• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia, The Conveyor Belt & Other Common Themes

I've merged this in with an earlier thread about "The Salvia Conveyor Belt" as it's another very common theme of Salvia trips and this could maybe extend the topic a lil discuss other themes :)

Sounds good. I have experienced every single one of these common themes talked about.
My farris wheel is a revolving door tho. What about any entity contact, Gnomes. Aliens?

Ug soo weird. I have seen multiples of myself before in rows. Like a flipbook

I don't often stray into PD, but I was wandering through today and this caught my eye.

Hahaha! Forgot about this. My how things change :D

As I don't think I've really smoked any Salvia since (maybe a forgettable tad or two and some very mellow oral tincture) I don't really have much more to add. Other than the conveyor belt thing my Salvia trips have usually been too chaotic to make much sense of :\

A common theme for me has been the abyss... Just a white expanse... But its never just an abyss, there is a color scheme to the other things in this abyss.... One being a giant red and white circus tent, the other being an infinitley streatching system of interconnected triangles made of candy canes and people... lots of red and white....

As far as the conveyer belt, kind of but not really in other trips i have had.... I was made to walk along this set path which kind of looped around... every now and then the world would deconstruct and reconstruct into something else but the general idea of it was my death and judgement in the form of a talk show... I ended up walking into a camp fire...

It seems that when i am in salvia land, whether or not i have a tangible body will be the difference between laying there and getting up and walking around....

When in a ++++ out of body salvia experience when I was completely gone and seeing random worlds gnomes and doorways. My tangible body (vessel) responded to someone

when they asked me if I was ok. "he is not here right now"

I have no reccolection of saying this and I wouldnt for that matter.

I also told some friends to "follow me!!! " into the void I had created, and I jumped off a couch backfliped and landed on a table...

Im pretty sure that was my body talking not me, or someone in control of it.

^^ did you land the backflip?

If you did that would be astounding....
Weird. Check out this from the B&D Salvia thread. From this post.
Well, one kid named J packs a bowl. Before I notice he's outside, standing, hitting it. It hit him almost instantly. I didn't get outside until he was seriously disassociated. He's pulling his mouth open with his hands, and starts trying to do flips in this narrow kitchen, ending up on the ground and moving very bizarrely. Everyone's asking him questions(imagine how this would feel while under the effects of salvia) and he's unresponsive.

After a couple of minutes he began talking back to us, but the rest of the night he was really quiet and kept to himself.
Of all the things to suggest themselves as salvia trip themes, flips!

I get something like a conveyor belt.
A Conveyor belt of things happening around me.
Never ending conveyor belt.

I vastly prefer sublingual liquid experiences, much gentler and easier to actually remember and learn from.

BUT... though it's been a couple years, here are a couple common themes that seemed to keep repeating for me during a period when I was experimenting with smoke:

1 - White picket fence / green grass lawn / blue sky with puffy white clouds / strong feeling of calm, quiet, dreamy, floaty idyllic-ness.

2 - Being at some sort of carnival in/on some sort of ride or funhouse... a whole bunch of other people/beings milling about all pretty much in their own head space kinda ignoring each other, but all gathered on this one "physical" place of this "carnival"

Last edited:
ive made a trip report on my salvia experience it was kind of like this check it out through my profile

Has anyone noticed the pages flipping heavier? Like the book is getting bigger. You can even read the last word and get up and look at it. My head hurts afterwards.. I don't think I was supposed to read the ending. I might have ducked it up.. I started writing all stupid and that's how it starts isn't good. Ouw.. I wrote it ended good but now gravity is all messed up.

To get a better understanding on the dynamics of "salvia space" I'd highly recommend experimenting with high doses of dissociatives in which salvia is smoked during the peak of the experience. If Ketamine is not available to you then Dextromethorphan works fine. You don't have to feel like you're being pressured to get the timing right and you'll have plenty of time to experience the mix multiple times throughout the experience. The conveyor belt sensations are amplified to the point where you're being engulfed by a void at mind blowing speeds. You are no longer human and there's no telling where you're going to go. Salvia mixed with psychedelics and dissociatives are just unfathomable.

Sorry for the bump but I found this idea simultaneously astonishing and horrifying. I'm assuming psychosis is likely and quite possibly permanent?

I've been reading a lot of experiences on erowid and BL and a personal close friend did a Salvia trip recently. All of those experiences have made me wary, cautious, but also very interested. My friend is up for letting me take a hit and tripsit me.
I haven't done anything else, other than LSD, so my concern is the inhaling part. I have never smoked and although I tried weed once or twice, it didn't work for me because my lungs violently refuse smoke. Any non-smokers that have any experience? I don't wanna ruin my friend's stash :)

Other than that, does the mindset you start with, make any difference? I would assume I should start off embracing Salvia and respect it's use and to "enjoy" the ride, or does it matter very little?

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie :)

Just an update on the previous post: I've had the Salvia experience and it was humbling and very otherwordly. I've been trying for weeks now to find a proper way to describe the experience, but I'm not sure if I can.

I had never smoked from a bong before. In fact, I hadn't done anything else other than LSD. Everything was new to me. Since I have never smoked, the idea of inhaling was a little daunting, I was afraid I'd ruin my friend's stash. Luckily, he was patient and kind to explain everything to me in detail. I was in my living room, sitting crosslegged on my sofa, with a blanket, some mild, easy music in the background (Tipper). It was about 2 in the morning, in the afterglow of doing about 200 ùg of 1P-LSD earlier that day. Ergo: the setting was mild, friendly, loving, warm.

I was nervous, after all the things I had read and inhaled two puffs of smoke. I don't remember putting down the bong, apparently I kept holding it in a sort of frozen like state. I did remember saying wow and looking to the right. The last thing I very, very clearly remember was the following:
After inhaling, time felt like it slowed down, my hearing became warm and hollow. Much like the "bullet-time" effect you see in games and movies. At the same time, the progress of time was relentless. For some reason, it felt like something or someone turned my head towards the right. Soon thereafter, the top and the bottom of my spine felt whitehot. Not unpleasant, nor pleasant. As I became aware of the sensation, I felt as if my body was being swayed to the right. In rotation, clockwise. Around that time, I can only deduce I lost sense of reality, although I'm afraid I don't remember much. I can only say that it felt like I was shortly introduced to another kind of existence. The idea (not the sensation) of a conveyor belt was present, though. I felt like I was witness to some sort of productivity. Things being moved about.
For those that played Half-Life 2, it felt like being in the citadel. It felt as if I was peeking through a window and witnessing. I had no idea what I was observing, although at the time itself, I wasn't concerned with the fact that I didn't know what I was witnessing. I was just there.

I popped out of it and remember sitting up for a bit, realizing I was with friends, which, somehow, felt extremely comforting. Eventually and apparently I dropped out again, but I don't remember anything of what happened afterwards.

Another very apparent feeling, is that I didn't transcend, hallucinate, or anyhting of the like, but was removed from my body and returned shortly thereafter. What was terrifying about that experience, is that ominous feeling of impending doom. A restlessness, anxiousness that I might get stuck in that other "realm", never to return to my body, leaving behind an empty shell. Although, maybe, it's that same feeling you get when you leave on vacation and you start to worry that might've left a faucet running. Afterwards, I came to the realization that we are all magnificently orchestrated machines of sinew, flesh, bone and muscle. I get that same idea after a good acid trip.

All in all, a humbling experience. One of my friends filmed me and that was a very alien thing to see, seeing sitting there, completely out of it.

-Shawman Salvia...The surrounding world and universe. My 3 experiences.

What I have come to realize from my own personal experiences is that we are all part of this
world/machine. I was watching a podcast on the internet, it starts out with an animated
paintbrush, that paints the people in the studio, then they are slowly animated. It is an
animated show. Well, I will just say that, once it hit, (the salvia) it was perfect timing.
The paintbrush not only painted them, (like it does on their show/podcast) but went outside
the frame. It started painting the walls with various colors shown on the TV. It kept painting
as I started to feel awkward/panicky. It started to cover the floor, walls, and ceiling as it crept
forward. I know from previous experiences with other types of tools, the worst thing is to not
fight it. So I tried to relax, it then crept up my legs, painted my legs on up until I was fully
saturated. My chair I was sitting in also was painted. I then was part of the chair, felt like
I couldn't move. Kind of a pricking feeling came over me, like I get when my foot falls asleep.
I then realized that everything around me is me, and I am it.

Another incident is when I was walking outside, to around the corner where the grass is.
I know how this stuff hits you in seconds. This wasn't a controlled situation, as I had
loaded some salvia on top of a bowl of weed. I took one huge puff, proceeded/rushed through
the rocks to get to the grass/safety pad...lol Right before I got there, I fell into the rocks.
(You should be very careful where you are at, as you can fall and hurt yourself) My timing was
off, so I am not sure if I hit the back of my head or what. I didn't hurt or anything, so....But
anyways, to the trip. I awoke in this desert with my head tilted to the side. "I really was just
looking at the rocks and a bush we had planted." But to me, it was a huge expansive desert.
I couldn't turn my head. I saw this guy sweeping this rug, the rug was the world/environment/
desert. As he swept, he was whistling, and with every push of his long shop broom, he started
to roll up this flat world/environment I was in. I felt as though he was rolling up a flat rug,
a rug that included every feature of the desert I was in, curling it. I knew that he was approaching,
and that soon, I would be rolled up into the environment as well. I said in my mind, "bring it on!"
as I was laughing. Surely enough, he swept the curling rug/environment up to my body. As
I had suspected, I was soon rolled up in this rug as he kept on sweeping. I started to laugh
because my head and legs were sticking out of both ends of the carpet, which looked like
it had been painted with every environmental detail of my surrounding. I then came out of
it, laughing to tears...lol I got up, shook it off, felt my head to make sure I was ok from where
I landed. I never made it to the grass. But I bet if I did, perhaps it would have been a whole
different world I was wrapped in. An expansive grassland perhaps, with every detailed feature
included.

My last and best experience, I set the mood, as I know from previous tools used, the
environment you are in can really impact your ceremony/trip. I had my closet open, with a
wireless speaker that changes colors. I stopped it at blue, as for me that is my most relaxing
color. I went to Ytube and put on some music from a game I used to play, Heroes of MM 2.
It's a very spiritual and classical type of music. So onward! I held it in for quite a while,
then released. As it crept up on me quickly, as it tends to do, "30 seconds or less," I noticed
a new world. I was looking into a funnel, This funnel had a spiral design of few colors, red, white
and blue. It spiraled all the way down to the small outlet of the funnel, like a quarter spinning
down one of those donation funnels. I felt as tough I needed to exit through the small outlet,
because I felt the walls closing in. I could feel gravity pushing against my skin and body, more
and more as I got closer down the funnel. For some odd reason, all of a sudden, I saw this
long green neck sticking through the small opening I was trying to get out of. I started to climb
this neck because gravity was pulling me back down to the big end of the funnel. I fought
gravity, climbed up this neck, and finally out of the funnel, only to expose a dragons head.
As if almost instinctively, I grabbed the neck of the dragon and choked him out. I think
the funnel must have closed as well, as it didn't take much for me to choke him out. Perhaps
he was choked out by the funnel as well. The rest of his neck and head sticking out of the funnel
collapsed. "By the way, when I got out of the funnel, I was in the universe, looking at the stars
and universe, plus the collapsed dragons head after I had finished him off." Once he collapsed
his head and neck, it fell downward. I felt as though if I had won, beaten the beast. I got
confirmation as I looked down, as there was a grassland village full of people looking up at
me in the universe cheering, giving each other cheers, clapping, etc. The music slowly faded
away, as did the trip. There I was, a hero, but now sitting, looking at the blue illuminated wall.
In complete silence, comfort and feeling of accomplishment. I really broke through this time I
thought. It was a good one! :) Be safe people! Thank you for your time! -Shawman

Has anyone noticed the pages flipping heavier? Like the book is getting bigger. You can even read the last word and get up and look at it. My head hurts afterwards.. I don't think I was supposed to read the ending. I might have ducked it up.. I started writing all stupid and that's how it starts isn't good. Ouw.. I wrote it ended good but now gravity is all messed up.

I would absolutely love to know what all this is about. I think I'll PM them.

Last edited:
I vastly prefer sublingual liquid experiences, much gentler and easier to actually remember and learn from.

BUT... though it's been a couple years, here are a couple common themes that seemed to keep repeating for me during a period when I was experimenting with smoke:

1 - White picket fence / green grass lawn / blue sky with puffy white clouds / strong feeling of calm, quiet, dreamy, floaty idyllic-ness.

2 - Being at some sort of carnival in/on some sort of ride or funhouse... a whole bunch of other people/beings milling about all pretty much in their own head space kinda ignoring each other, but all gathered on this one "physical" place of this "carnival"

well I like smoking extract best, but got many similar experiences including:

3 - bright colored plastic living toys (train, car, duck, box, etc.) moving around on the white tile bathroom floor (closed eye and opened eye)

4 - vines growing and branching from nodes in vines that are branching and growing. (geometric polyopia)

5 - fragments of this world extending in 4-d of 3-d motion like the pages of a book but not flat. (polyopia of a limb multiplied or a person in motion multiplied.)

6 - My aunts taking me to task about what my brother or my cousin is doing.

7 - direct cognition into the complex motives of all people involved in a scenario

8 - people on TV talking directly to me and telling me different stuff than they speak to the general audience.

9 - people have extra multiples of eyes like spongle (polyopia)

10 - trails in visual field as well as sensory (body feeling) trails/echoes and audio trails.

etc. ( I have a few dozen books full of reports)