• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Sarpa Salpa (Alleged Dream Fish)

If it exists could the compound in Sarpa Salpa be an anticholinergic compound? Something related to scopolamine or atropine?

^Signs of anticholinergic poisoning are pretty hard to mistake, theres even that acronymym thing, hot as a hare, mad as a hatter...or something. I'm sure the doctors involved would have tried a cholinergic/muscarinic drug if they thought it would help....

^^Something jurassic in nature?

If certain eatable, non-toxic fish did, in fact, produce psychedelic compounds, then wouldn't they already be known to humans?
of course
we know everything and there is nothing left for us, the superior species, to learn

we've probably identified what...1%... 2%... maybe 3%? of all the animal species existing on earth
and that doesn't mean intense studying

??????

Any info related to this topic?

The last thing we need is a war on fish. The fish genocide has gone on long enough.

I don't like fish to eat, but if i can source this "Sea Bream" i'm sure i would be eating fish on Fridays and say i'm catholic.

I'd love to post a DXM/Codeine/FISH HEAD trip report.

Although, my friends would be like, "You smell like fish man, either you ate some bad pussy or you've been tripping again huh?"

im intrigued by all the undiscovered psychoactives hidden somewhere in nature

There must be a psychedelic coral in existence

it seems this Sarpa salpa fish has been left mostly uninvestigated ?

ok I came here in search of a first hand trip report but only missinformation and offtopic. I let here few articles from scientific sources for everyone. In Ibiza, Spain there are plenty of sarpa salpa and only myths and urban legends (no only text from classical sources corroborating the Roman fish inebriating traditions, sorry) and on erowid and other sites only one or two experiences reported from intoxications. Abstract: the psicoactive propierties of those kind of fishes (not only salpa) probably comes from their diet, ambient changes like the station, and heavy metals. Yes we know the references to oracles and so in the antiquity now proved by studies to come from gasses and metals on waters, so its possibly that some casses of salpa intoxication had occour in the past but by its random cuality I see very difficult it became a ritual or habit. Two interesting readings:
-https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22535366/
-https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25243872/
there are a lot of data in ncbi, better than erowid or vice type sites (I say it for the non blue light users that come here to inform themselves)
p. s. sorry for my english its not my mother tongue and I am practising writing now.
Saludos fractales

For anyone interested, Hamilton did an episode on these fish:

(trailer/clip)

(full episode, might not be available outside the US)

For anyone interested, Hamilton did an episode on these fish:

(trailer/clip)

(full episode, might not be available outside the US)

thanks! it is banned here but I will search for it