• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Saturday Night Live

m885

Bluelighter
Is it just me, or is anyone else dissapointed with this season of SNL? The writing is pathetic, it is shocking that what they air is the best of the material. It is truly painful to watch, the embarassment is visible on cast members' faces when there is no laughter at all from the crowd.

have they run out of material or is there just nothing going on in the world anymore?

I think you can only insult george bush so much before people get bored by it. :\

it pains me to watch the shell of a once great sketch comedy show.

this season.... i thought it has been declining for much more time than that

I used to love Mango, and Donatella Versace in the last couple of seasons!

We don't have the new series in Australia at present, so it's really crap now? That's a shame... :(

Tina Fey has been an obsession of mine for a while now, she's just so good looking matched with a great style of comedy!

:D

The skits seems to be getting longer and they tend to drag... It just looks like they are trying too hard...

I haven't watched SNL for years. It's just not entertaining any more.:(

I recently saw an episode and was utterly appalled at how awful it was.

I'd rather them screen pre-1994 epsiodes of the show every Saturday night than any new ones. For comedic modern commentary, Family Guy, The Simpsons, The Daily Show, and South Park do it for me. Hell, why can't we get another grass-roots sketch show with comedians that write their own material, like The Kids In The Hall, which was consistently funnier than SNL.

It's a sad state of affairs when Mad TV is funnier than our New York institution, Saturday Night Live. They need to kill it before it gets worse. Hopefully the ratings will drop enough for NBC to cancel the show.

The sad thing is is that the only reason it hasn't already been canceled is probably because of the name and the name alone.

^^^ i would have to agree.

i am too much a fan of the show to ever hate it in full, but i will say, i havent lost any sleep over not seeing any new episodes in the last 3 or 4 years. i, like most people, enjoy the early to mid 90's seasons the best. even the weekend update has lost its luster, it still has its funny jokes, but the fact of the matter is, its gone from being mock-news to being stand up comedy. kevin nealon and norm macdonald, IMO, shined on weekend update. they made it actually look like news.

i wish that SNL would revive its humor. :(

Wow, surprised at the overwhelming negative reaction here. I think Tina Fey is an amazing writer; she has added so much to the show. Yes, of course it sucks that Will Ferrell, Chris Farley, Phil Hartman etal are gone but some of the current cast members are hilarious. Amy Poehler is doing an awesome job on Weekend Update; the girl really holds her own. To be honest I wasn't really sad to see Jimmy Fallon depart.

will forte and fred armisen are usually funny. i'm not sure if there has ever been a season where people have not complained about the quality of the show.

I haven't really watch SNL for years. Ever since Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, Mike Myers, etc left. I never really liked the "Will Ferrell" generation. I love watching old episodes though.

I totally agree!

I think they need more hott/attractive cast members! and also people who can remember their lines with out staring into the monitor all the time!

How the hell will having hot and/or attractive cast members have anything to do with making the show better or funny again? 8(

geee I wonder how having more attractive cast members can improve the show. hmmm thats a hard one.