• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

SCRA Discussion - all Cannabinoid discussion goes here

So what does "SCRA" stand for?

And why would you want to manufacture the stuff in a laboratory, when it just grows out of the ground, like ..... well ..... like a weed?

I wondered that for a while but I think it means Selective Cannabinoid Receptor Agonist. I may be wrong. I'm sure sprouty will enlighten us.

EDIT: Just did a search and the S maybe stands for synthetic. I'm sure THC itself would be classed as a selective CRA.

SCRA - Synthetic Cannabinoid Receptor Agonist.
Selective would imply an action limited to a single neurotransmitter (as separates Tricyclics from SSRI's :) ), it would be incorrect to label any cannabinoid as selective given the CB receptors are intertwined with the DAT in the mesolimbic system and subsequently is activated alongside CBR though to a much lesser degree.

I'm actually glad this was mentioned as it provides a great segue for this paper showing MAOi activity of THC, AEA and one of the WIN-x series to be appreciable.
MAOi activity obviously effects an increase in all monoamine concentrations and thus is the opposite of selective.

Last edited:
SCRA - Synthetic Cannabinoid Receptor Agonist.
Selective would imply an action limited to a single neurotransmitter (as separates Tricyclics from SSRI's :) ), it would be incorrect to label any cannabinoid as selective given the CB receptors are intertwined with the DAT in the mesolimbic system and subsequently is activated alongside CBR though to a much lesser degree.

I'm actually glad this was mentioned as it provides a great segue for this paper showing MAOi activity of THC, Anandamide and one of the WIN-x series to be appreciable.
MAOi activity obviously effects an increase in all monoamine concentrations and thus is the opposite of selective.

Is the MAOI effect selective to one of the MAO's or is it general?

THC: Non-competitive at both sites, 24.7mmol at A, 22.6 for B
WIN: 17.9 at A and non-competitive, 21.2 at B and uncompetitive
AEA: 751 at A and competitive, 1668 at B and non-competitve

THC: Non-competitive at both sites, 24.7mmol at A, 22.6 for B
WIN: 17.9 at A and non-competitive, 21.2 at B and uncompetitive
AEA: 751 at A and competitive, 1668 at B and non-competitve

Interesting, I wonder why weed doesn't have any risks in combination with monoamine affecting drugs then. Just not enough in the brain, or is there something else that keeps the interaction from being dangerous?

Will have a crack at simplifying the quoted academia in the OP soon, if anyone with a semi-moderate understanding of Org. Chem. wishes to aid me, please do feel free.

Right, the most prominent metabolic worry is looking to be that arene and its fate: radical formation, in particular that of superoxide (less Marvel, more cytotoxin), peroxide and assorted quinone relatives, is inevitable. Given the relevant enzyme (DDase) is located in both hepatic and pulmonary tissue the most direct damage will occur in the lungs and liver.

Will have a crack at simplifying the quoted academia in the OP soon, if anyone with a semi-moderate understanding of Org. Chem. wishes to aid me, please do feel free.

I have a semi, will that do?

Managed to OD on MMB-CHMICA (correct nomenclature for the MDMD/MMB-CHMINACA naming mess) recently.
Fun tymz. 8)

AB-005 or [1-[(1-methyl-2-piperidinyl)methyl]-1H-indol-3-yl](2,2,3,3-tetramethylcyclopropyl)-methanone displays massively enhanced activity at CB2 when compared to the vast majority of SCRA's - CB1 (Ki = 5.5 nM) and CB2 (Ki = 0.48 nM). Far closer to CBD than THC, far less likely to induce psychosis, cardiac arrest and seizures.

New+Cannabinoids_PINACAs.png

I bought some bargain basement noids when the vendors were selling off the 2nd generation powders really cheap before they were banned.

IIRC i got some MAM-2201, AM-1220, and UR-144, and mixed them with 'erbs to make my own super cheap blends. These particular noids were meant to be less fierce than the others, but they were still really strong, even though i made what i thought would be quite mild 'blends'.

I've just read on Wiki that "A study of MAM-2201 in rats showed that it causes neurofunctional disruptions." Fucking great. :|

Lucky that i don't use 'noids very often i guess, and only in tiny amounts when I do. If I can find that MAM-2201 I might ditch it, provided that I can also find another 'noid powder. Pretty sure that ive run out of UR-144 which was the most pleasant/mildest one, but i should have a little AM-1220 somewhere,