• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sedatives

Nightrider19

Bluelight Crew
I have a script for Zopiclone here and 8 Lorazepam from when I had insomnia, I don’t like over the counter sleep aids as I fear the drowsy fatigue feeling in the morning and I’ve always been a tired person anyways.
I’m not a big fan of sedatives as when I took temazepam previously it didn’t really aid my sleep but relax me and a family friend was at my house and was violently sick and I didn’t get up or worry about it just laid there.

So for the purpose of me sleeping more and longer, better what would you recommend?

Zopiclone 7.5mg ( I have to go fill it)
Lorazepam 1mg

I had more and different scripts but when I filled them I gave them away as I didn’t want to use them.

Thank you ??

They Will both make you sleep longer as they are both sedatives, but zopiclone is definitely the better of the two if you want to sleep.
Lorazepam is quite subtle IME, and is better for taking in the day for anxiety, whereas zoppies are more like temazepam and are normally prescribed for insomnia.

Zopiclone is more recreational too, but if you don't like downers yoi may not enjoy them and you may just want to sleep.

If the main concern is morning grogginess, I suppose cutting a lorazepam in half if you have not taken them before . . . If it does the trick, then you have 16 doses. If you are still not sleepy enough, eat the other half within the next 90 minutes or so.
Which over the counter ones caused which problems?

I have a script for Zopiclone here and 8 Lorazepam from when I had insomnia, I don’t like over the counter sleep aids as I fear the drowsy fatigue feeling in the morning and I’ve always been a tired person anyways.
I’m not a big fan of sedatives as when I took temazepam previously it didn’t really aid my sleep but relax me and a family friend was at my house and was violently sick and I didn’t get up or worry about it just laid there.

So for the purpose of me sleeping more and longer, better what would you recommend?

Zopiclone 7.5mg ( I have to go fill it)
Lorazepam 1mg

I had more and different scripts but when I filled them I gave them away as I didn’t want to use them.

Thank you ??

I really like Zopiclone. Probably bad advise, but if you chew it, it starts working within 5-10 mins and you fall asleep quickly and feeling really nice :)

What experience have people had with suvorexant (Belsomra)? Are there any reports of sustained appetite increase and weight gain on it?

If the main concern is morning grogginess, I suppose cutting a lorazepam in half if you have not taken them before . . . If it does the trick, then you have 16 doses. If you are still not sleepy enough, eat the other half within the next 90 minutes or so.
Which over the counter ones caused which problems?

My main concern is waking up and not being able to get up - it’s a fear. Being depressed and not being able to get up for days wasn’t fun. I haven’t been like that for sometime but I wish to go forward not backwards...

Herbal ( various brands)
Doxylamine
Restivit

I will also be going back to my doctor next week, so might be offered an alternative ??‍♀️ But I don’t want to complicate things

Me too, I have learned to enjoy zopiclone. If you want a good sleep with no groginess in the AM, have an early night, take a zopiclone and start reading a good book.
If you've like me the book should hit the floor after half an hour or so, so just turn of the light and sleep. Zopiclone has relatively short duration, so as long as you have a good 8 hours, you shouldn't wake up groggy.

My main concern is waking up and not being able to get up - it’s a fear. Being depressed and not being able to get up for days wasn’t fun. I haven’t been like that for sometime but I wish to go forward not backwards...

Herbal ( various brands)
Doxylamine
Restivit

I will also be going back to my doctor next week, so might be offered an alternative ??‍♀️ But I don’t want to complicate things

Hydroxyzine is an antihistamine which is used for insomnia as well as anxiety and related things, amongst many other uses.
OTC antihistamines like doxylamine can be very good; Tylenol PM has a similar one (diphenhydramine) and the Tylenol in it helps by causing a brief drop in body temperature and working against any pain or discomfort adding to the insomnia. If anything, those two OTC antihistamines and others like phenyltoloxamine would have a very mild euphoriant effect because of the anticholinergic action rather than causing depression. NyQuil and similar products have doxylamine, paracetamol, and other helpful ingredients in them.

If there is more bodily pain like restless legs and the like, as I had when I was a kid, adding naproxen and a variable dose of codeine or dhydrocodeine would be helpful -- when RLS specifically was acting up, quinine also helped.

Hydroxyzine is an antihistamine which is used for insomnia as well as anxiety and related things, amongst many other uses.
OTC antihistamines like doxylamine can be very good; Tylenol PM has a similar one (diphenhydramine) and the Tylenol in it helps by causing a brief drop in body temperature and working against any pain or discomfort adding to the insomnia. If anything, those two OTC antihistamines and others like phenyltoloxamine would have a very mild euphoriant effect because of the anticholinergic action rather than causing depression. NyQuil and similar products have doxylamine, paracetamol, and other helpful ingredients in them.

If there is more bodily pain like restless legs and the like, as I had when I was a kid, adding naproxen and a variable dose of codeine or dhydrocodeine would be helpful -- when RLS specifically was acting up, quinine also helped.

Everthing i have mentioned is a concern but I am also
taking precaution as i don't want another addiction up my sleeve.

I shall review my Zopiclone over the next 48 hours!

Hydroxyzine, as others wrote, is a great OTC medication by itself or in combination with other sedatives or opiates as an effective potentiator.

Passiflora Incarnata, passion flower, is proven to be a good sleep inducer and anxiety reliever.
I'm attaching a study on the effects of Passiflora.

Attachments

• Passiflora.pdf
    439.9 KB · Views: 2
Hydroxyzine, as others wrote, is a great OTC medication by itself or in combination with other sedatives or opiates as an effective potentiator.

Passiflora Incarnata, passion flower, is proven to be a good sleep inducer and anxiety reliever.
I'm attaching a study on the effects of Passiflora.

Thank you I am reading it now.