• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sedatives

They Will both make you sleep longer as they are both sedatives, but zopiclone is definitely the better of the two if you want to sleep.
Lorazepam is quite subtle IME, and is better for taking in the day for anxiety, whereas zoppies are more like temazepam and are normally prescribed for insomnia.

Zopiclone is more recreational too, but if you don't like downers yoi may not enjoy them and you may just want to sleep.
The zoppies zims zimmers are the reason these drugs get a bad name. I get them and save them up not to abuse. Get two a week but won't take them until I get a hundreds saved up lol. Read a lot about them being this incredible drug. All sedating drugs are the fucking same

Ive had them twice second time 6x 2mg bars and had very bad amnesia kept forgetting what I was doing was definitely intoxicated and cant remember much about it (I have a high tolerance to benzos) definitely one of my favourites but would take vallies over them due to diazepams very long half-life. Find them more recreational than diazepam but would rather be on diazepam. 1st time don't know what it was but your right took them before bed and was wasted for a couple of days. I don't seem to get that feeling from diazepam never able to black out but took over around 270mg over two days recently and then cocodomal CWE and then 8 with 2 zopiclone this morning and 2 this afternoon felt wasted but don't know if it was the codeine or zopiclone. Overall find zopiclone stronger than diazepam with more pronounced amnesia. First time on alprazolam I was sold them as blues but looked online and they were squiggly Gs which contained 0.25 of alprazolam didn't understand it myself as I thought it had a very short half life but was doped up for at least 3 days. Enjoyable but would hate to have a habit with them unless had diazepam to keep W/Ds at bay.

Can you blackout if you take too much Zopiclone and do weird shit?

Hear that it has a body high/sedation similar to that of benzos. Much more so than Zolpidem. My point being i cant use benzos because i abuse them terribly, but i can take Ambien properly and even if i decide to get trippy and pop 8 ive never blacked out on it. Really need something stronger than OTC and i can get these Zopiclone pretty easy, but also not trying to blackout and get my girl pissed.

My sleep is bad, takes me like 3 hours to conk out.

Zopiclone is a lot like zolpidem, but a bit more sedating and the taste lingers into the next day, like sucking on dirty copper coins.
It definitely has amnesiac qualities.
I'd give them a go, they're nice, but try one tablet first time, just in case they hit you differently than zolpidem.

Diazepam has the longest half life. Xanax hits hard then wears off quickly

N
I don't know if you are joking or not but usually it's exactly the opposite of this.
No not joking never had valium last longer than xanax.i don't know what you guys are all going by? The Half-life listed on Wikipedia or its overall effects or its anti-anxiety effect.
Going by how long it can keep me fukt up with its benzo buzz valium only lasts a couple of hours for me and a Xanax can keep me buzzed and feeling good for ages.dont know how you guys are saying it's short acting.i find etizolam to be a short acting xanax.short acting as in its buzz only lasts a few hours.not short acting as in its documented half-life isn't as long as valiums.

Just read the diazepam Wikipedia page and seen diazepams half life is 20-100hrs.where on this planet does a couple of valium last 20-100hrs? Half-lives don't mean shit when it comes to how long you stay wasted off of a drug
I'm talking about duration of effects not its documented half life which is ridonkulously irrelevant.

Xana

I'd never consider Xanax short acting.

Well it’s proven to be one of the shortest acting benzos.

I guess it depends on the dose. Take one 0.25mg and yes, it is very short acting. Take three 2mg bars and it’s a whole new ballgame.

Half life of a drug doesn't mean shit when it comes to how long a drug lasts.just bcoz xanaxs half-life is 3hrs doesn't mean Xanax lasts 3hrs.going by that logic valium lasts 50hrs.

I really don't give a fuck about what they write about Diazepam, Alprazolam or whatever. In addition to what the reality is, I'm commenting based on my large quantities of various benzodiazepines.

I love Xanax but unfortunately it doesn't last me, or the vast majority of people who use/ abuse it, more than a few hours, then I feel the need to dose again to keep the buzz going. Still, Xanax is my favorite of them all because of the hard and rapid effects of it. It worked better for my intense panic attacks than any other benzo that I have used. Also, it's the only one that I get any pleasure from.

Diazepam is a great medication that's effective for many issues. Its longer half life (I don't know about 100 hours though) is very useful when a, say, Xanax dependent person wants to stop using. Another great use for it is during especially Alcohol detox and also opiate detox. But I have never got any pleasure from it even with quite hefty doses taken without tolerance. The relief I get from it during opiate withdrawal, especially the muscle relaxant properties, lasts for more than double the duration that Xanax is providing. Again, in addition to the scientific truth, nearly everybody thinks and feels that it lasts much longer than Alprazolam.

I don't know the situation with you. Maybe your body just works different with benzos. Well, if it works for you, who cares what we say.

As far as drugs which can help with insomnia, I know there are a lot. Zopiclone, lorazepam were on offer to the OP when she wrote to us. She also tried several others as well, listed in previous posts.
Anyone try bromides, valerates, chloral hydrate, or paraldehyde for insomnia any time recently? The latter two are made from hooch, and there are many bromide and valerate salts used especially in the past for sedation, sleep, and so forth. There are bromide and valerate salts of codeine, morphine, and dihydrocodeine have been used for medicinal purposes.

There were some great non-benzodiazepine hypnotics that were really great which are apparently all gone -- I've expounded up Doriden (glutethimide) and we all know about Mandrax and Quāāludes (methaqualone) . . . there are/were also clomethiazole, ethchlorvynol (Placidyl) and methyprylon (Noludar) as well as more obscure chemical relatives of the above like phenprobamate, tybamate, mecloqualone, and so on.

I have tried Sodium Bromide (IM injection of a few ampoules, 5ml each at 100mg/ml), but I don't a strong impression of the effects. Whether that is because the effects were weak, or because all the other drugs I was taking during that period obliterated my memory, I can't honestly say. I do have a handful more of these stashed away, and plan on trying it again under more controlled conditions. It seems oral administration is just as good as parenteral.

Another issue is that during the 19th century, bromides were given in huge doses well beyond what I took, and were sometimes given over multiple days for the effects to truly become apparent. For instance, I was reading an 1885 manual by an American doctor on opiate detoxification, and he starts off with sodium bromide given twice daily at 60 grains, increasing the dose 10 grains a day until reaching a maximum of 100-120 grains. Since 60 grains is just under 4g (3888mg), the max daily dose would reach 13-15.5.g! To replicate even the lowest of his twice-daily doses one time, I'd have to consume almost 8 ampoules of sodium bromide. Even in other sources which don't reflect the enhanced need for sedation present in opiate withdrawal, the average dose for insomnia is listed as at least 15 grains (~1g).

In the bromide/valereate category, I have also tried the ethyl ester of a-isobromovaleric acid in conjunction with phenobarbital and peppermint oil, as marketed in original Corvalol/Valocordin drops/tablets. It certainly gives the combination an intense odor ("valerian + foot odor") and taste; otherwise, it may intensify the phenobarbital effect slightly.

Phenprobamate was interesting and definitely had noticeable effects tending toward the barbiturate type, but wasn't hugely pleasurable for me on the couple of occasions I sampled it. These were all oral doses around the clinical range, so maybe it requires higher dosing. Also, I was using opiates on a maintenance basis at the time, but didn't take them in conjunction and don't remember noticing significant potentiation, but I'd certainly look out for that in the future if others find it effective.

I had similar results with mephenesin (brand name Décontractyl, sadly withdrawn from the French market as of this June it seems), a centrally-acting mucle relaxant in guaifenesin family. And again with etqualone, both in slightly supertherapeutic oral doses as well. I do recall noticing a potentiating effect that the mephenesin had on codeine, taken together at a time when I had a relatively low tolerance.

Clomethiazole, on the other hand, seemed to have more pronounced euphoric effects on its own at doses in that range. Though these were offset somewhat by the eye-watering smell ("rotten apples in an acid bath") it left behind on breath/body and its unpleasant burning sensation at least as a pure powder.

Last edited: