• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Selegiline to feel alive and start studying

Sorry I’ve said this many times before but just want to clarify something important. i’m not intending to use selegiline for longevity. rather, I’m looking for the antidepressant and dopamine enhancement effects. apparently, Selegiline doses needed for longevity can be as low as 1 mg per week. at these doses, there is no effect on dopamine or neuro transmission whatsoever, but instead it is thought that antioxidant enzymes are triggered. at the higher doses of between two and 10 mg daily which I intend to use, The breakdown of dopamine and certainly phenylethylamine are strongly inhibited. neuroprotection is still achieved but I’ve read that at such doses Selegiline either loses the longevity promoting effect or maybe even slightly, but in significantly accelerate the aging process. as I’ve said before, dopamine enhancement and the benefits it could bring far outweigh decreased longevity for me.
I was just curious as to where he obtained his. I often took 4-5 drops during a day when I was doing it for acute effects.

Was that the 1mg per drop liquid Deprenyl? That's where I got mine from as well.
It was so long ago but I would've remembered if my first mail order drug was a dropper bottle because I worried about Customs. No they probably were tabs in foil seals, maybe 5 mg.

Unknown to me at the time there was an active drugs by phone scene near San Ysidro with payment by WU. There was no .com domains: only .edu, .mil, and .gov domains.

Last edited:
I was just curious as to where he obtained his. I often took 4-5 drops during a day when I was doing it for acute effects.

No problem.

I knew you understood me, it was more for the sake of newcomers to this thread, who may think I was looking for longevity enhancement.

I’ll answer you here to keep l-deprenyl info in thread about it.

For me it was huge motivation booster, gave me considerable energy, increased my libido, gave me antidepressant effects too, made it quite easy to abstain or lower use of other drugs.

For me effects kicked in even just one pill and increased for some more days (didn’t need to wait a week to feel effects like some do). After about a week I didn’t use it every day but skipped days (as MAO b inhibition stays for some time). Even after I run out completely after a few weeks I had noticeable positive effects for quite some time more.

I don’t recall any bad effects beside I was told I’m a bit more jumpy/aggressive, and even really strong stims don’t do that to me. Might it be from increase of testosterone? But than I think that testosterone increasing aggressive behaviour is pretty debunked? I did feel really energetic and kind of acted like I’m bursting with it, so maybe that was simply misread as aggressiveness as I was such during arguments too.

I really hope to again get this stuff one day. Fluorine version would be nice too. 4-flouro-deprenyl I think.

I’ll answer you here to keep l-deprenyl info in thread about it.

For me it was huge motivation booster, gave me considerable energy, increased my libido, gave me antidepressant effects too, made it quite easy to abstain or lower use of other drugs.

For me effects kicked in even just one pill and increased for some more days (didn’t need to wait a week to feel effects like some do). After about a week I didn’t use it every day but skipped days (as MAO b inhibition stays for some time). Even after I run out completely after a few weeks I had noticeable positive effects for quite some time more.

I don’t recall any bad effects beside I was told I’m a bit more jumpy/aggressive, and even really strong stims don’t do that to me. Might it be from increase of testosterone? But than I think that testosterone increasing aggressive behaviour is pretty debunked? I did feel really energetic and kind of acted like I’m bursting with it, so maybe that was simply misread as aggressiveness as I was such during arguments too.

I really hope to again get this stuff one day. Fluorine version would be nice too. 4-flouro-deprenyl I think.

Thank you so much for this wonderful reply. honestly, you don’t know how much hope you have given me by sharing your extremely positive experience.
Interesting that you made the comparison between selegiline and other stimulants. I think the reason for selegiline’s superiority in maintaining long-term motivation comes from the fact that it raises endogenous Phenylethylamine and background dopamine levels by preventing their breakdown. what really interested me is the fact that naturally Goal orientated hard/Persistent workers apparently have higher than average dopamine levels. such people likely perceive potential reward outcome of a task too a much greater extent than the general population, whilst simultaneously being far less sensitive to the perception of required efforts needed to complete the task. therefore, getting ahead in life through difficult grinding might actually be biologically easier for them. not sure if you read my introductory post at the start of this thread, but basically I explain how I suspect to have lower than average dopamine levels. studying is where I suffer most, just started an apprenticeship and my depression, anxiety, Extreme procrastination and lack of motivation have returned more forcefully than when I was at University. from the way you describe selegiline, I’m hoping it will be A long-term solution to my problems. I know it won’t be a cure, but I’m happy to take it for the rest of my life or at least whilst I’m working.
In regards to testosterone, I doubt selegiline would increase it and your increased aggression/liveliness was likely due to increased dopamine and phenylethylamine. The link between testosterone and aggression is very complex and has been overstated. However, testosterone can actually increase confidence and well-being, which is directly linked to its ability to increase dopamine in the brain.
I wish you the best of luck and hope you can find selegiline If you want to use it again, I pray that I can get some for myself as well.

Thank you so much for this wonderful reply. honestly, you don’t know how much hope you have given me by sharing your extremely positive experience.
Interesting that you made the comparison between selegiline and other stimulants. I think the reason for selegiline’s superiority in maintaining long-term motivation comes from the fact that it raises endogenous Phenylethylamine and background dopamine levels by preventing their breakdown. what really interested me is the fact that naturally Goal orientated hard/Persistent workers apparently have higher than average dopamine levels. such people likely perceive potential reward outcome of a task too a much greater extent than the general population, whilst simultaneously being far less sensitive to the perception of required efforts needed to complete the task. therefore, getting ahead in life through difficult grinding might actually be biologically easier for them. not sure if you read my introductory post at the start of this thread, but basically I explain how I suspect to have lower than average dopamine levels. studying is where I suffer most, just started an apprenticeship and my depression, anxiety, Extreme procrastination and lack of motivation have returned more forcefully than when I was at University. from the way you describe selegiline, I’m hoping it will be A long-term solution to my problems. I know it won’t be a cure, but I’m happy to take it for the rest of my life or at least whilst I’m working.
In regards to testosterone, I doubt selegiline would increase it and your increased aggression/liveliness was likely due to increased dopamine and phenylethylamine. The link between testosterone and aggression is very complex and has been overstated. However, testosterone can actually increase confidence and well-being, which is directly linked to its ability to increase dopamine in the brain.
I wish you the best of luck and hope you can find selegiline If you want to use it again, I pray that I can get some for myself as well.
Yeah, I read it all.

Man what’s even better with seligiline than usual stims is it won’t so much push you toward certain things (like sex, smoking weed, partying etc) but it really helps with what “must be done” stuff. So I’m really, really sure you would get at least some benefits from it, that you look for.

As for cognitive enchantment things go, only thing that touches it ime is ergoloid mesylas (or whatever it’s called in your parts of world). Have in mind I’m maybe getting so much out of named cuz it’s really good at fixing certain damage done by stress, drugs, poisons etc.

What are your thought on flouro-deprenyl?

Yeah, I read it all.

Man what’s even better with seligiline than usual stims is it won’t so much push you toward certain things (like sex, smoking weed, partying etc) but it really helps with what “must be done” stuff. So I’m really, really sure you would get at least some benefits from it, that you look for.

As for cognitive enchantment things go, only thing that touches it ime is ergoloid mesylas (or whatever it’s called in your parts of world). Have in mind I’m maybe getting so much out of named cuz it’s really good at fixing certain damage done by stress, drugs, poisons etc.

Unfortunately, I don’t know much about Fluorodeprenyl, but I think it’s slightly stronger as a dopamine release with amphetamine type affects.
Thanks for your advice and reassurance. Really glad to hear that selegiline has the effect of helping with boring tasks. Assuming you’ve tried modafinil, would you say it is similar to modafinil in that regard or is it better? though I’ve never tried either, I suspect selegiline might be better for me as it predominantly works on motivation/drive which is where I seem to be lacking. for a long time, I believed I had cognitive impairment, but I’ve come to doubt this after realising that my memory/focus were only extremely poor when I wasn’t interested in the task at hand. that’s why I struggled so much studying in the past and still do now. I have to read a study document like 1000 times to get the gist of it, yet I have no problem reading scientific articles of interest to me and remembering everything that was in it. also, I think I find studying more difficult now than ever before, and I suspect repeat traumatisation from the procrastination/stress cycle is behind this. sorry if I sound overdramatic, but it’s the truth and talking to people like you helps me get it off my chest.

Unfortunately, I don’t know much about Fluorodeprenyl, but I think it’s slightly stronger as a dopamine release with amphetamine type affects.
Thanks for your advice and reassurance. Really glad to hear that selegiline has the effect of helping with boring tasks. Assuming you’ve tried modafinil, would you say it is similar to modafinil in that regard or is it better? though I’ve never tried either, I suspect selegiline might be better for me as it predominantly works on motivation/drive which is where I seem to be lacking. for a long time, I believed I had cognitive impairment, but I’ve come to doubt this after realising that my memory/focus were only extremely poor when I wasn’t interested in the task at hand. that’s why I struggled so much studying in the past and still do now. I have to read a study document like 1000 times to get the gist of it, yet I have no problem reading scientific articles of interest to me and remembering everything that was in it. also, I think I find studying more difficult now than ever before, and I suspect repeat traumatisation from the procrastination/stress cycle is behind this. sorry if I sound overdramatic, but it’s the truth and talking to people like you helps me get it off my chest.
Yeah I tried modafinil (only 2 times in a I guess small does, one and two pills) and didn’t feel much at all, if anything. But that might to do with a fact I tried it after a lot of experiences with quite a bit stimulants. Maybe else I would feel it otherwise but I know couple of folks who didn’t really (ab)use stims and didn’t get much beside being awake from modafinil.

And man stop apologising as good talk is as good for you and me as for most of the third ;)

Ask or point to whatever you want :)

Yeah I tried modafinil (only 2 times in a I guess small does, one and two pills) and didn’t feel much at all, if anything. But that might to do with a fact I tried it after a lot of experiences with quite a bit stimulants. Maybe else I would feel it otherwise but I know couple of folks who didn’t really (ab)use stims and didn’t get much beside being awake from modafinil.

And man stop apologising as good talk is as good for you and me as for most of the third ;)

Thanks brother. just one last question before I go and try Studying, which is actually what I was supposed to be doing now. assuming you’ve been to six form college or university, have you been yourself or come across anyone who has been traumatised by Study related anxiety and procrastination?
Thanks in advance. I wish you all the best. interestingly, hearing your experience and the mechanism of action of selegiline, I actually feel a little more motivated to study as that sense of hopelessness has been removed.

assuming you’ve been to six form college or university, have you been yourself or come across anyone who has been traumatised by Study related anxiety and procrastination?
I think more people had been than haven’t. And if you’re not studying something that’s really your passion than it’s very common.

I know you told me not to apologise, but something just crossed my mind. I know you mentioned that Selegiline had an effect on libido. if possible, do you mind expanding on that a little? was it just erectile function or was it sex drive in general that was enhanced? i’m interested in this because of the role of dopamine in sex drive. i’ve heard that whilst dopamine enhances all domains of sexual function, it is more important in the psychological desire for sex. this is apparently why dopamine agonists and even selegiline for treatment of Parkinson’s disease can cause serious hypersexuality.

I know you told me not to apologise, but something just crossed my mind. I know you mentioned that Selegiline had an effect on libido. if possible, do you mind expanding on that a little? was it just erectile function or was it sex drive in general that was enhanced? i’m interested in this because of the role of dopamine in sex drive. i’ve heard that whilst dopamine enhances all domains of sexual function, it is more important in the psychological desire for sex. this is apparently why dopamine agonists and even selegiline for treatment of Parkinson’s disease can cause serious hypersexuality.
At the time I took it my libido was, so to speak, been at least a bit damaged from my lifestyle and with selegeline it bounced of to pretty high levels. It was more psychological than physical effect if that’s what you ask. I generally have high sex drive, well at least used to, even with my lifestyle so maybe it would be even more pronounced in someone whose sex drive is naturally a bit lower.

At the time I took it my libido was, so to speak, been at least a bit damaged from my lifestyle and with selegeline it bounced of to pretty high levels. It was more psychological than physical effect if that’s what you ask. I generally have high sex drive, well at least used to, even with my lifestyle so maybe it would be even more pronounced in someone whose sex drive is naturally a bit lower.

Thanks for that, that’s exactly what I wanted to know.

maybe this is a bit of a strange question but can anyone Who has taken Selegiline at reasonably high doses pinpoint any effect it had on their outlook on life. by that I mean daily emotions, thought patterns and spirituality/religion if applicable. I ask because acute dopamine enhancement by psychostimulants seems to have mixed Results on these parameters. for example, some people on amphetamine tend to overthink things or create abstract philosophical connections and may report greater empathy. others however, Report becoming more self-confident, egotistical unless able to think outside the box with slightly decreased empathy. with nicotine being the closest to a truly dopaminergic stimulant I have ever used, I noticed that it could make me more rational, goal orientated, boosted my self-confidence and reduced rumination on past negative thoughts. counter to what I expected, nicotine increased my sense of nostalgia as well as my spiritual connection to religion but did so in a positive manner.

i’m now thinking of trying selegiline not only for my motivation/procrastination and fatigue issues, but also, for what seems to be new onset atypical winter depression I have never really had before. strangely, last winter and this winter, i’ve been suffering from lower mood and more intense fatigue. admittedly, this winter has been much better than the previous one, but the effects are still noticeable and significant. all this started when I started work after enjoying about two years of free time after finishing education. I assume my depression is not the cause of my procrastination, but rather the reverse. The chronic stress and anxiety caused by my Extreme tendency to procrastinate and the fear of potentially getting in trouble because of it, is sometimes pushing my mood down and making it hard to enjoy anything. hopefully, then, selegiline should deliver A multi pronged attack on my depressive symptoms. firstly, it’s motivation boosting affects via enhancing dopamine and phenylethylamine levels should directly treat the route cause of my distress and help me develop a healthy relationship with Work. likewise, chronically, elevated dopamine and phenylethylamine caused by selegiline should contribute to stress resilience as has been shown in animal studies. furthermore, the same mechanism should stop my mood from dropping too low at any time thus keeping me engaged with what I need to do, whether that be Work or hobbies. i’m also hoping that the stress resilience and mood elevating effects of selegiline along with its fatigue fighting properties should help me put my passion for neuroscience to good use. people have told me to write a neuroscience blog where I can share topics of my interest, but I just could never motivate myself to do it.