• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Seizure at a festival..

I'll have to look into the things you guys mentioned. I am not sure where I would even get any of those at though, I am not seeing a dr and don't have insurance or anything. I'll do some research. Thanks for the suggestions!

WTF it takes about 6L of water to kill a person (I'm not making this up.), but of course it depends on how much you weigh - although I doubt if it depends that much if body fat makes up most of the weight.

Not sure how much dehydrating drugs you are using on a daily basis but you might wanna stop at 3L of water, man.. :\

Anyway I don't think it's wrong at all to warn a person about their behavior.. more of a question is whether it helps to realize and actualize, but at some point it might.. Saying it very softly definitely doesn't help - so both sides to this have a point?

Wasn't really aware of you 'losing control' but I have enough experience with it to say that a person can't keep up boundless behavior and the longer its kept up the longer will be spent to have to recover which can mess with your life.

Benzo habit is terrible, I've been there and I'm happy that I got off it but it had to be done in a clinical setting. Am actually on pregabalin now, but not suring taper or anything, it came later. I really wish I never started taking benzos as self-medication, should have gone to a shrink with my problems and get a script if necessary, but with the supervision which is annoying but the control/supervision is just too important with this kind of stuff ( 'recreational' abuse is even more of a terrible idea since it is not worth the boring high to fuck up your life with it..) Anyway, better not beat this horse to death - sounds like you are open to looking into quitting..

There's other anti-convulsants that may allow you to withdraw from benzo's though? Also steady taper is essential and should really limit chances of seizures etc.

What I'm get from this is that you really need to address your benzo problems. I was unlucky enough to live through first the topix thing (buying xanax and valium by the 1000s real cheap and easy), and then the UK rc benzo craze. I was on about 40mg etizolam a day at one point. 2 days off when I couldn't afford them and I was seizing like a motherfucker. It's hard, HARD work to get off benzos, but there's few better things you can do for yourself.

I'm curious how you addressed yours? :) Not that we should all come down hard on each other for being (or having been) dependent, if it starts to seem like that - but just like your "what I'm getting from this" indicates as well, I just think it's salient.

6L of water to kill a person? I don't really know about that. I regularly drink that much water throughout the day. Feels better than when I don't. My doctor even told me I should drink about that much on a daily basis, if I'm going to continue to drink tea/coffee (diuretics).

Yeah, I'd really like to not be dependent on benzos if that's not clear. I am just forced to focus mostly on working hard enough to keep shelter and food happening so I am doing my best to slow down on the alcohol and etiz, but I have to keep a certain level throughout the day to get shit done. I am not too keen on talking to any doctors about any of this. I'd much rather deal with my own problems, doctors have only ever made things worse for me and I have yet to meet a doctor that is more competent than myself when it comes to knowledge of health. I can only afford hacks apparently, my knowledge is basic so it scares me a bit that I so frequently encounter doctors that are so very fucking ignorant.

The most likely treatment seems a slow taper. Ugh. Not looking forward to feeling like shit for another couple years. Things need doing, dammit! I have goals!

Also, can we move this to OD or TDS or something? This thread has basically nothing to do with psychs at this point so I don't want to bum out all the trippers with this shit. Sorry for posting it here, I was pretty spun at the time and PD feels like home more than any of the other subforums, but this isn't really a psychedelic issue.

edit: I'm so thirsty I'm literally about to drink 2L of water right down the hatch and another L in an hour or so. I don't know how one could possibly live on 3L a day and be healthy. I'm really active and consume a lot of diuretics though, so I suppose my needs may be different than others.

another edit: Solipsis if you are trying to calculate water for body weight, I weigh 130 lbs on a bloated day. I'm pretty much just skin and bone. I can't imagine how 6L of water through the day could kill a person! I'm not doubting that happened to someone, but it seems like a healthy amount to me. Weird.

POST POST EDIT: clearly intoxicated if I have to edit this many times. Whatever. Sol, were you referring to me when you were talking about boundless behavior? I know what you mean. I'm just not too sure what to do about it. As you said, the longer it goes on, the longer it takes to recover. Well, I've been living life out of bounds since I was a wee one. So I'm not sure if there's a point where I could be happy being totally sober. At this point I'm looking at damage control. Obviously being high as fuck on a daily basis is not healthy behavior but it's been my norm for so long that I cannot function without my various fixes. I am freelance employed so a lack of motivation literally means a lack of food and housing within a month or so. Gotta keep pushing forward I suppose, onto wherever this incarnation takes me. I seem to be making everyone else really happy along my way, so that's a plus. I'm starting to face the stark realization that I can't keep giving endlessly though, I need to refill my Qi one way or another or I'm going to burn up completely. Noooooot really sure how to make that happen though. I shake so bad I can't even do yoga at this point. Aerobic exercise is great and all but not being able to come to stillness worries me.

Also I'm ok with being called out for getting too schwilly. No hard feelings here psy. Surely I do need to get my shit together, but tbh I'm already well aware of that and your post didn't do much to help, if that was your intention. I have a voice inside my head that tells me every day to get my shit together, it's just not quite that easy when the chaos of real life sets in after breakfast.

Last edited:
The 6L thing is for if it's drunk quite quickly all at once, indeed it can kill you because it throws off your electrolyte balance so drastically (I think that's why). Over the course of a day, steadily drinking water, especially if you're eliminating a lot of water through sweat, urine, etc, and it's a different story.

I also drink a lot of water, not as much as you I don't think, but I always have a glass of water nearby, and sometimes I'll slam a good 16 ounces in a few seconds.

I'm curious how you addressed yours? :) Not that we should all come down hard on each other for being (or having been) dependent, if it starts to seem like that - but just like your "what I'm getting from this" indicates as well, I just think it's salient.
Fair enough, salient was not my intent. All I know is that coming off benzos was the most horrible experience perhaps of my life. My mum died last year and it was horrendous, but coming off the benzos hurt worse than that.

Most drugs I'll go softly softly on people, because noone starts out meaning to get themselves into trouble. Benzos though are the work of the devil, so I think a kick up the arse is necessary. It may sting to read, but if it gets through then it was worth it. Every day on benzos will just make things even worse.

Fair enough, salient was not my intent. All I know is that coming off benzos was the most horrible experience perhaps of my life. My mum died last year and it was horrendous, but coming off the benzos hurt worse than that.

Most drugs I'll go softly softly on people, because noone starts out meaning to get themselves into trouble. Benzos though are the work of the devil, so I think a kick up the arse is necessary. It may sting to read, but if it gets through then it was worth it. Every day on benzos will just make things even worse.
Forgot to add, I got off them going through a very slow painful taper (two years), and then another two years of daily panic attacks after that. Every single day was a slog. The good news is that four years after that and I'm almost completely back to my old self. There's light at the end of the tunnel, but it's a long tunnel.

Forgot to add, I got off them going through a very slow painful taper (two years), and then another two years of daily panic attacks after that. Every single day was a slog. The good news is that four years after that and I'm almost completely back to my old self. There's light at the end of the tunnel, but it's a long tunnel.

Oh my god. Just kill me now. I can't deal with another 2 years of daily panic attacks. Ughhh. *banging head against the wall*

Btw Muzda I didn't feel like you kicked me in the ass. I agree that addressing the benzos is the next step in feeling better. :) Having a hell of a time though. Adding on top of that the fact that my cognition and focus is horseshit ever since the seizure; I've been having a hard time not just freaking out all day. Just trying to remind myself that it will eventually pass, even if it takes years :/ I guess on the plus side, my years go by like days lately, so I suppose it'll be over before I know it.

My son has his first seizure on 2010 after staying up all night camping in 15 degree weather, smoking pot and taking mushrooms. His 2nd seizure was in college after again taking some type of hallucinogenic. Multiple MRI, cat scan and eegs later he was diagnosed with Epilepsy. He stopped tripping and was seizure free for 4 years. Last week he tried to experiment with a small amount of chocolate mushrooms and went into a seizure that would not stop. This is the only real scenario where death is a possibility, so the hospital put him into a coma for 24hrs (flat line brain activity, breathing tube, heavy drugs etc). No joke he almost died. Waking up for him also included waking up for him spiritually. I believe it is a combination of the seizure meds, mushrooms, near death experience, and a whole lot of love from his family, friends and work (Intense Emotions) that has brought him to this new enlightened place.
Now he realizes the damage and carnage brought on by LSD and will need seizure meds for the rest of his life and a constant worry that at any time he could lose consciousness and possibly die.
I am currently searching if anyone knows anyone who has had a similar experience. Specifically Epilepsy. Any help is appreciated!!!!

I don't have any information to help you but I am so thankful that your son made it. That must have been terrifying for you.

Oh my god. Just kill me now. I can't deal with another 2 years of daily panic attacks. Ughhh. *banging head against the wall*

Btw Muzda I didn't feel like you kicked me in the ass. I agree that addressing the benzos is the next step in feeling better. :) Having a hell of a time though. Adding on top of that the fact that my cognition and focus is horseshit ever since the seizure; I've been having a hard time not just freaking out all day. Just trying to remind myself that it will eventually pass, even if it takes years :/ I guess on the plus side, my years go by like days lately, so I suppose it'll be over before I know it.
I only mentioned the panic attacks in the interests of truth. Don't worry, that might not happen to you. Plus, a few things have to be born in mind. 1. I had no self respect for myself back then, 10mg xanax and 100mg valium in a day was not an uncommon dose. 2. Yes I went through panic attack hell, but I still lived a useful life. I always worked hard through it all, and there were still laughs and good times. Just anxiety and panic attacks peppered in between. 3. My life at that point was the cause of a lot of the anxiety anyway.

I just wanted to hammer the point home that stopping as soon as poss is the best thing you can do for yourself in the long run. Everyone is different, you may have a much easier time than I did. :)

I am currently searching if anyone knows anyone who has had a similar experience. Specifically Epilepsy. Any help is appreciated!!!!

I have had +600 epileptic seizures since i was 16 now. Some of the seizures have been under the influence of LSD, 1 time with shrooms. The seizures under the influence of drugs, were in a time with alot of strees, long working days and a bad relationship. Feel free to ask me about anything about living with epilepsy, and some of the epileptika's i have been using in +8 years.