• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia, The Conveyor Belt & Other Common Themes

rickolasnice said:
I just read a post from TwistedReality in the Bad Trip thread which made me remember that all of my salvia experiences (around 10) have included this kinda thing. It's like all existance, or a major part of it is on a conveyor belt, moving in whatever direction.

This is hard to explain so sorry but i'll try:

A few times i've done salvia it feels as though i am part of the machine. The machine being EVERYTHING. Reality and existance. It takes on a spherical shape and i am one side of it, looking through to the other (like i am a part of the inside of a ball looking at the other side) and everything i can see or hear is part of this same machine. The machine is constantly "rolling" as if it were a spherical conveyor belt.

Anyone else get this kinda conveyor belt feeling / hallucination?
this is exactly how salvia feels to me too. except that for me the whole experience doesn't feel spheric; chaotic would be more matching.

I always enter exact the same state when smoking salvia; I always remember immedeately when the effects kick in. but somehow this state seems familiar from long ago - maybe from some childhood dreams?

glassywear said:
some kind of mill

Yeah, the what called zipper, rips and chews our souls to bread if can. I'm serious. :| Grain mill. Rippes to half and chews people.
Forget "reality alter machinery" to this that, experiences wide from edge to edge(i know that! :) ), it has to be God, shamanism. I'm not just reading these and try impress. really, me is social dork but try explore. It is fun hobby.

i know my personality is not very fit to this board but i like it very much and i am fan of many stars here. Their attitude. It is fun and when i if i can start reading more better then it is nice to have some acception. What is that ashamed. "Harassing" is personal stupidness, not purpose and motive.

I think if time is taken to read into what you're saying, there's a lot of insight in there, which is why I am not sure whether you're insane or not.

But I do have to say in all honesty that I fear for your sanity.

OK. i'm not going to check the semantic or logic of this thread. it's ready. End of alien bullshit. War, Andromeda, lack of food, that why with blues(helium based, they had constructive defence). Facing problem they have because pink funfun. 1 000 000 years a time. Moderator bans, especific gipsy muslim button shirt psychiatrists.

Next it is The structure of Soul. And mind(how it works). In other threads. The Chacras and levels of telepathy. And the Euforia.

It is: it is how it is. is what. and how. and why. But no need for serious delevopement. It is a case of feel nice to be monkey. Around here. Dustonia, or whatever lies.

Last edited:
salvia conveyor belt explained! (maybe): Salvia noodles

many of you have noticed the big salvia conveyor belt thread:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=392699

in the thread many many people realized that we have had a shared experience on salvia, though we have called it different things

we are all being forced along a path, on some sort of conveyor belt, within a geometrical machine

when i made my reply i suggested it might be a clue or link to new physics required to understand consciousness, because the experience includes a lot of things like time distortion/ripping and space distortion/ripping and odd material and odd forces (someone else alluded to quantum weirdness and such being present)

another person added that if our consciousness can experience something so non-functional and so intensely non-normal in terms of everything we've experienced before, perhaps consciousness is not just emerging from a pattern (aka neural networks or other information processing networks) that evolved, but something more fundamental to our universe, because when we disturb the energy pattern we call the brain with salvia our consciousness still does not give way

well i have an explanation why instead of passing out, we experience the salvia machine instead :p

---

every time i went on the conveyor belt, all around me were what i will call salvia noodles. they are striped in color usually (mine were often red-yellow-red-yellow), in my trips they looked metallicy/shiny but also cartoony

does anyone else get the salvia noodles? any striped structures, or pipelines, wires or strings or tubes basically, going in the direction of the conveyor belt

(the way they look makes it seem as if they are part of the actual structure of my consciousness itself... ive seen structures made of that material while in very deep exploration of self on other psychedelics and sober... i believe it might be part of the framework of my consciousness itself. and of course, it is not a real 'material' so to speak)

---

there is something else that the salvia noodles look like: world lines. particles like photons that are following out their trajectories (according to whatever laws 'govern' their behavior) trace out world lines

in the salvia trip, you see these worldines all around you, and the crazy thing is that you yourself are being forcefully pushed along with these worldlines!

so the picture is that you are being pulled along by some force, and that same force drags along those noodles as well

just like anything else we know of, you are being taken down paths due to the physical laws governing your constituent entities/particles. you are totally integrated into this universe, not separate at all, you are just like a particle. you are an electron, forced towards the proton, in a sense

the salvia machine is the structure that gives rise to your conscious awareness (aka, qualia), and the action of the chemical salvinorin A takes you to the 'bottom of the rabit hole' of consciousness

---

it does this by stripping away all cognition and mental faculties, including the senses and reasoning, by disrupting the neural network which serves as information-bridge between the consciousness and the rest of the brain composed of normal matter that we know about,

the result being that all you experience is the structure which is giving rise to consciousness, and the emotion of fear

if this is true, since it is a visual experience,
* consciousness and the brain first linked by having the consciousness intercept visual information through the above mentioned (but at that time primitively evolved) bridge
* and the first feedback (and subjective feeling for itself) that the consciousness was able to give to the brain was fear
* free will is an illusion which is obliterated by salvia (hence the forced path you must take during the experience) because with the above mentioned bridge severed, the part of the brain providing that illusion is no longer sending/recieving information to the consciousness 'machine'. (maybe this is why the experience is scary, though? then we'd have to rethink all of this. which is of course what i expect most of you to do, this is but one stepping stone idea, perhaps it is way off course [actually.. probably is way off course]. but perhaps we can get somewhere?)

---

so the action of the chemical salvinorin A must be on the neural system that directly feeds and gets feedback from whatever is producing qualia (hehe, i already suspected that an opiate/endorphin system would be the one)

it disrupts this system, so much that it severes or nearly severes and so YOU (you are your consciousness) no longer recieve/send info from the parts of the brain that A. recieve data from the outside world, B. think about stuff C. feel things D. etc; you just experience whatever there is when all of that is gone: the pattern creating your consciousness itself

all conscious and nonconscious cognition is stripped except the bare essence/structure of the 'machine' creating said consciousness, and you get a look at that machine

---

thanks for reading, sorry for the length

lets build on this or start from scratch and try to see if we can figure things out about this crazy salvia universe

qwe

but the experience of the "red-green vines" (as some call them) is an experience of qualia.

I just read a post from TwistedReality in the Bad Trip thread which made me remember that all of my salvia experiences (around 10) have included this kinda thing. It's like all existance, or a major part of it is on a conveyor belt, moving in whatever direction.

This is hard to explain so sorry but i'll try:

A few times i've done salvia it feels as though i am part of the machine. The machine being EVERYTHING. Reality and existance. It takes on a spherical shape and i am one side of it, looking through to the other (like i am a part of the inside of a ball looking at the other side) and everything i can see or hear is part of this same machine. The machine is constantly "rolling" as if it were a spherical conveyor belt.

Anyone else get this kinda conveyor belt feeling / hallucination?

Anyone have any ideas as to what causes it? (The push / pull feeling salvia gives probably has something to do with it)..

I'm not very experienced with Salvia, but I can relate. I haven’t gone too far into Salvia space yet, but my one main trip involved a distinct, very confusing and somewhat disturbing feeling similar to what you and others describe. I would say the fabric of existence was being pulled in one direction, and my mind was trying to resist it but was eventually pulled too. Light and sound were both pulled and distorted as such, but the really weird feeling which I fail to be able to describe properly is my very sense of reality being dragged along.

The people who introduced me to Salvia told me it is normal to experience one of two major set of affects. Their descriptions were hard for me to understand as their native language is not the same as mine but essentially they said the first affect feels like you are a living organism and your 'rooting' or settling into the reality around you. The second affect they described as being pulled down a cosmic spiral, on and on. I think the latter is what I felt.

Interesting thread, Salvia seems a very complicated substance.

qwe, I absolutely love this explanation, well thought out!

I can't say I agree with it 100% .... I mean which is real... Salvia? Ketamine? DMT?

They all seem to strip you down to the "core" nature of things. Yet they all provide drastically different experiences.

One clue that leads me to believe maybe Salvia space isn't necessarily an experience of impartial truth, is that I have never experienced noodles or "red-green-vines". I have experienced, become part of, and sucked along the path of plant-eyeballs, geometric shapes, and various other repeating, churning, organic-machine-like patterns.

This would lead me to believe that our imagination is still quite active even during a strong Salvia experience, and therefore while our experience may give us a view into another dimension of experience, it can't be an experience of universal truth.

Unless truth is subjective.

To get a better understanding on the dynamics of "salvia space" I'd highly recommend experimenting with high doses of dissociatives in which salvia is smoked during the peak of the experience. If Ketamine is not available to you then Dextromethorphan works fine. You don't have to feel like you're being pressured to get the timing right and you'll have plenty of time to experience the mix multiple times throughout the experience. The conveyor belt sensations are amplified to the point where you're being engulfed by a void at mind blowing speeds. You are no longer human and there's no telling where you're going to go. Salvia mixed with psychedelics and dissociatives are just unfathomable.

I'm the person you're referring to in the beginning of your post qwe, and so I'll defend my original conception. As stated in the Salvia and the Conveyor Belt thread, I believe that many of the shared thematic elements of a salvia trip stem, in part, from salvinorin A’s action on the human somatosensory system i.e. sensations of motion and repetition evoke memories of things that have these qualities: ferris wheels, printing presses, saw blades, conveyor belts etc, and those memories are integrated and fantastically elaborated on during the trip. I don’t mean it to go any deeper than to say this theory aids in an explanation of why certain visualizations pop up more than would otherwise be expected. The details between user’s trips are extremely various, and don’t always include these visualizations. And so, while I admire your ambition and willingness to stick your neck out qwe (wish more would), extrapolating from the particular details of your own experience to conclusions about the structure and nature of consciousness at its barest levels, as you already have written, is probably off course. It’s difficult to imagine witnessing the production of qualia (which I don't believe are produced from just special arrangements of matter and process, but rather are inherent in all matter), as our unified awareness of that observation must seemingly itself consist of a higher-order assemblage of qualia (as I believe thenightwatch is alluding to above.) A fish can’t know that water feels wet, so to speak.

I do share your intuition that salvia wipes away the self-concept quite effectively, and in a way that may reveal something very fundamental. Other psychedelics do this as well—most of us have read about it as “ego death”—but salvia has the rare quality, at least sometimes for some people, of replacing that self-concept with another unrelated, or sometimes temporally transposed, self-concept (like our self concept when we were 6 years old and being pushed on a swing—another repetitive sensation of movement—as one friend of mine recalls.) I’ve thought I was an animal living in 2-dimensions waiting to go down a slide into the 3rd dimension, a bird-like geometric entity joining with other similar entities and firing across a torrid landscape as a ray of light, myself in daycare at age 7 with the group on our way outside to play, two things at once—neither human. I’ve certainly read similar accounts of “identity substitution” from others.

What’s fascinating about this is how deeply engrained identity formation must be in our minds for this to happen at all. Within seconds of its natural state’s obliteration by salvia, the mind is gathering the absurd fragments of itself, cobbling them together into nonsensical aggregates, and attempting to place them into narratives seemingly divorced from the environment surrounding us. (Perhaps, as you've stated, because we are in part dissociated from the input of our sense organs, though there are reports that suggest the outside environment does sometimes have profound affects on a salvia trip.) Yet we (I) believe that we possess said identities and share in their ludicrous story to the point of getting up and walking around.

Shifting back to the panexperiential paradigm discussed in the other thread, I personally believe the reason for the salvia experience might be because our unified “sober” awareness (our normal self-construct)— understood physically as special electrochemical activity occurring within a familiar range of brain-matter arrays (that possess their own inherent phenomenal properties as matter per pan experientialist doctrine)—is shifted to new brain-matter arrays by salvinorin A. These new arrays of brain-matter cannot support the sober self-construct, but are nevertheless subjected to the electrochemical patterns that would normally organize and unify that sober self-construct. That self-concept’s organizational pattern is forced from the normal, sober, and familiar range of brain-matter arrays by salvinorin A, and the brain mistakenly attempts to reestablish the self-concept pattern within new and “non-functional” brain-matter arrays. Consequently, absurd identities—incapable of supporting the self-reflection, logic, and critical thought that take place within the normal organizations of brain matter—are experienced and accepted wholesale.

At any rate, I find this conception of the world and consciousness truly awe inspiring, as it implies that the scope of possible experience is incomprehensibly vast.

Last edited:
ungelesene_bettlek said:
I always enter exact the same state when smoking salvia; I always remember immedeately when the effects kick in. but somehow this state seems familiar from long ago - maybe from some childhood dreams?
I wrote a report a long time ago for Erowid under a different pseudonym that brought up this childhood mood you mention. When I was a very young, I used to dream that I woke up in a different life, one estranged from all memory. I also used to muse about where people go when they disappear during magic tricks. As a child, I didn't perceive any trick, and instead I conjured a world that shared no qualities of our own as the intermittent destination of the magician's assistant, that way no aspect of her could shine through that banished world's cloak and into our own, and she would be truly gone. Salvia brought me straight back to the haunting essence of those nights in thought and dream. It's also been responsible for the reliving of childhood memories from within the body and mind of myself as a child, and so too with some of my friends.

I never had any conveyor belt type thing. What would happen at the higher doses would be that I would be staring out into wherever and I would see whatever was in front of me but I would be totally confused as to who I was, what I was seeing, where I was, et cetera. I remember falling onto a floor and looking under a chair, and while the chair legs looked like chair legs normally would, I interpreted them as columns in a cathedral and started laughing my head off.

I never did anything terribly weird on salvia, though, and I don't recall the effects ever being anything all that interesting to behold.

I have seen other people become totally incoherent and manifest complete amnesia from the experience, though.

rickolasnice said:
Anyone have any ideas as to what causes it? (The push / pull feeling salvia gives probably has something to do with it)..

I'd imagine it has to do with Salvia's dissociative effects and the brains attempts at gauging where the body is/what it is doing. I always go for a roller coaster ride on K and so far with my few Salvia uses, it seems to be going in that direction. I get this rushing feeling, conveyor belt wouldn't be how I'd describe it. It's kinda like...I am a train and I'm moving backwards or something.

No, I can't say I share these opinions, or the introspective process either. Salvia made me very high but even where I have memory gaps I don't recall truly hallucinating much, except maybe in the dark or with eyes closed (which yields some strange flashing fractal looking things usually). Usually when I'm past the peak I start to feel a little uncomfortable and my OCD goes crazy for about 30 minutes, and then for the next 30-90 minutes I feel euphoria and relaxation.

At least 60% of my salvia trips have involved some sort of 'machine' presence.

Gears that spin and sections of my surrounding 'scroll' I guess.

It's an intensely discomforting experience at times.

Shambles said:
^ Indeed. It's the "wandering urge" that is the only part of the salvia experience that I find genuinely worrying. What I found especially strange was that I was sat at my computer listening to music with headphones at the time, but when I "came to" I discovered that I had paused the music, taken the headphones off and not tripped over the wires (which I almost always do even when stone-cold sober) on my deranged spin through the Labyrinth. I was very much offworld - completely unaware of my surroundings - but some part of me was functioning in this world too.
Yes, I agree about one aspect remaining functional in this world. I've posted about this strange aspect of salvia in the B&D thread. That is,and this is not universal for all, the ability to successfully navigate the environment even as our awareness of what is happening takes no account of environmental obstacles.

For example, during one trip I ascended a flight of stairs without tumbling back down them and slalomed a group of roller chairs in the kitchen without banging my cock on their backrests. I finally sputtered into partial cognizance around the bathroom, confused as to how I could have got there (I actually did have a vague memory of the stairs and kitchen, it was just that at the time I was crossing them the fact of their existence did not create any cognitive dissonance with my belief in the goings on of the trip or the way I thought I was moving (flying).)

This phenomenon has given me a lot of experiential insight into a famous case study in neuropathology that examined a sufferer of visual agnosia, patient D.F. D.F. suffered brain damage that disrupted one of two major visual pathways in the brain. The result was that she could not recognize objects, their placement, or their orientations (or that's the gist of it.) What was amazing was that experimenters could give D.F. an envelope and tell her to drop it through a slot like she was sending something at the post office, and she could do it without hesitation. She couldn't recognize the envelope or the slot, but she could execute the proper movements to post the envelope. The undamaged path that is involved in organizing motor movements was still functional in D.F., even though she was not aware of what she doing in the same sense a normal person would have been.

Most of us naturally believe that we navigate our environment using our reflective awareness (envelope slot is oriented vertically, rotate wrist and envelope to proper position--or in my case--kitchen chair backrest approaching, alter trajectory of cock.) But reflection takes a lot of time and energy, and in reality, far more of what we do than we might have thought is relegated to non-conscious processes. There is a simpler non-conscious "recognition" in one stream for quick execution and a more complex recognition in reflective awareness in the other stream for things like planning and other mental simulations.

It may be that salvia hijacks the more complicated stream of visual awareness, but, for some at least, and to a partial degree, leaves the simpler stream intact. In my mind I needed to "catch up" with a group of entities that existed inside a mammoth blue "spine" that was snaking through some void lost by god--one even extended an appendage for me to grab before I came out of the trip. Every salvia trip of mine, with one exception, has shared this theme of needing to catch up with a group I belong to but that is moving away from me, and that is why I walk. But it seems that when you and I do walk, a different and better protected kind of intelligence, thankfully, holds sway. (I sometimes wonder if the reason some people CANNOT avoid walking into things is predominately because they're panicking.)

Last edited:
Recurring/common Salvia themes; gnomes ect

I just wanted to touch on some recurring themes I have noticed in my salvia experiences, trip reports and friends of mine.

1- Revolving door(membrane breakthrough) :

This one is where you feel like you are going around and around (like a windmill) and sometimes (most the time for me) you feel like you pass through a membrane and break through each time you spin. It feels like what entering a alternate dimention must feel like.
(or what it feels like to enter a book for gumby)

2- Gnomes :

About 1/2 of the people I talk to who have almost lucid breakthroughs have seen felt or been with gnomes. I have even heard 4 people describe them with the exact same words as I had and I used something so specific its hard to be coincidental. And that word was GUMBY. Im guessing someone else here will agree. GUMBY GUMBY. Some are short some are tall but they have a slant in their head like gumby. When i was in their dimension I had a slant on my head as well. I got mine from entering their dimension. Maybe thats how they got theirs.

3- Leggo land-

Simple as you feel like you fall and fit right into everything you manage to fall against. It feels also coincidentally like you in gumby land.

4- Compound understanding of life:

which is then forgotten upon ariving back on earth.

5- Scenes in a tv-show

Feeling as if you are 2d in a 3d representation. being whatched on tv real life on channel 9. (I have heard board game which I relate to this.) 2d....

Theres more but I will add more later if I get enough responses. I think this topic has been touched on bluelight but I think it should be looked into more. Its a unique psychadelic and I think its strikingly coincidental similaritys in peopls trips deserves a closer look. Sorry to ramble and sound crazy. Redbull vodkas liquid coke and sativa

You're not rambling, nor do you sound crazy. Mind you, I'm on malt liquor and Focalin, so I understand. ;)

Whenever I smoke salvia, I experience a physical pull to the right. Several of my friends have reported the same sensation. Also, of course, I feel that "fall" into "salvia space" (i.e. the alternate dimension in which the salvia experience occurs). The funny thing is, though, it is always ocurring to the right of me. I'll get pulled to the right into "salvia space". Never to the left. :/

^ thank you, and I have noticed that I get pulled and rolled to my right as well. I have fallen to my left in reality but felt the fall to the right in my trip.

Best way to see the gnomes is to have a blindfold and headphones with ambient music.... 8)=D

And i want some dexmet 2x ritalin not fair