• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Sen. Schumer wants drug website shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be closed to new users since that article on gawker, wired etc. Maybe that's what the reopening in July means, although it was still accepting users when I first went in and that message was already up.

Yeah all you will get is the log in page with no option to register. That said it is not the only site running this kind of service, it may be the only one using exclusively bit coin currency but hopefully others will follow their lead.

Thanks, Chuck!

I'm one of his constituents, and never would have discovered the phantasmigorical world of RCs if I hadn't read an article about his attempt to ban bath salts. I now have a new mission.

U.S. Senators Want to Shut Down Bitcoins, Currency of Internet Drug Trade

Two U.S. senators have written an open letter to the United States attorney general, asking federal authorities to crack down on "Silk Road," the Internet black market drug trade, and the digital currency that funds it, Bitcoins.

After reading the report on Silk Road, written by Gawker's Adrian Chen, Democratic Senators Charles Schumer of New York and Joe Manchin of West Virginia wrote a letter to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, Reuters reports. The letter states:

"The only method of payment for these illegal purchases is an untraceable peer-to-peer currency known as Bitcoins. After purchasing Bitcoins through an exchange, a user can create an account on Silk Road and start purchasing illegal drugs from individuals around the world and have them delivered to their homes within days. We urge you to take immediate action and shut down the Silk Road network."

cont at
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2300...bitcoins_currency_of_internet_drug_trade.html

Won't matter.

They'll just turn to Liberty Reserve, Western Union, Moneygram, Gdot, etc etc. The volatility of bitcoin is such that I'd almost prefer it dissolved, rooted out, and done away with.

These assholes should really start spending the time we pay them more wisely. It's like pushing a 2000 kg stone up a hill.

I see this closely mirroring the whole music piracy phenomenon ten years ago. It starts as one common place that anyone can use freely. (Think Napster.) Then it's discovered and condemned by the media and the law, and gets inundated by many more people due to the advertising, both people for and people against its purpose. Soon it shuts down, but then more open up. At this point it becomes a game of being hip enough to know which drug-trading sites are new enough to be under the radar, but old enough to have a group of sellers with established reputations. (Think Audio Galaxy.) That's the tricky part. The way I see this playing out in the end is we'll end up with an internet full of gated communities for buying and selling drugs, each one with its own tortuous set of hoops that need to be jumped through in order to gain membership, and most people not qualified for membership in most. (Think Demonoid.)

You got it man, except for that last part of your post, getting arrested for having used bitcoins or any other of the e-currencies would be like the cops kicking your door in over having u-torrent on your computer. (or Tor).

They have lost the 'war'.

They just won't admit defeat.

I LOVE your Napster comparison though, I never thought of it like that before. You are so right lol :)

Look how far we've come since napster! We'll be printing off bags of JRZY dope off our desk-jets in a matter of months! muahhahahahah!

The first thought when I came across Silk Road was indeed 'we won the war'. There's no stopping it now, everything about the current drug tactics will just keep getting worse until the people become sick of it. Everyone has seen the momentum building up especially in the last year. There will just be more RCs & new drugs and they will be easier to make at home as technology advances and information spreads freely.

For every prohibition there will be a new counter tactic. It can never be won and people WILL get sick of all the pointless deaths, waste of tax money, health and legislation that makes normal people criminals. It's just a matter of when.

thouart
They'll just turn to Liberty Reserve, Western Union, Moneygram, Gdot, etc etc. The volatility of bitcoin is such that I'd almost prefer it dissolved, rooted out, and done away with.

These assholes should really start spending the time we pay them more wisely. It's like pushing a 2000 kg stone up a hill.

I mentioned biticoins as an anonymous way of donating to bluelight. Something untraceable and anonymous might encourage people to donate who normally wouldn't.

Yes our assholes should really start out by not misusing our hard earned money. That the DC area is the only housing market to weather the realestate bomb makes me sick. Because that city is getting rich off a sick nation- the politicos and lobyists are like maggots infesting a serious wound.

The Narcoswine have a finite budget. In an era of attempts to reduce the insane nation debt they want to maintain there game. Hence in an era of budget cuts they are fighting to eat. And were talking about unprecedented profits that encouarage previously un seen level of corruption in countries like the USA, UK, ect... that traditionally have a reputation for respect for the rule of Law. Now the way the game works is that the DTOs are in an unholy alliance with the DEA and other LEOs.

As for the Drug war- there are obstacles- brainwashed self ritcheous sheep around the world and a constant stream of prohibitionist propaganda.

Again- with the NSA's and other agencies advanced cyber capabilities (they successful disrupted AQ fund stream and hacked into online jihadists sites- the can use this technology, the PATRIOT Act to make life difficult for silk road and anologous websites.

Your right- they are losing this war if their objective is to seriously disrupt the supply of drugs or eventaually have a drug free America, World, whatever. The open air markets in Chicago and the Eastern Seaboard are bomming like never before. Drug seeking San diegans cross the border into wide open TJ every day to hook up.

This war is Like Vietnam- they don't care about winning or losing- as long as this war keeps going on and on they all win- LEOs and unscroupolous drug runners alike- big money- huge vested interests. That's our job- raise public conciousness to the great lie that drug prohibition is. Unfortuanately, the way things are, as Hitler said, "the bigger the lie, the more people will believe it."

We all at bluelight are partisans in this world wide struggle against Tyranny, crimes against humanity and lies that the drug war personafies. What we do here underminds their war. We have the truth about drugs on our side- the good, the bad, and the ugly- potent weapons in this resistance movement.

Vive la Resistance!

Last edited:
It's all about money and whoever has vested interest in these wars will fight until their death to keep the wars going.

1. Tell people there is a problem
2. When they start agreeing present your already ready solution
3. Make tons of money on innocent people

It always dawned on me how victims can become criminals. That's what the war on drugs and war on terror is doing. Nothing good except money for those with vested interest.

Seriously, I want my own world. Maybe I'll get reborn in a world opposite to this one, like in Avatar lol.

I hope 100 other parties are working on similar sites intended for the public. It's pretty clear the governments aren't in any hurry to consider drug users as anything but criminals and like someone said here, they have failed to protect the health of their citizens. After 40 years of that mess it's about damn time to force the issue.

Thanks for the heads-up, Schumer! Bet he doubled the website's traffic with his little tantrum. What an epic doosh.

Thanks for the heads-up, Schumer! Bet he doubled the website's traffic with his little tantrum. What an epic doosh.

hahahaha doubled?! I bet bit coins worth has quadrupled since that dumb fuck made them even more public than they already were. Good work Schumer, you just turned on drug-skynet lol GOOD WORK BUDDY! You have no idea what you are fucking with, but damned if you won't a few months from now. Pandora's box is officially open.

I like how he's advertising the shit out of this place in an attempt to take it down.

Ensuring attempts by thousands of formerly ignorant users to gain access, and thus spreading it's tentacles even further.

How dumb do you have to be to be a politician? There must be an IQ limitation. By my guess I'd say anything over 78 disqualifies you.

The same thing happend with spice. I rember hearing on the news about how much the use of blends increased from one year to another after the media started putting out countless reports about it showing you how easy it is to get lol.

Even if this site gets shut down there already has been and will be allot more sites that sell schd 1 drugs.

Well the site was actually made to be completely public, it utilizes security features that protect users and the admin so the whole point was to be a big middle finger lol Only thing the DEA can do is reverse stings but those are prevented somewhat by the rep system. The actual server location is masked by tor and after they actually figure out where it is they'll realize that it's in a country that doesn't cooperate with the US. The website isn't down now. Still running fine.

this is so awesome! Is it exclusive to big cities?

Why do you people keep bumping this? The site's been gone for almost a month now.

Status
Not open for further replies.