• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Seeing red "shooting stars" on the sides of my vision the morning after psychedelics

As a follow up, I've continued using kanna since the red dots, including that very day, and cannabis as well, and the effect has not appeared again.

So strange......

then lucky you.. im stuck with a couple.. a bet at random times if you pay attention you will find those little buggers again

Relax guys, theyre called eye floaters. Every one has them, its very ordinary. Its just that they are easily noticed after psychs. Nothing to worry about. :)

Relax guys, theyre called eye floaters. Every one has them, its very ordinary. Its just that they are easily noticed after psychs. Nothing to worry about. :)

Are you sure though? Do floaters look like fireworks? These things I see look like they're lit up, like 100 flares shot in random directions...

there different for everyone i suppose, mines always black dots they love to play tricks on me and darrt around, i find them to be pretty entertaining to me makes things more interesting. overall i dont mind them other than the fact i think there bugs at times and im just like naa just hppd kickin in lol, then im just like what if its a actual insect crawling on my wall and sometimes ill get up and investigate the situation haha.

im constantly smoking high grade buds and it just intensifies my hppd symtoms like i constantly dosed a light dose of 2c compunds visually all the time but its not a problem for me i wouldnt have it any other way.

i have consumed large amounts of 2ce 2ci way to much mdma, IME i can say my hppd did get worse after my heavy usage with these compounds more so than with psilocybin or lsd. the 2ce/i visual effects seem to always last alot longer days even after the experiences compared to lsd or psilocybin.

i know its always different for others but this is just from my own experiences. Also i DO NOT recommend searching for hppd like symtoms you can quickly realise its annoying and you dont want to be like that all the time. then again some people never get them to the point where its noticable.

take it easy everyone

Last edited:

Its not floaters, I know the difference between an eye floater and streaks of blackish blue orbs that come out of no where, dance around, then go away. ;)

I know a lot of people chalk posts like mine above up to "the guy is looking for defects in his vision and freaking himself out" but I assure you, what happens to me isn't eye floaters.

Don't even get me started on street lights, head lights, cigarettes...at first those tracers were cool but they got old after awhile. Yes they were there to some extent before my drug use, but shrooms and LSD brought them out a lot more. DXM caused other issues too.

Also, like so many people in this thread have already said if you space our your trips, your use of cannabis/other drugs, and live at least a bit of a healthy lifestyle they aren't AS bad and I'm sure stop all together for some people.

One last interesting thing of note; it doesn't have to be a PD to mess with your vision. I did opiates for years and I can tell a difference in my sight when I'm on them which I'm sure is mainly to do with pupil constriction. Basically when I'm on oxycodone everything has a "fog" about it.

HPPD seems to be a very common occurence with 2C-E.

Hallucinations occuring when smoking the weed a day after trip =/= HPPD ;) HPPD is when these hallucinations persist chronically and don't seem to go away. Although what you said may still ring true this topic isn't really discussing HPPD.

I got these but blue pretty much all my life at random times, mostly related to sudden changes in blood pressure, and I've had them while smoking weed too. I've also had much more encompassing visuals with weed and other cannabinoids, regardless of psychedelic use (including before I'd ever tried psychedelics) so I don't think this is that unusual :)

The red dot day-after-psychs thing that I see is almost the IDENTICAL looking squiggly/swirling things, except they are EXTREMELY defined and IMPOSSIBLE to ignore, and they are red. If I look around the room while it's happening, it doesn't seem to effect the red dots at all, they just do their thing in my peripheral vision for a while, then disappear. Doesn't matter what I'm looking at.

Ah. These are identical to what I see (shooting squiggles or fireworks are apt descriptions), though to reiterate, mine are silver to iridescent, not red. These are not like visual snow or floaters (which I've always gotten when sober to). They've never been associated with drug use for me (in fact, they've literally never happened the day after tripping).

As Jesusgreen suggests, the most reliable way for me to induce these is to lay or recline for 45 minutes and then start running and/or jumping vigorously.

ebola

I've just had this happen to me the shooting stars in my peripheral vision, it's the combination of red Bali Kratom and cannabis. I took 3 caps of the kratom noonish and the cannabis at 11pm, I was happy to find this thread, it's my first visual hallucination. I've tried shrooms before but all they did was make me nauseous and high, but never visuals.

i get little sparkler dots that can move but mostly don't - any shift in state of mind might do it, weed or lysergic does it.