Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

San Pedro Microdosing

DeUser

Greenlighter
Hey bluelighters,

I have some very good experiences with microdosing LSD and now I thought, why not try the same with San Pedro. I want to benefit from the whole alkaloid profile of San Pedro, not just mescaline, so please don't tell me to do an extraction ;)

So my plan is as follows:

1. Remove needles and outer skin
2. Weigh out 20g(fresh)
3. Put in the blender with some water
4. Drink

Is there anything speaking against my plan? Is it necessary to cook San Pedro or is it only recommended? Is there anything toxic in fresh cactus? Will my stomach be able to handle it?

Thank you for your answers

DeUser

Last edited:
I've only ever eaten it raw. I don't think there toxins in San Pedro that you have to cook it to get rid of them, but hopefully others will chime in on that if I'm wrong.

Your stomach should able to handle it, I've eaten a lot more than 20g without feeling any stomach discomfort. The hardest part, for me anyways, is getting it past my mouth because it is so intensely bitter.

Let us know how it goes.

Are you planning on microdosing in the sense of doing it repeatedly, like every day or something?

On a side note, did you microdose chronically with LSD? How does tolerance build for you in microdosing?

Have you ever drank cactus snot before? It's pretty punishing.

I hear freezing the cactus beforehand helps break down the cell walls, making it easier to blend. After it's thawed, of course.

First of all, thanks for all the replys. I will try the San Pedro microdose today. Haven't frozen anything, so I hope my blender won't die :D

Are you planning on microdosing in the sense of doing it repeatedly, like every day or something?

I do plan on doing it repeatedly. I can't tell yet if I will do it everyday, since I first have to find out about stuff like tolerance buildup.

On a side note, did you microdose chronically with LSD? How does tolerance build for you in microdosing?

So far I haven't noticed any tolerance buildup. However, I only started two weeks ago and have made 2-day pauses once a week. I just split a strong blotter(Dalai Lama, supposed to have ~220mcg) in about 6 equal pieces using scissors(there's no exact measurement involved, I just try to do it as exact as possible). I take those microdoses in the morning. What I have noticed so far is really good mood for the whole day. I'm pro-social and easily engage in conversation. I can easily focus on my work. I tend to not waste any time but to use every minute wisely. My pupils stay normal and nobody asks if I'm feeling okay or if there's any problem, so I think it goes unnoticed.

I'll keep you updated on how the San Pedro Microdosing goes for me.

wouldn't it be easier to just extract the stuff and then do your "microdose" with the extracted material...or am I missing the point?

wouldn't it be easier to just extract the stuff and then do your "microdose" with the extracted material...or am I missing the point?

If I understand correctly, he wants the benefits of the full-alkaloid content, not just the mescaline.

hmmmm...ok, whatever floats yer boat....couldn't you still do an EtOH full spectrum pull and not have to drink "cactus snot"?...just drink the ethanol?...double whammy, everybody wins!

There's only another 6 or 7 alkaloids in san pedro isn't there? And none of those are psychoactive.

There's only another 6 or 7 alkaloids in san pedro isn't there? And none of those are psychoactive.

Just because they aren't psychoactive doesn't mean they aren't beneficial in other ways. I'm not versed in the effects of the other alkaloids but I can definitely say that I've personally had different experiences from extracted mescaline vs tea/raw. I think it's possible that the alkaloids all kind of synergize to effect the resulting experience a bit, but then again it could just be psychosomatic.

I think some of them are actually active, although individually you'd likely not experience much of a difference. 3-MT is one of these, apparently it's an agonist of TAAR1! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-Methoxytyramine

As for the OP, your stomach should be fine! I felt a bit nauseous after ingesting 25-30g of dried cactus, so you should definitely be ok with 20g fresh.

Not trying to be rude, but I don't see this working out in the long or medium term. Maybe some enlightenment or something the first few days, but your body will adapt to the constant levels of cactus alkaloids. Mescaline containing cacti has such a rich ceremonial history among humans, it kinda goes against the grain of what natures given us. But good luck though, i think my digestive system would revolt around the second or third day lol!

Sorry for the late update. I did a first experiment with 20g last weekend. Didn't really feel any effects despite some minor stomach discomfort, which then also lead to psychological discomfort, because I was worrying if everything will be going good. I'm planning to do a 50g experiment this weekend, but first I want to ensure that my San Pedro is legit and not some other cactus, so I have made some pics:

Those are terrible pictures, but if even if they weren't it's damn difficult to ID columnar cacti, and if that weren't difficult we still can't ID on bluelight cause it's against the forum rules.

Nevermind then, I wasn't intending to break any rules(though I'm curious about the reason for that rule). I guess I'll just try it out tomorrow then.

^ I think the reason is that it's too easy to dish out advice that isn't any good, or reliable, people making guesses and misleading others, potentially putting others at risk (the MO of this site is Harm Reduction).

Keep us posted.

I have had a little experience with this. I was working on a farm in Peru, in an area that has a strong history with ritualised San Pedro use. Anyway, we would micro dose a weak san pedro tea when doing intense physical labour (in conjunction with chewing coca) or for any digestive problems. I absolutely loved it for both uses, a mild stimulation that doesn't force itself upon you and lasts the whole day! Does cool things for your dreams that night also.

They make the tea by skinning it, chopping it up and boiling for about 10 hours, keeping the water level high. With one micro dose being equivalent to a couple inches of cacti (thick though!).
Oh also didn't notice any tolerance issues, but the most consistent I did it was 3 days in a row.

Micro dosing is the best, was going to try similar experiments soon!

Last edited: