• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Scared of MDMA after 3 month break

poobrainbrian

Greenlighter
Hi, a friend of mine did a lot of MDMA over the past year or so, every few weeks at least. Always enjoyed it, especially the part of the night where the forgetfulness kicked in and he would be forgetting conversations mid-sentence.

However, last time he dropped, the forgetfulness was very intense and his brain just stopped processing information for most of the night. Didn't mind it at the time but inadvertently didn't drop again until it was the longest it had ever been since he ever dropped, and now it has been 3 months.

Since then, he has had building anxiety about drug use in general, particularly MDMA. For about a month or two after that last time, his short term memory was pretty bad, occasionally forgetting things mid-sentence in day-to-day life.

He ended up doing 2CB twice since then, the first time he had a panic attack and vomited (had eaten way too much beforehand), but had a good time after the initial insanity. The second time was just pleasant.

So basically, he really wants to do MDMA again but is nervous to the point of feeling ill. Not sure if the fears are rational or not, sometimes he feels he is being anxious for no reason, while other times he has a genuine concern that the next time he does MDMA he will have a bad reaction and somehow die, get serious brain damage or a heart attack or a panic attack.

Seeking input from anyone with advice on the situation

Thanks

Last edited:
We don't SWIM here, we know it's you.

Welcome to the forums! In my opinion, if you have anxiety, and triggered because you want to use the drug, you should not use it.

What if the converse is true? As in no anxiety during the year of moderate to heavy use, but anxiety increasing in relation to abstinence?

Jan 1 will be a year completely void of MDMA in my life after a decade of heroic and idiotic dosing protocols. I feel that the damage is without a doubt irreversible. MDMA is the most neurotoxic chemical in my opinion.

Jan 1 will be a year completely void of MDMA in my life after a decade of heroic and idiotic dosing protocols. I feel that the damage is without a doubt irreversible. MDMA is the most neurotoxic chemical in my opinion.

out of curiosity did you test your pills?

Were you taking real mdma or some these fillers pips and amphet that the cut with them?

Agreed. I've not abused MDMA at all or even used it very much at all compared to most people in the scene, but it still feels very obvious to me that it's an incredibly neurotoxic drug. I can't think of much else that would cause as much damage to you using even sensible doses only weekly or maybe even monthly for a relatively short amount of time.

What if the converse is true? As in no anxiety during the year of moderate to heavy use, but anxiety increasing in relation to abstinence?

If you're getting anxiety because of drug ABSTINENCE...that's definitely not good! Drug use will only give you more anxiety. You'll need to bring your anxiety down before you can comfortably and safely use drugs again. It may not happen for your for years since you seemed like your abused it pretty bad. MDMA is just one of those drugs that's you really shouldn't abuse since it's hard to "gain the magic back".

I'm in the same point where it's been a little over a year since i've rolled except my situation is way more drastic. I have probably rolled around the 90-100x mark. Sometimes rolilng a couple times a week, sometimes 2x days in a row. Now it's been my longest break since i started rolling which is 3 months. I'm also getting anxiety because my second longest break since I started rolling has only been 5 weeks and I remember when I took that 5 week break I was scared I wasn't even going to roll but I ended up having the best night of my life. I'm just worried how it's going to be because I totally forgot how it feels and what it's like and how hard I'm going to roll. Your concern that brain damage is legitimate because obviously it is going to damage your brain. But everything else you're worried about is ridiculous lol. Just know that you're going to have a blast and it's probably going to be better than all your other rolls recently because of the long break. Don't worry you'll be fine as long as you're taking good stuff. If anything I would worry about is how harsh the come up might be ;)

You have been given a massive warning and, fortunately, a second chance. Drugs aren't for you. Don't take the risk, it's really not worth it.

What you describe happened to someone I used to know. He was never normal in the head, but after 10 years of abusing MDMA weekly his brain finally fell to pieces and he was constantly repeating the same things over and over. Forgetting what he had said only a few minutes ago. I don't see him any more, but he'll never be the same again. He'll never have another job and I doubt he'll ever be happy in life.

I had some pretty bad symptoms myself and I decided drugs weren't for me. But if my memory went like that I would absolutely not risk ruining the rest of my life just to get high.

Man your friend sounds like a complete retard. Scared for it but want do do it again> Whats ur problem seriously. Do it.

How old was your friend when it happened?
He's considering just rolling every few months or so, nothing like he used to. He had great times and wants to continue in moderation if it is safe

I think there is indeed a solid connection between MDMA abuse and memory difficulties. I believe these memory difficulties will become worse with time and there will also be an increased risk of Alzheimer's and other neurodegenerative disease. The memory difficulties could be related mainly to serotonin concerning MDMA, serotonin is extremely important for memory. Fortunately there might be a little you could do about this, cardio increases neurogenesis (generation of new brain cells) and helps the brain form new memories.

I highly recommend cardio 20-30 minutes and 3-4 times a week because it builds new serotonin brain cells in an area of the brain extremely important for memory.

I can also recommend 5-HTP after rolling, your brain normally makes serotonin on its own but has a very had time making at when using MDMA and for a week or so after, this lack of serotonin could be contributing to memory problems. 5-HTP is what your brain makes serotonin directly out of and has been proven to help alleviate MDMA damage. It can cause anxiety/restlessness in some people rarely though so watch out for that. I would try 100mg every day or 50mg twice a day for a week after rolling especially but you could try it normally too, especially combined with exercise.

Of course a solid pre-load is a given, at least some vitamins such as vitamin E every day for a week before/during the roll and vitamin C a time or two the day of the roll.

So if he cares about being a grandpa someday I would definitely advise he stick to some weed and a couple mushroom stems for a good time and start doing some consistent cardio to help him build more brain cells and if he does roll make sure he's all over using antioxidants and 5-HTP in the days after.

He could be very thankful he did this in his old age.

^^ this, totally agree on what he said about cardio.

Doing cardio 4days in a week clears your system and decreases your tolerance for all drugs (weed is perfect example for it)

If you feel you will damage your brain or smth, give more time for yourself to be ready.

Better safe than sorry.