• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

scary video games?

FEAR 2 or whatever the latest one out right now is pretty fun. I used to play it while tweaked all the time and creepy shit jumps out at you all the time just begging to be shot in the face.

F.3.A.R is coming out sometime soonish, that will probably be fun too.

If you've never played original Diablo for PC, it's worth a go. A very well made game, and still quite playable. Freaked me out when I first got a hold of it.

Limbo for XBLA. i have no comparison for it, it's totally scary in its own way.

the only game i ever found scary was Dead Space

I remember the first time i played it was at xmas 2 years ago when i was coming off the gear , it wasnt bad withdrawls tbh as i was a light user at that time

anyway i played it on my PC which had an amazing gfx card at that time with an HD monitor and i had surround sound on and it was 2am so it was pitch black , that combo of things with the effects in this game worked really well together

man ive never been so freaked out by a game in my life..

i could only play that game for short periods of time each time lol

Silent Hill 3 is the scariest game for some reason. Silent Hill 2 is the creepiest because of the plot. Both mind fucks that you will not be able to play alone in the dark with headphones for very long.

The scariest game I ever played was Fatal Frame 2:Crimson Butterfly (PS2). I DO NOT scare easily at all-but I could not play this game at night! and I never finished it...was just too creepy. Still,great game. If my PS2 worked I would definitely play this game today. I would really like to play it start to finish.

Dead Space / Dead Space 2 both had me jumping out of my seat and screaming like a girl more than once. Loud enough for the GF to hear me downstairs. 8) Lights off and sound turned up it's plenty scary, creepy tentacled mutants leaping out at you when you least expect it, and makes some of the maddest noises I've heard in a game. Genuinely heart-pounding stuff.

FEAR 2 had it's moments and was a decent shooter. Resident Evil 5 could get plenty frantic when you're low on ammo and backed into a corner by the zombie hordes, rooted to the spot trying to pick your targets and equip a different weapon. Quite annoying also though not being able to move and shoot at the same time. Started playing Amnesia : The Dark Descent but never got into it. Might have to give it another spin.

I have fear-quit deadspace 2 so many times.
That game all but tells you flat out that it's going to throw some horrible shit at you.
Finding ammo and health caches is a BAD thing. It just means shit is about to get real.

At the least, it's just downright creepy, at it's worst I have to pause and smoke a cig before going back to it. Still haven't even beat it yet.

I liked deadspace after smoking, I fell out of my chair repeatedly >.>

Dark Souls isn't scary per se, but some of the rougher fights are just brutal, I can imagine on shrooms or cid, possibly a 2c you'd shit bricks when a centipede demon tried to high five you. It's as if every thing in the world is pissed and you are on the menu. Nothing holds back, once you get to the real meat of the game, it's hard to put down.

The medical pavilion scene in Bioshock where you acquire the shotgun is the only part of a video game which has truly shat me up.

Dead Space was pretty damn scary, that had me jumping out of my seat.
Silent Hill 2 is one of my favorite games ever...the plot is that game was creepy as fuck.

But I agree that Amnesia: The Dark Descent is in it's own category of scary. I don't think "scary" is a strong enough word. It's shit-your-pants terrifying. I remember going for a bathroom break after a long session of playing and I literally had the shakes and heart palpitations. There's nothing worse that walking around with a drop of oil left and one tinderbox (or no tinderboxes), and then monster comes out of fucking nowhere, and you have to run into a room that has somewhere to hide, and barricade the door, and hide in the closet, as your character starts literally losing his mind in the darkness while waiting for Lovecraft and Poe's terrible love child to go away.

^ There's a compilation containing Silent Hill 2 and 3 in HD that comes out for X360 and PS3 ;)

^ SAY WHAT? That's fantastic, as I've never played Silent Hill 3, and my copy of Silent Hill 2 runs a bit questionably on my 360.

Dead Space 1 & 2, hands down the scariest games I've played, especially the 1st, which is the 'Alien' to the second one which is 'Aliens' if you catch my drift...

Yall ever played Area 51 for the PS2? I played that when i was young n that shit was scary.

Lara Croft's Mansion in Tomb Raider II. That old butler dude is creepy as hell.

the original manhunt was heaps eery, especially the headset on
Really you think so? I disagree cause in manhunt you're the one sneaking around killing poeple. Sure, they're looking for you too but the AI is absolute crap. It's easy to go through entire levels without being spotted even once....minus the levels where you're forced to use guns of course.