• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

San Pedro Microdosing

This is extremely interesting disconnect. How did people prepare the tea, was it just straight San Pedro, or were there other ingredients for flavour or otherwise? Would the cactus be discarded after being made into tea, or eaten or does it just kind of dissolve after than much boiling?

I think the pictures you posted are of peruvian torch and not san pedro. My San pedro's have much smaller spines, my friend has some torches at his which look pretty much the same as san pedro but have larger spines (like yours!).

Update: Took 50g yesterday. I put a bit more effort into the preparation then last time(this time I removed the white core, last time I didn't). I can't eliminate the possibility that it was placebo/coincidence/whatever, but I had a really good day yesterday. I was in good mood and productive, didn't waste any time on stupid things. On the negative side it seems to put a big strain on the body. I felt my heart racing yesterday when coming up and today I have some stitching in the side. I will do more experimentation on this and keep you updated.

Edit: By now I'm pretty sure that whatever I'm ingesting is not San Pedro. I've taken it for the third time today and it's actually very easy to drink, it even tastes somewhat good, which is completely contrary to everything you read about San Pedro.

Last edited:
^^What kind of stuff were you doing whilst micro dosing? Did you get the same kind of feeling of mental enhancement that micro dosing fungi or LSD gives you?

This is extremely interesting disconnect. How did people prepare the tea, was it just straight San Pedro, or were there other ingredients for flavour or otherwise? Would the cactus be discarded after being made into tea, or eaten or does it just kind of dissolve after than much boiling?

Just straight San Pedro, after that long boiling it pretty much just thickened the tea. It was bitter to get down, but dilute enough not to have the snot consistency that it generally gets when you are trying to trip (at least when I cook it). I found drinking it when it was luke warm to be the easiest.

Off topic - In my opinion 'San Pedro' is like the term 'Ecstasy' most people mean it as T. Pachanoi (or MDMA), but it is hard for most people to be sure so its more useful as an umbrella term for active columnar cacti (or an empathogen). Besides as far as I know the genetic distinction between pachanois, bridgesiis, peruvianus's etc is pretty murky, not to mention the fact hybrids are super common.

Update: Did another dose on sunday. Again I had a productive day, but I still can't rule out placebo.

^^What kind of stuff were you doing whilst micro dosing? Did you get the same kind of feeling of mental enhancement that micro dosing fungi or LSD gives you?

I'm not sure about what it is. Maybe some weak peruvian torch. I've read a bit about the taste in the meantime and the absence of bitterness could indicate a low mescaline content. It's hard to say if the effect is the same as with LSD, since both give a very subtle, but noticeable, effect. I'd say it seems somewhat similar. Can't say anything about fungi since I've not done them in microdoses yet.

Disconnect said:
Off topic - In my opinion 'San Pedro' is like the term 'Ecstasy' most people mean it as T. Pachanoi (or MDMA), but it is hard for most people to be sure so its more useful as an umbrella term for active columnar cacti (or an empathogen). Besides as far as I know the genetic distinction between pachanois, bridgesiis, peruvianus's etc is pretty murky, not to mention the fact hybrids are super common.

Are you sure about this? I always thought San Pedro was just the trivial name for Echinopsis pachanoi(or Trichocereus pachanoi, which is just a synonym). Wikipedia seems to agree on this. They say it's sometimes confused with torch, but that doesn't make it correct to use the term San Pedro for this.

I always thought San Pedro was just the trivial name for Echinopsis pachanoi(or Trichocereus pachanoi, which is just a synonym). Wikipedia seems to agree on this. They say it's sometimes confused with torch, but that doesn't make it correct to use the term San Pedro for this.

You're right, but what's correct and what's common usage are two very different things. A lot of people (including some vendors etc.) use 'San Pedro' as an umbrella term for any active Trichocereus cacti. Either that, or San Pedro is the only Trichocereus they know of and they simply assume that similar cacti must be the same species.

In my experience San Pedro, Torch, and Bridgesii all taste very similar. If you are planning on micro dosing for an extended period of time you can brew up a larger batch, evaporate the water, and roll lots of little resin balls which you can eat a little bit of each day. I'm also intrigued to see your results!

I'm really interested in this!

I often micro dose fungi in recreational situations, but I couldn't really see trying to do work or even be at work while on it. I like to drink whiskey and have a small dose of mushrooms, usually ~1g and it gives that very light psychedelia to the alcohol buzz, nice body and mind stimulation, music enhancement, etc..

You should look into kanna, it might provide a lot of the effects you're looking for with micro dosing psychedelics.

I'm insanely interested in mescaline cacti. I have 28g of san pedro chunks at home that I'm trying to decide what to do with. The snot tea scares me, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't have issues getting it down. I'm the kind of guy that will get a gag reflex from something, and then will simply stay nauseous for the next hour. This happens sometimes when I'm trying to scarf down kratom, I might gag a little and then that's it, I can't take the kratom for a while until my stomach settles.

Not to be a bitch about it, but is there some other way to get it down? Would it be unreasonable to powder it and encapsulate in size 000 (1g) caps? It would only be about 30 caps, that's not too unreasonable.

Don't see why it wouldn't work! It's a lot of capsules to eat and it might be better to not take them all at once but to gradually eat them over the span of a 30 minutes to an hour. I think it'd be less stressful to your stomach. Regardless of the taste, cactus will make you pretty nauseous. I don't get it too easily, but I was in bed the first hour or two after drinking my snot tea :p.

You're right, but what's correct and what's common usage are two very different things. A lot of people (including some vendors etc.) use 'San Pedro' as an umbrella term for any active Trichocereus cacti. Either that, or San Pedro is the only Trichocereus they know of and they simply assume that similar cacti must be the same species.

IMHO/AFAIK Trichocereus species Pachanoi, Peruvianus and Bridgesi are more-or-less the same once you eat them. They're pretty much just mescaline in terms of psychoactive chemicals, but maybe with varying potencies. From what I've read there's not a clear champion for potency, although Peruvianus gets most of the votes. Peyote on the other hand has a plethora of psychoactive alkyloids, with mescaline being the most (and arguably only) important one.

There is likely as much - or more - variance in mescaline content from one cactus specimen to another within the same species, as there is variance in mean mescaline content between species. And there is probably no other chemical in these Trichocereus cacti aside from mescaline that is at all trippy.

Not to be a bitch about it, but is there some other way to get it down? Would it be unreasonable to powder it and encapsulate in size 000 (1g) caps? It would only be about 30 caps, that's not too unreasonable.

I tried that once - when dry cactus hits water it blows up to about 10 times it's orginal volume with all this chunky snot floating on top of the water. Imagine that happening in your gut. It was pretty much 48 hours of nausea that overwhelmed the nausea.

I tried that once - when dry cactus hits water it blows up to about 10 times it's orginal volume with all this chunky snot floating on top of the water. Imagine that happening in your gut. It was pretty much 48 hours of nausea that overwhelmed the nausea.

Ouch. Perhaps as someone said earlier, should I try this but gradually eat them as to not cause one big assault of expanding cactus fiber? I've read what you said to be true in the past, where it expands and causes discomfort.

Is there any tried-and-true method to reduce cactus nausea?

I really, really want to try mescaline but I know for a fact getting down a cup of cactus snot will be unreasonably difficult for me.

I've read a lot of your posts SS and I think you would love mescaline - not to mention it would be an interesting addition to your natural concoction mix.

Is there any tried-and-true method to reduce cactus nausea?

I really, really want to try mescaline but I know for a fact getting down a cup of cactus snot will be unreasonably difficult for me.

I would make a brew, then pour the brew into a large glass baking dish. Put a fan on low speed blowing across the dish to evaporate the remaining water, then scrape up the sticky resin. You can cap this, or just roll them into little sticky resin balls (which takes much less time). These can be stored in the freezer for a long time. Whenever you are ready to eat them, you can just coat them in flour, corn starch, or whatever to mask the taste, and then just swallow them with water. One benefit to using caps is that they are ready to go whenever, but the resin can be really, really sticky.

To reduce the nausea from the cactus material itself, lots of ginger helps for me. To reduce nausea from the mescaline (only really beneficial in higher doses of mesc), ondansetron is good.

I'll second capping and eating unprepared cactus = massive nausea. It was almost identical to eating fresh cactus, but even fresh cactus was better.

IMHO/AFAIK Trichocereus species Pachanoi, Peruvianus and Bridgesi are more-or-less the same once you eat them. They're pretty much just mescaline in terms of psychoactive chemicals, but maybe with varying potencies. From what I've read there's not a clear champion for potency, although Peruvianus gets most of the votes. Peyote on the other hand has a plethora of psychoactive alkyloids, with mescaline being the most (and arguably only) important one.

There is likely as much - or more - variance in mescaline content from one cactus specimen to another within the same species, as there is variance in mean mescaline content between species. And there is probably no other chemical in these Trichocereus cacti aside from mescaline that is at all trippy.

In my experience Bridgesii has been consistently the strongest - definitely agree that there is a lot of variance within the same species though.