• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sedatives

Everthing i have mentioned is a concern but I am also
taking precaution as i don't want another addiction up my sleeve.

I shall review my Zopiclone over the next 48 hours!

Although some of the antihistamines of can cause slight euphoria for a certain fraction of the population, there is also not a basis for physical habituation.

Two other effective antihistamines for insomnia without the risk of causing depression are clemastine (Tavist) which is milder than Benadryl, and orphenadrine (Norflex, Disipal) which is a Benadryl derivative used for muscle spasms and as part of a set of Parkinson's medications -- especially the latter has a chance of not causing drowsiness at all, which actually is most common in the elderly.

There are herbal preparations also, basically chamomile, valerian, tryptophan, kava, melatonin, and mixtures thereof.

Use a couple you'll sleep great take the whole bottle and you'll hallucinate I hallucinated there were small animals on my bed that I hada take care of

It was actually the Duragesic patches that did that to me -- in a few hours everything looked darker and grainy, which could be the pinpoint pupils, then I heard strange noises, then lots of marsupials arrived and started talking in a mixture of German, Russian, and AAVE . . . it hits too many receptors too hard -- I was glad to be put on both tablets and shootable Dilaudid after that.

If you are truly just looking for a better night's sleep than I wouldn't really recommend either of these. For that matter, I wouldn't recommend Benzodiazepines or Z-Drugs of any kind. They will work well in the short term, but if you depend on them for sleep, I feel you are just digging a deeper hole. You should save these drugs for nights when sleep is a very important factor in functioning the following day.

Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a Gabapentinoid drug and like great Cannabis, it seems to be an effective panacea for all kinds of shit. In this context or rather episode of

"Kousin Keif's Kooky Koma Korner"

...we will be hilighting both the acute and chronic effects of Pregabalin (and what I assume includes) Gabapentinoids in general upon sleep. For fans of brevity, the effects are beneficial, for those who prefer long, rambling posts which include anecdotes from my childhood then please read on. Please be aware, I've already been in the shower for the past 3 hours contemplating missed opportunities with my father, so my hands might be a little clammy and my computer fairly damp.

Anyhow, here is the first pertinent article that I've found for you to chew on:

The article is clearly dedicated to patients who were at the time struggling with Fibromyalgia, an idiopathic condition that consists of transient pain all over the body. It is not uncommon for folks with this condition to also report conditions like Restless Legs Syndrome. Long-story short, these people have a hard time getting to sleep and we have a study here which indicates Pregabalin does not only produce sleep as a result of its own sedation or treatment of a patient's specific condition, it seems to improve sleep quality in general.

Empirically, I can say that for myself, Pregabalin and Gabapentin (Neurontin) not only make it easier to fall asleep, they make said sleep a more efficient and rejuvenating one. I typically require 9 hours of sleep to call myself "fully rested" (ready to get out of bed on my own accord). When I take Pregabalin, I find that 6 hours or even less is enough for me to not only be fully-rested, but I'll get up after 6 hours regardless of my schedule for that day.

Normally, I would expect this to be an odd side-effect, but study after study seem to indicate that the majority of patients who use Pregabalin experience consistent and well-documented instances of improved time-to-sleep-induction as well as improved quality of sleep. These drugs are addictive and can produce a severe withdrawal syndrome, but you can avoid this by maintaining a steady dose without rapid escalation or change and by taking breaks every so often. If you're curious about the effects of Gabapentinoids on sleep, here we have another article which seems to indicate the same.

It wasn't my first choice for a reason. There's not a lot here to decode aside from the fact that sufferers of Generalized Anxiety Disorder noticed a marked improvement in sleep quality and to that effect, daytime sleepiness. I don't understand why I have included a screenshot of this very conversation within itself. I'm not trying to do an M.C. Escher type deal, I just am not knowledgeable with the software :(

Attachments

• 1569507992561.png
    1569507992561.png
    178.9 KB · Views: 1
Sedatives: Herbal and Old School Insomnia Cures

To recapitulate, we are looking for a drug which will help dissolve insomnia without causing residual effects which turn into depression, and habit-formation is also a concern. A lot of things can help, and with respect to pharmacology, there are some places to start looking, which is why I point out the definitions:

Tranquillisers and anxiolytics can do their work without making the person sleep. Sedatives generally cause drowsiness and quiescence greater in degree than tranquillisers, but not necessarily sleep. Hypnotics put people to sleep. Other related definitions are (general) anesthetics, a drug or drugs which cause unconsciousness and insensibility, an analgesic is a drug which relieves pain without causing a loss of consciousness, and a narcotic analgesic is an analgesic which does its work in the central nervous system and often sedates, promotes sleep, and almost invariably causes anxiolysis (the dissolution of anxiety) An opioid narcotises the patient and does so by means of agonism and antagonism of mainly a set of four known receptor types and their subtypes (ζ, κ, μ, and δ opioid) of the central and peripheral nervous system (brain, spinal cord, GI tract and other tissues innervated with somatic neurons) Much of the differences amongst opioids and narcotics are caused by the relative and absolute numbers of receptors occupied and what is done to them, as well as receptors of other systems like up to a dozen suspected unconfirmed opioid receptors, opioid-like, σ, NMDA, nociceptin, PCP, cannabinoid, 5HT, cholinergic (muscarinic, nicotinic), histamine and many others.

As far as drugs which can help with insomnia, I know there are a lot. Zopiclone, lorazepam were on offer to the OP when she wrote to us. She also tried several others as well, listed in previous posts.

Here's most of the rest of which I can think, and I have detailed expositions of benzodiazepines, anticholinergics, and antihistamines in other threads . . .

Insomnia can be caused by tension and pain. Not surprisingly, skeletal muscle relaxants help. Does anyone use baclofen, cyclobenzaprine, or tizanidine for sleep? I pointed out orphenadrine in an earlier post and carisoprodol below. Methocarbamol is a pale imitation of carisoprodol, which the liver turns into meprobamate and is thus an excellent sleep aid but one which can be habit-forming. There are also smooth-muscle relaxants which work on things like the bladder, the intestines, and the arse. Most are anticholinergics mentioned below.

Baclofen is a weak gabapentinoid. It affects the parts of the CNS, peripheral nervous system, endocrine system and others also affected by benzodiazepines and sodium oxybate (Georgia Home Boy, Grievous Bodily Harm) The prototype of the class is Gabapentin (Neurontin) and a newer agent developed for pain management in particular, pregabalin (Lyrica) make up the most common other members of this class. The category has a number of uses as a psychological medicament and a CNS agent used for helping combat chronic pain of certain types, neuropathic like diabetic neuropathy and mechanical and infectious damage to nerves whether, by itself, or as a potentiator for opioids. Some doctors feel pressure to use especially Neurontin off-label as a means to reduce patient narcotic intake or stave off tolerance-required increases for reasons of concerns the doctor may actually have on clinical grounds, or as a political expedient to mollify management, regulators, patients and/or their family members or others, or put off a patient who wants an adjusted dose. Gabapentin was once the definitive example of a medication being used off label, a common and often ingenious and essential practise, for pain in general and especially nerve pain in this case, something the manufacturer encouraged greatly and doctors and patients and patient advocates researched this with enthusiasm.

Cyclobenzaprine is a first-generation anti-depressant used as a pharmacologically dirty skeletal muscle relaxant -- and it can have very long side effects of the anticholinergic type and drowsiness. Its mechanism of action is related to the prototype tricyclic anti-depressant amitriptyline (Elavil) and orphenadrine, the antihistamine with a cleaner side effect profile than the other two noted for creating slight to moderate, durable mood elevation in many users and modest but definite euphoria in some of those cases, which is used as a muscle relaxant, narcotic potentiator, and for dealing with symptoms of Parkinson's Disease and other disruptions of the neuroendocrine system. Cyclobenzaprine does cause euphoria in some folks of the sedative, tricyclic, and general anticholinergic type, so much so that it has the street name Cyclone and the DEA tells doctors that people are abusing it, an exaggeration or lie. Two other anticholinergics like this are hyoscine (scopolamine) and trihexyphenidyl. The latter, called Octane, and Sexy Trihexy, is used in close to normal doses for insomnia, anxiolysis in situations like combat and the post-war Iraq situation (and in fact may have been discovered by police and military around the world as part of a protocol with weak opiates, beta blockers, and anti-insomnia drugs, which also decreases the effects which can eventually add up and turn into PTSD) The street name Sexy Trihexy comes from the effect, also close to the normal dose, of trihexyphenidyl as an aphrodisiac for men, women, straight, gay, bi, and other members of the human family. The antispasmodic dicycloverine (Bentyl) also has been known to make people euphoric and horny and sleepy, as with other anticholinergics.

Tizanidine is a muscle relaxant related to clonidine. In fact, clonidine is also used for insomnia. Other beta-blockers like propranolol can also help, but are better for daytime tranquillisation and dissolving stage fright. Clonidine and propranolol are the most common beta blockers used for hypertension, but they are of different structural and chemical classes and have different mechanisms of action, They should never be mixed or taken in rapid succession as paradoxical hypertensive crisis is a possibility. Clonidine is used by itself by prisoners, young children, and others as a substitute narcotic-like euphoriant, and more commonly is used clinically to reduce the physical symptoms of narcotic withdrawal.

Anyone try bromides, valerates, chloral hydrate, or paraldehyde for insomnia any time recently? The latter two are made from hooch, and there are many bromide and valerate salts used especially in the past for sedation, sleep, and so forth. There are bromide and valerate salts of codeine, morphine, and dihydrocodeine have been used for medicinal purposes.

Codeine, dihydrocodeine, morphine, and heroin methobromides are drugs having the effects of both the bromide and the narcotic. Bromides in general were used as sedatives and early anti-epileptic agents but have fallen out of favour as they can disrupt the endocrine system in various ways. Like the other stable halogens, some amount of bromine is needed buy the body for normal functioning and is acquired from the environment via food.

Valerian is a herb derived especially from the roots of a heliotrope-type flower originally found in Continental Europe and the Levant and now over much of the Northern Hemisphere and has also been carried to the Southern Hemisphere. Aside from things like heroin valerate elixir and morphine valerate injection, there was a popular pair of products in the 1920s used for headaches and insomnia with pain, namely Trivalin, a combination of morphine valerate, caffeine valerate, and cocaine valerate, and Tetravalin, which contained the three plus codeine valerate. The easiest way to get morphine and codeine valerate these days is to use valerian in various forms in the preparation of poppy seed and poppy pod/straw infusions and tea.

Poppy seed tea in particular may also be useful for occasional insomnia as a the phenanthrene alkaloids and other components can create anxiolysis, drowsiness, and other conditions important for sleep.

Other food or herbal substances used to combat insomnia include tryptophan, an amino acid which is a precursor to serotonin which is structurally similar in some ways to melatonin, and exogenous tryptophan, required for proper body function, is obtained from food from many animal sources ranging from poultry to some fish. The relation to serotonin does not make tryptophan a stimulant. In fact, the amount taken in from ingesting turkey, plus a drop in blood pressure from a rush of blood to the digestive tract is what makes people sleepy after large meals.

Kava is one of a number of preparations with active ingredients being various lactones from the Kava bush of the islands of the South Pacific. The herbal preparation has more than a dozen active compounds in it, and it has notable CNS and metabolic effects.

Chamomile is a plant in the daisy family along with ragweed and a somewhat distant valerian relative with a number of alkaloids and other components most often made into a tea for dealing with insomnia and anxiety.

The hormone precursor melatonin is found naturally in the human body, being made in the pineal gland, and it regulates Circadian rhythms and other bodily functions, and can be supplemented by exogenous melatonin, which comes from plants and animals. It has some connexion to melanin but is not the pigment nor closely tied up in how it functions. Melatonin is related tryptophan, which sound like tryptamine, and indeed there are precursor and other relations to these neurotransmitters and important biological substances endogenous and exogenous.

Does anyone get barbs for insomnia or anything anymore? Salts of barbituric acid have different uses depending on their speed of onset and how long they last. Their relative amount of CNS depression may also vary a bit. The shortest acting are for induction of anaesthesia and use as truth serum. Short-acting barbiturates and sedatives are hypnotics, generally. Intermediate-acting barbs are sedative-hypnotics, and the long-acting barbiturates are used for daytime sedation, potentiation of other drugs, and as part of tapering patients off of benzodiazepines. Certain barbiturates in the various classes, intermediate-acting and long-acting especially, are used as anti-convulsants for such cases, for epilepsy, poisoning and other such things,. Many barbiturates not only cause tolerance, but their effective dose rises, but the lethal dose does not, dangerously narrowing the therapeutic index over time.

Barbiturates with these problems led to the development of non-barbiturate agents in the 1940s to 1960s with similar profiles of action and some of which were also dangerous, especially their withdrawal syndromes. Benzodiazepines were a replacement for many of these, and off-label use of gabapentinoids has led to discovery of their usefulness in some of these things. All affect the Gaba-Glutamate-Glycine system in the human body. Another drug, GHB, was invented in the 1874 and developed for human use after about 1958 or so. They all have rebound or true withdrawal syndromes.

My favourite barbiturate is Codeonal, which is codeine diethylbarbiturate, the barbitone salt of codeine popular as a treatment for insomnia with pain and/or apprehension from 1912 to the 1960s,, and there were other ones too, along with morphine, DHC, DHM, and I think even one smack barbiturate. I am not aware of Codeonal being manufactured and sold as a proprietary pharmaceutical in recent times, but compounding pharmacists and other chemists can prepare it, so I have been able to use Codeonal, morphine diethylbarbiturate, and its nicomorphine and hydromorphone analogues on occasion for insomnia caused by pain in the XXI. Century.

I fondly remember another protocol for insomnia of drinking 100 ml of paregoric with three capsules of secobarbitone and chewing up an extended-release Pyribenzamine tablet with a Sprite chaser . . . It was my first introduction to Blue Velvet. Amobarbitone capsules are called Amys, and back in the day I'd bring a bottle of them with me, two young ladies both named Amy joined me in eating some of them, sniffing lots of amyl nitrite poppers, then whatever they call a 69 with three people in it. Secobarbitone and amobarbitone were combined in capsules called Tuinal, also known as Tuies or Twoeys, which we came to like even better and would somtimes eat along with some Bennys, White Crosses, Preludin, or Vitamin R . . . which often fueled a three on one instead.

I know that carisoprodol is used off-label for sleep very frequently, but does anybody actually get Miltown (meprobamate) for sleep anymore?

There were some great non-benzodiazepine hypnotics that were really great which are apparently all gone -- I've expounded up Doriden (glutethimide) and we all know about Mandrax and Quāāludes (methaqualone) . . . there are/were also clomethiazole, ethchlorvynol (Placidyl) and methyprylon (Noludar) as well as more obscure chemical relatives of the above like phenprobamate, tybamate, mecloqualone, and so on.

My opinion on cannabis for this is that especially depending on the cause for the insomnia, it could complicate it, or smash it like a million kilo shithammer. With something like 250 alkaloids and counting, it is just what one expects.

Good luck and hope you get to sleep.

Last edited:
... but does anybody actually get Miltown (meprobamate) for sleep anymore?

We have Phenprobamate sold as muscle relaxant (by itself or in combination with Ibuprofen) but some use it as a sleeping aid. It works pretty good for sleep and potentiating opiates.

What I always hear, even from pharmacists sometimes, is that if codeine/DHC and diazepam or lorazepam are taken together, it makes it all feel like Oxycodone. If I put in some caffeine, maybe a nasal decongestant, perhaps, but carisoprodol, meprobamate, tybamate, phenprobamate, and to a much lesser extent methocarbamol potentiate all narcotics in a completely different way which is both objective and subjective.

They add even more warmth than the benzos do, an certainly intensified everything but the nausea across the board. The prodrug type weaker members of the ~codone, the 14-dihydromorphinone subfamily, are most effected, though it works noticeably with open chain, 4-phenylpiperidine, morphinan, and others narcotics as well. In fact, it is such a big part of taking narcotics for medicinal reasons that it helps me remember lots of them.

The drug companies know what they are doing when they make things like Phenergan VC with Codeine, Mepergan, Soma Compound With Codeine, and the old Equagesic -- holy shit: meprobamate, aspirin, caffeine, and ethoheptazine, an uncontrolled 4-phenazepane open-chain synthetic opioid about 30-45 per cent as strong as morphine. It is a somewhat close relative of meptazinol, which I took with meprobamate only, as was the case with pentazocine, phenazocine, dezocine; tilidate I took with phenprobamate only, which I also used with the little chloromorphide I have yet sampled.

I like carisoprodol most with hydrocodone, oxycodone, thebacon and the strong narcotics, and meprobamate with codeine, nicocodeine, acedicon, dionine, benzylmorphine* dihydrocodeine -- I am not sure how I can tell the difference, but it is there. I have so far only tried meprobamate with dihydroisocodeine (DHIC) which is four times stronger than dihydrocodeine. I thought this 8-benzylhydrocodone they invented was going to be a bust, but I took 30 mg with four 350 mg carisoprodol tablets, 100 mg of tripelennamine, Alka-Seltzer Night Time Cold Medicine Green Label, and the US government compelled LIttle Pharma to make a hydrocodone which just lasts longer, and which, because of my pre-load and 36-hour fast, it felt like hydro, which was to be expected. So fuck you FDA -- I'm a gonna teach people how great narcotics are and how to Cold Water Extract, potentiate, cook down and cook up pills and even more to soup up the medication you arseholes are trying to keep from chronic pain people. Maybe you can cow Endo and Eugeni., er I mean Zogenix, but you cannot stop the Church of Hydrocodone, buttholes!

Any of them is good with opium, dihydromorphine, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, metopon, oxymorphol, hydromorphinol, morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, smack, nicomorphine, diacetyldihydromorphine, isomorphine . . . I have not yet had oxymorphazone, but is 48-120 hours of effect worth burning out the receptors?

Carisoprodol and meprobamate, and phenprobamate, I have used with tramadol and tapentadol quite a bit with good results, and meprobamate with the amidone, methadol, ampromide, moramide, thiambutene, phenalkoxam, and other open-chain opioids like all isomers of propoxyphene, dimenoxadol, levomethadone, methadone, normethadone, isomethadone, noracymethadol, dipipanone, phenadoxone, dioxyaphyetyl butyrate, dextromoramide, propiram, and so forth. The one dose of LAAM I got was mixed into a glass of Merlot and I only took naproxen and hydroxyzine with it.

They meprobamate-type drugs are all good with morphinans like levorphanol, racemorphan, butorphanol, and also with all of the 4-phenylpiperidines especially ketobemidone and anileridine. They erase the worry I often have when being given pethidine, and carisoprodol+difenoxin+omeprazole+cimetidine+hydroxyzine with black peppercorns and St John's Wort felt like a good dose of piritramide and lasted 15 hours. Loperamide I only tried in small doses, diphenoxylate was 50 per cent as strong as difenoxin, as Dr Janssen himself discovered.

I have not taken them with anilidopiperidines, bridged oripavine derivative,, and some others. I taken meprobamate and carisoprodol with piritramide and bezitramide, Kratom and clonitazene round out the list -- I only had methocarbamol on hand to throw in with those.

One thing which makes things perhaps different is that I get very little enjoyment out of benzodiazepines by themselves though they are excellent medications and potentiators if everything else is all right, but having an oppressive hangover from diazepam which lasts for up to a week is not pleasant, though nitrazepam is clean enough and tetrazepam weak enough in the CNS but strong enough on my muscles that it does exactly what the doctors and need it to.

---
* A codeine-like ether of morphine, a prodrug of myrophine, not to be confused with the lovely 3,6-diester dibenzoylmorphine, the first designer drug of the 1920s that Merck and others made through 1930 to serve their smack-shooting clientele after smack was internationally outlawed in 1924, the drug that the mice in the lab make for me every so often and I use to mix up some speedballs with methylphenidate because the ester is so much like other esters like smack, nicomorphine, diacetyldihydromorphine, acetylpropionylmorphine, and dipropionylmorphine and many others. The third smack replacement outlawed in 1930 by the League of Nations: acetylmorphone -- the smack analogue of hydromorphone; same as above,

Last edited:
I've struggled with insomnia since I was kid and I work so I literally have to have sleep to function or I feel like I'm in a delirium.I dont care if I'm groggy when I first wake up a Red bull helps out with that.
So the only over the counter medicine that works for me is Doxylamine Succinate.I dont have a whole bunch of money to see a Psych doctor to get pharmaceuticals.So I have to take what I have to take to survive.
I would much rather deal with depression than insomnia any day...

I've had about 3 hours of sleep all together in 3 days.I took a unisonm about 30 mins ago and I know I'm about to get some precious sleep.
Also dont mess with Alcohol it will knock you out for about 3 hours, but then you'll wake up and not be able to go back to sleep...and have a hangover cause it takes me over a pint of liquor to knock me out and that is on top of my usual 1200mg of Gabapentin.

I'd recommend going down the herbal route if you can't deal with the tired zombie feeling pharmaceutical sleep aids give I get these valerian tablets for 10$ from Coles or Woolworths.theyre great for sleep,also a herb called skullcap is good you'll probably find it on eBay.neither of these two cause the hangover Zombie feelingdownload.jpegdownload.jpeg

Last edited:
Last night I fell asleep naturally, yes I was tired but I wasn’t “meth” tired. Like I went to bed to actually go to sleep and I actually chose sleep over using. My distributor was going to come by and I thought this is my chance to have a good sleep with no issues. So postponed that, woke up at 10:30 looking like a stunned mullet but had uninterrupted sleep for 8 hours.

Still haven’t started the Zopiclone but I dare say I will and I’m off to the doctors tomorrow with some good advice from you guys!

Can you blackout if you take too much Zopiclone and do weird shit?

Hear that it has a body high/sedation similar to that of benzos. Much more so than Zolpidem. My point being i cant use benzos because i abuse them terribly, but i can take Ambien properly and even if i decide to get trippy and pop 8 ive never blacked out on it. Really need something stronger than OTC and i can get these Zopiclone pretty easy, but also not trying to blackout and get my girl pissed.

My sleep is bad, takes me like 3 hours to conk out.

I'm not sure that I can call myself an insomniac. But I do struggle to fall asleep at a reasonable hour most nights. Mainly just overactive thoughts and distractions. I rarely wake up in the middle of the night though. When I'm out, I'm OUT. Sometimes it just takes forever to get there.

I don't have much experience as far as your 2 choices go. I've never had zopiclone and I think I had lorazepam once in my teens. But I personally prefer benzos over hypnotics.

Xanax and Valium definitely quiet my mind, make me drowsy and help me stay asleep. But they usually make me sleep much longer than I'd like and I'm usually a little slow to get up in the morning.

Ambien would probably work if I laid down and closed my eyes when I took it lol 95% of the time I get distracted by something right before it kicks in. Then I just trip out for a few minutes, proceed to forget the rest of the night and still wake up tired because who knows when the hell I fell asleep lol

I really like melatonin. 10-20mg will make me feel naturally drowsy and usually helps me fall asleep. But I still wake up groggy sometimes. Definitely not as groggy as I would be taking the other pills listed above.

Regardless of which one I choose, I try not to do any of them more than a couple days in a row. I like to switch it up and sometimes (attempt to) sleep without taking anything to avoid addiction/dependency. Weed smoke is always welcome of course.

So I typed all of that and realized that none of it probably helps since your question was basically which one of those 2 drugs you'd be better off taking lol just sharing my personal experience I guess.

ONE thing I can suggest though, is taking whatever you decide to take earlier rather than right before you want to sleep. ie: if I want to fall asleep at Midnight, I would take my melatonin (or whatever else) at around 10PM. Might just be a placebo effect, but it seems like the next morning effects are lessened since I took the medicine earlier and gave it extra time to diminish in my system. Worst case scenario, you might fall asleep earlier than you planned. ?‍♂️

If it is a case of lying there for a couple of hours or so in bed after taking the medications, one added thing could be to take maybe 500-875 mg of paracetamol and wash it down with ice water, or even better stir some NyQuil into ice water -- the drop in body temperature could be a catalyst to falling asleep, and there is naturally a drop in body temperature as part of the Circadian cycle, and I have always theorised it could have something to do with the timing of The Nod. In fact the drop in body temperature is one of my favourite side effects of morphine, hydromorphone, and whole opium in particular.

For that same reason, someone I know combats occasional insomnia with 12 tablets of Motofen (diifenoxin, the anti-diarrhoeal used also to stop excessive sweating and does so by narcotic, anticholinergic, and temperature-lowering effects) with Tylenol PM ± codeine and hydroxyzine, which is also used as a sleep aid, but is also a very effective potentiator of the narcotic effects of the difenoxin, which is in overall narcotic effect probably four to ten times stronger than loperamide at the spinal and supraspinal level, and the central-peripheral opioid effect ratio is certainly more favourable with difenoxin. She agrees with me that the difenoxin+hydroxyzine+omeprazole feels a lot like piritramide. She prefers to take meprobamate, paracetamol, bromphenamine, and paregoric for insomnia, but her local chemist's shop is not always able to fill the paregoric script without special ordering it and it taking a week or two to arrive, and the same thing happened when the doctor wrote for DTO (laudanum)

Last edited:

Faithless – Insomnia Lyrics
from album: Reverence (1996)

I only smoke weed when I need to,
And I need to get some rest, Yo, where's the Cess,
I confess, I burnt a hole in the mattress,
Yes, yes, it was me, I plead guilty,
And on the count of three I pull back the duvet,
Make my way to the refrigerator,
One dry potato inside, no lie
Not even bread, jam,
When the light above my head went bam!
I can't sleep, something's all over me,
Greasy, insomnia please release me,
And let me dream about making mad love on the heath,
Tearing off tights with my teeth.
But there's no relief,
I'm wide awake in my kitchen,
It's black and I'm lonely,
Oh, if I could only get some sleep,
Creeky noises make my skin creep,
I need to get some sleep,
I can't get no sleep....

Last edited:

Faithless – Insomnia Lyrics
from album: Reverence (1996)

I only smoke weed when I need to,
And I need to get some rest, Yo, where's the Cess,
I confess, I burnt a hole in the mattress,
Yes, yes, it was me, I plead guilty,
And on the count of three I pull back the duvet,
Make my way to the refrigerator,
One dry potato inside, no lie
Not even bread, jam,
When the light above my head went bam!
I can't sleep, something's all over me,
Greasy, insomnia please release me,
And let me dream about making mad love on the heath,
Tearing off tights with my teeth.
But there's no relief,
I'm wide awake in my kitchen,
It's black and I'm lonely,
Oh, if I could only get some sleep,
Creeky noises make my skin creep,
I need to get some sleep,
I can't get no sleep....

Sometimes I forget things about myself.

When i was 16, I use to smoke weed to go to sleep
never had any affect but making me go to sleep.
but I dislike weed very much so it not an option for me.
I also use to smoke allot of weed back then...aww shit
i was such a little feral stoner then.