View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Seeking help on a problem that has come into my life after taking LSD

Baylend

Greenlighter
Alright guys, I will start by first stating that this is my first time posting on bluelight. A little about my history with the website, I usually will search bluelight any time I get a new drug, or what to read about a drug that I want to try/ have already tried. I always get awesome information from bluelight, and truly enjoy the vibe that i get from most threads. Its not always a bunch of people shit talking eachother or trolling like most other controversial/drug related forums. Mostly referring to 4chan/reddit type forums. Anyway, I am trying to say I like this site, and because of that I feel inclined to post here.

And The reason I am posting in the Phycadelic section is because what has been happening to me all started when I took a high dose of acid. May not be high to some people, but it was the most I had every taken. I apologize if this is not the correct forum for my question

OKAY, lets get to it. Fuck it im going to tell you guys everything about my psychedelic history. I first tried acid when I was living in san angelo, Tx. Though after taking acid a multitude of time since, I believe it was a test chemical or something. It tasted really "chemically" and it made my mouth pretty numb. Unlike acid I have taken fore recently it was basically tasteless and no numbness at all. SO I met this guy named bill he was a co worker. And we were just chatting it up, I was the new guy and it was my first time spending time alone with the guy, we were pulling meat from the smoker. (I worked at a BBQ restaurant in Arkansas) and he asked what my dream was in life. So I told him what it was, and in a way still is. I wold him that my ultimate dream in life was to buy a school bus, and drive it around dropping acid and picking up hitchikers and getting into various adventures. All inspired by a documentary I watched on the grateful dead. In short this made us pretty good friends from the start.

Fast forward over the next year. I am buying a good amount of acid from this guy on a regular basis, I moved to a different job in town But we remained friends. Funny story, one day I was at my new job and I went down to the kitchen,(My next job was a restaurant at a university.) AND MY BOY BILL WAS IN THE KITCHEN, him and another co worker were both now employed for the same company as me working in the same building.

Okay im sorry I keep getting side tracked. Im going to get to my actual question now. One time I bought a bunch of acid from bill, more than I every had before, and I told him I hadn't really been tripping as hard as I wanted to lately, and I really wanted a "Spiritual" experience, witch I thought would come from alot of hits. So what he said it was , 1 of the papers was a hit of concentrate,(honestly no idea what that means) and the other strip he said was like maybe 4 or 5 hits he didnt know. But he said if you eat all this you will have a crazy ride.

So I ate it all, And the beginning was crazy I was seeing insane calydescope type patters and grids around things, at one point the entire ground under me was fading in and out of a hollywood movie wormhole type pattern. It was fucking crazy. I was smoking a cigarette and I was in flanel pants and it was hot outside. So I was pretty hot. Toward the end of the cigaret things started felling "not right" My vision started to tunnel, and my hearing started to go, peoples voices weren't really registering I was just focused on this crazy feeling, I started to panic and thought I was going to Pass out. the only other time I had this feeling, I was eating really spicy taco up in the mountains of colorado, and started getting the same basic weird feeling. And it passed, but every time I would take a bite of taco it would come back for like 30 seconds. So I Looked at my buddy and said, "ill be alright" and ran inside. I guess my facial expression was weird. I stripped down when I got upstairs cause i was feeling really hot. And I grabbed a bottle of water and started to chug it. I sprawled out on my bed having hot flashed and fading in and out of this feeling. I spent the rest of the trip in bed basically having what I thought was a BAD trip. Cause id only had really uplifting and amazing trips up to this point. So after that I thought it was a bad trip and stopped doing phycadlics for about 4 months

Fast forward to last weekend. Which was about four months from that trip. My buddy at my new job. said he got some mushrooms from an online site and they were called "penis envy" Ive never done shrooms but always wanted to. So he is a nice dude and a bit older than me, and one day i came to work and he called me into a room and threw a bag of shrooms on the table. I took them and said Ill have money for you later this week. He tried to say dont pay me, but I ended up forcing 10 dollars on him later in the week.

So its that weekend, and its time to trip. I decided to do it alone in my apartment, cause I had tripped acid alot alone and usually had no issues. Total I ate Three stems and one cap of the mushrooms, they were probably 3/4 inches long each, that was the whole bag. and just sat and waited. I started to get that sketchy "I think im going to pass out, I cant breathe im gonna die" feeling like an hour into it. FUCK I kept thinking, Why didnt I learn the first time with this shit! I was thinking about the insane acid trip where I swore if I survived i wouldnt trip anymore. I was pacing around my apartment thinking. "im gonna die" "I need to get out of this" "I need to make myself throw up" "I need to drink some milk" lolol. Basically was in that same thought loop for 2 hours or so untill the shrooms were so intense I just let myself go to the trip, and it actually ended up being pretty enjoyable at that point. but It was that same feeling I got when I was trippin on all those hits that I was feeling in the beginning of the trip.

Fast forward to like 2 days ago. I was hitting everyone up I knew for something to get me fucked up cause im dumb and bored. And the only guy that got back to me said that he had fentanyl patches 50mcg/h i believe is what they were. He told me to cut the patch in half and only do half, because I have absoloulty no opioate tolerance. I put the patch on before bed. and didn't get much sleep, and woke up the next morning feeling fine. So I went to work and I was on like my 3rd or so cigaret of the day and Right towards the end of the cigaret, THAT SAME FUCKING FEELING STARTS TO HAPPEN. So i act like I have to go to the bathroom and I run in the building. I basically felt like I couldn't breathe/catch my breath. the same thing, I thought I was going to pass out. And I spent the rest of the day freaking out and every 15 minutes or so feeling a wave of that same feeling.

Please anybody just tell me what you think. Maybe someone has gone through a similar feeling. Please anyone just help

and im sorry that was so long you probably didnt even read it.

So I went to work and I was on like my 3rd or so cigaret of the day and Right towards the end of the cigaret, THAT SAME FUCKING FEELING STARTS TO HAPPEN. So i act like I have to go to the bathroom and I run in the building. I basically felt like I couldn't breathe/catch my breath. the same thing, I thought I was going to pass out. And I spent the rest of the day freaking out and every 15 minutes or so feeling a wave of that same feeling.

That's a typical panic attack. I used to get those when I was in my early 20s and at one point I got those feelings of difficulty breathing almost every day. I felt that I had to constantly pay conscious attention on my breathing or I would suffocate. If you drink a lot of coffee or energy drinks, try to cut down on your caffeine intake because that's one thing that can make those feelings worse. SSRI medications like citalopram can help, too. It's best to avoid psychedelics until you find some way to control that anxiety.

Thank you

That's a typical panic attack. I used to get those when I was in my early 20s and at one point I got those feelings of difficulty breathing almost every day. I felt that I had to constantly pay conscious attention on my breathing or I would suffocate. If you drink a lot of coffee or energy drinks, try to cut down on your caffeine intake because that's one thing that can make those feelings worse. SSRI medications like citalopram can help, too. It's best to avoid psychedelics until you find some way to control that anxiety.

Yeah dude I feel like I have to consciously take really deep breaths to be stay conscious. I am 22, and I have always suffer from general social anxiety. I am a really outgoing and forward person. But that anxiety is always lurking in the back of my head. I drink shit tons of coffee, and energy drinks, and smoke ciggs and have the typical diet of a poor kid my age. So i am going to try and cut back on the coffee I appreciate it. I used to always write it off as the drugs when it would happen during a trip. But i was feeling pretty normal when it happened this most recent time. Its kind of scary to be honest.

Thank you for the reply. I was suspecting panic attacks but didnt want to just jump to my first conclusion.

ALSO I FORGOT TO MENTION I HAVE BEEN TAKING 300mg 5HTP DAILY SINCE THE SHROOM TRIP

Why take 5-HTP? It's not really all that good for much..

Sorry that (if) you've been having what sounds like panic or anxiety attacks. Look up some symptoms and try to figure out if it's a good enough match with what you experience. Caffeine and smoking are definitely things that make it worse, not only cutting back on the caffeine (yeah less coffee but energy drinks are probably worse - a lot of added sugar and higher caffeine content) but also trying to plan you cigarettes around when you notice you are feeling anxious. Perhaps you smoke right when you are feeling anxious like plenty of people do, a cigarette will give you extra ups and downs and can probably add to some vertigo.

It's not uncommon at all to get particularly anxious coming up on mushrooms and on a higher dose of any full-spectrum psychedelic like acid. The mouth numbing acid you took is probably NBOMe. Although we cannot conclusively ID substances on the forum, numbness seems to be a typical effect of NBOMe compounds that are sold as acid. And yes it has a chemical taste that LSD doesn't have. There are other psychedelics that fit on blotter that have a very bitter / chemical taste but they don't really numb the mouth.

Please don't take fentanyl, even for opiate addicts it's not a good idea. For someone opioid naieve like yourself it's even worse of an idea as it can be pretty dangerous.

Why take 5-HTP? It's not really all that good for much..

Sorry that (if) you've been having what sounds like panic or anxiety attacks. Look up some symptoms and try to figure out if it's a good enough match with what you experience. Caffeine and smoking are definitely things that make it worse, not only cutting back on the caffeine (yeah less coffee but energy drinks are probably worse - a lot of added sugar and higher caffeine content) but also trying to plan you cigarettes around when you notice you are feeling anxious. Perhaps you smoke right when you are feeling anxious like plenty of people do, a cigarette will give you extra ups and downs and can probably add to some vertigo.

It's not uncommon at all to get particularly anxious coming up on mushrooms and on a higher dose of any full-spectrum psychedelic like acid. The mouth numbing acid you took is probably NBOMe. Although we cannot conclusively ID substances on the forum, numbness seems to be a typical effect of NBOMe compounds that are sold as acid. And yes it has a chemical taste that LSD doesn't have. There are other psychedelics that fit on blotter that have a very bitter / chemical taste but they don't really numb the mouth.

Please don't take fentanyl, even for opiate addicts it's not a good idea. For someone opioid naieve like yourself it's even worse of an idea as it can be pretty dangerous.

I started taking the 5htp because after my mushroom trip I was feeling really shitty and "hungover" type feelings and I thought that might help. Plus Ive always struggled with anxiety. I thought maybe that could help too. basically the reason that I even try different drugs, besides the fact that they are fun. Ive always been try to self medicate for my anxiety. Ive always felt that one day I would find a drug that did away with my anxiety. or just made me feed normal. I have a Giant case of ADHD. so my mind is always going at 1000 mph so im constantly worrying about things and being anxious. so Im trying to self medicate that way. And at this point to no avail. AND FUCK THAT FENTANYL. I ripped the patch off as fast as I could when I started feeling weird. I could just tell there was something going on in my body. Never want to be near it again lol

a 25 mcg/hr fent patch (half of a 50 that you put on). says on the wrapper that it can kill you if you have no opioid tolerance. when the drug companies are telling you it will kill you you know it actually will.

So many things going on in this story
1. Please remember to be fully informed and test your substances, know what they are then
2. titrate up. to find your own sweet spot take smaller than suggested amounts
3. your first acid trips were NBOME trips or DOC type drugs judging from the bad taste and numbing in your mouth.
4. opiates like fentanyl suppress your ability to breathe and will stop your breathing entirely if you are exposed to too much. (you die)
5. your experiences accumulate so when you do get stoned again - all those past feelings are very close and can fully return if you are open.

So many things going on in this story
1. Please remember to be fully informed and test your substances, know what they are then
2. titrate up. to find your own sweet spot take smaller than suggested amounts
3. your first acid trips were NBOME trips or DOC type drugs judging from the bad taste and numbing in your mouth.
4. opiates like fentanyl suppress your ability to breathe and will stop your breathing entirely if you are exposed to too much. (you die)
5. your experiences accumulate so when you do get stoned again - all those past feelings are very close and can fully return if you are open.

Yeah I feel really stupid taking that fentanyl patch. Its just hard for me to throw away something I paid for. I read online and on bluelight about it before I put the patch on and everyone online says please stay away from that shit. I should have listened, but again I had just payed for it so I didnt want to throw it right away. This past week of my life has just been a combonation of an insane mushroom trip. some xanax and then that patch, And I think all of that just fucked my brain chemistry all up. Tied into the fact that Ive had bouts of pretty mild depression and anxiety. Ive just been trying to find something to fix my anxiety and whatnot. So i guess thats why i keep trying these..

I really appreciate you and everyone else that has given me advice. I love the community of this board

try to go swimming or work out, or roller blading or biking,
too many substances and echoes of experiences are binding you to the depressed states.
give yourself a break
treat your body to some positive experiences.
avoid challenging your mind with more mental load.

Thanks man, I actually recent cause a crazy case of mold on my running shoes no idea how. I guess I left them in my hot car underneath a wet towel or something idk. So Ive got to get me some shoes first. But noted thanks man positive vibes are what im going for :)

Just give it a little time, taking it easy. The body and mind are very resilient but it's important to give it a break when you feel like you have to. As long as you don't, none of that resilience has a chance to prove itself.

Understandable that you don't want to waste something you paid for, but to be honest, staying alive should always be the number 1 priority. But it happens, things going a bit out of control especially after an impactful trip. Just learn from it and if you feel cravings, arrange drugs that are not too unsafe.

It's a good thing to flush stuff if your situation is not okay for some reason. It's not silly, it's a good reaction if you realize you may be making a mistake... to protect yourself. Cause yeah it's tough to keep resisting it when it's burning a hole in your pocket.

It's all dose. Do less, have fun! Look into the legal RC, 4-HO-MET. Always approach your tolerance gradually. In this case, 5mg is a good, safe place to start.

You got a lot of good advice already, so I won't re-live history, but a quick thing; Do yourself a favor and avoid Fentanyl at all costs. For that matter, avoid opiates if you can. That is a road that will take you to places no one wants to go. And if you happen to get addicted to a drug like Fent, I can promise you you will have your life turned upside-down. WDs and PAWS from Fentanyl are absolutely life-altering, and I can say that having WD from Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Morphine and Dilaudid, over the course of years. Fentanyl was, by far and away, the biggest nightmare of them all. So, anyway, also research the shit out of anything you want to do and buy some test kits as well. You never know what you are getting on paper these days...

Thank you for your advice. And I learned my lesson twice now in life with opiates. First was back when I was a little younger I had a steady hydro connect. and I stayed high for like 3 days , and spend the next three day puking my guts out and feeling like shit. Litterally didnt touch another opiate untill this fent. and that was atleast 2 years ago. Im really lucky to only get slight side effects from that shit. It could have been alot worse.

Thank you everyone for participating in this post. I will heed and try my best to follow your advices. Peace

There's a difference between acid and shrooms. A high dose of acid can, as you've discovered, get freaky intense. But a lower dose of acid is usually all fun and games.

But shrooms - I always used to get a freaky 'aaaaaahhhh shit why did I get on this rollercoaster AGAIN' phase at the beginning of mushroom trips. I've learnt since that with mushrooms at least, that's just part of the experience, so now I just ride it out for a while till it all becomes fun. Actually I get the same thing with mdma too.