see that person's lips.

p.s. do any of you know any good excuses that someone can give his coworkers about why his lips and dominant thumb have burn marks on them? Also people in his church...

Been learning glass blowing with a mate from OS...?

glass-blowing.jpg

I have a few glass blown things that I inherited a while back, kind of like these sorts of things -

glassblowing2.jpg

They look mad.

Some of the ones I have are made by this dude in Oz -

BY1701A1.jpg

Ah you could say you were drunk and burnt yourself lighting a cig? There is a head shop not far from where i live thats repairs and blows their own pieces. Its awesome to watch them work. Id love to learn but fwir, there are health impacts esp on your lungs. The gasses maybe?