• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [Salvia Subthread] Buccal (quid) / Sublingual / Oral Salvia

It sounds like you were feeling the effects. The quid method doesn't blast you out of this world like smoking it does, you get a more subtle prolonged trip comparatively.

Well, I guess I got excited bc I have heard some people say that sublingual can be almost as powerful as smoking except it doesn't come on as fast. http://www.spiritplants.org/salvia-plane/topic258.html This is what got me all hard.

[
] Also, don't take salvia recreationally/ to get messed up, its a powerful plant and will kick your ass if you're not careful.

lol, If it will kick my ass doesn't that mean I SHOULD take it if I want to get messed up? I'm not sure what you mean by "messed up". I'd just get drunk if I wanted that. And I do want it to kick my ass. I want to get my ass kicked extremely hard. I'm not (too) afraid of ego death and seeing weird things. That's what I want but I seem to be tolerant to this plant. From what I've experienced, I can't imagine why anyone would be afraid of this drug. Then I read of people who get blasted to a different dimension and it's the most powerful thing ever and I want that. Well, I have 200g of peruvian torch and a 40g ayahuasca trip waiting if my salvia extract fails (going to try extract next week).

What exactly were you expecting?

Visuals of some kind. Hypnagogic imagery doesn't count. I wanted to see things. I've actually had stronger hypnagogic imagery from Silene Capensis.

I am certain that salvia is very selective. It doesn't kick everyone's ass. In fact, there seem to be quite a few people who's asses don't get kicked at all. I've read some people say you HAVE to smoke 40x or more to get to level 5, and others who say anything above 15x is overkill, and 10x is just fine for the highest level. I can understand why some would say use caution with it, but I'm frustrated now.

I have found chewing a quid to be quite a powerful experience.

I sat down and placed 8g of leaf in my mouth at once (without soaking) and began to chew. I can't remember how long I chewed for, but it was over half an hour, possibly an hour.

Next time I will try dry leaves, as I think osmosis will occur more easily this way, and I'll be able to hold even more. I admit also I gagged several times and almost barfed. It wasn't that they tasted bad.... my throat just rejected something about the leaves.

I was surprised at how tired I became. I would love to use it as a sleep aid except it made me pee so much, I wouldn't sleep for long.

YOU HAVE TO USE FRESH LEAFS PICKED DIRECTLY FROM A LIVING PLANT!

How many times do I have to say this?

The only way to get this experience is to GROW THE FUCKING PLANT!

Oh wise sage Teotcoatl, will you please show us the path to true enlightenment?

You're so kind and gentle, you must know the true path..

YOU HAVE TO USE FRESH LEAFS PICKED DIRECTLY FROM A LIVING PLANT!

How many times do I have to say this?

The only way to get this experience is to GROW THE FUCKING PLANT!

That's not true at all. There are many successful reports from people who use dry leaves, and in fact the dry leaves are probably superior bc you can fit more in your mouth, AND absorb more of the active ingredient. If the leaves are mostly water, that's mostly what you're going to absorb sublingually.. The dryness doesn't seem to affect amount of salvinorin.

And now I shall personally vouch for the effectiveness of sublingual dried leaves. As I said the first time I tried it, I used a quid method in which I soaked the leaves for 10 mins and stuffed as much as I could in my mouth.

Last night I tried dry leaves with no soaking and it was vastly superior. Instead of cramming 10g in my mouth at once, I just fit as much under my tongue as I could, lied down to allow it get to my throat, and I layed there and and chewed every so often. Spit that out every 10-15 minutes and repeated with a couple fresh leaves. I didn't bother swallowing all the saliva that collects, or the leaves. I spit them out each time I put in a fresh quid. I think swallowing the leaves will just make you have to pee a lot more. Repeated 4 times. I used half the amount of leaves as I used the first time, it tasted a lot more tolerable, and it produced a trip at least twice as strong, and the trip lasted a good 6 hours! I was shocked.

Here's why chewing dry leaves un-soaked is superior.

= Putting dry leaves in my mouth was surprisingly much LESS bitter compared to their soaked taste. Quite mild when they're totally dry. I didn't gag on dry leaves once, while I was almost puking every few seconds on soaked leaves.

= Your mouth won't get all full of water immediately, so you'll be able to absorb more potency, and you won't feel the need to swallow right away.

TRIP REPORT:

First started chewing at 11:15 pm. Effects became undeniably noticeable after about an hour. I was listening to music and noticed I was getting all sorts of hypnagogic imagery. With eyes closed I put my hand over my face, and tried to imagine seeing my hand with my eyes closed. Not only did I "see" my hand, but when I moved my hand, I could see a whole new world that was being born in front of me with fantastic swirling skies and just sheer awesomeness. I started seeing other beings in this new realm. I imagined that the song I was listening to, these beings were playing it to welcome me in to this new realm.

I got up to go to the bathroom and as I looked at myself in the mirror I noticed how dream like everything was. It was like being awake in a dream. I felt very tranced, as if my regular consciousness had gone to sleep, yet I was still somehow viewing everything while asleep. It was kinda spooky, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Well anyway, I'd go back and listen to music, seeing awesome things, and basically realizing that the fabric of reality had been pulled back, and I was viewing from some kind of "witnessing" point of view. That went on for a few hours. Time seemed to pass fast. Before I knew it, it was 3am, then 4am, and the strong imagery remained.

I thought it would wear off by this point, and by this point I was hoping it would wear off because it was time to go to sleep, but I couldn't sleep because my mind was so active, even though I was very tired.

Any time I came close to getting to sleep, the visuals would become real. Up to this point I was only having intense imagination images, but now I was starting to literally see things right in front of me. I was quite scared actually, as I've never hallucinated before. I figured if I kept my eyes open the visions would subside, but for a while I was totally hallucinating with eyes open. At this peak of the trip, at about 5am or so, the visuals came so fast and crazy I had no idea what to make of them, it was just a blur of stuff coming in wicked fast. My eyes were moving really fast and I was grabbing at these things going by fast. I looked at my hand and I had more fingers and it was all distorted.

Finally! by about 7:30 my mind was calm enough to get to sleep. I was very tired the next day. I don't know if I would have tripped so hard if I wasn't in bed trying to sleep. I have had waking dreams lately, where I wake up or see something when I'm about to sleep, except this time more intense and didn't go away immediately. Quite a powerful thing that I didn't expect. There were also scary ass visions as well. At times I went in to emergency mode where I saw..... well, a whole lotta bad. Very alien like images.

Chewing Salvia

Can you chew Salvia, if so how long would you do it for? I've got the 20x extract.

[Salvia Subthread] Buccal (quid) / Sublingual / Oral Salvia - may be of interest.

Not sure it works with extracts (it's generally fresh, plain leaf that is chewed) but possibly possible - don't really see why not. Have only used oral Salvia tinctures myself which is a very pleasant experience - far, far more enjoyable and useful than smoking it, in my opinion. You could probably make a tincture from an extract like yours with alcohol but not positive. Others will be though :)

that tincture idea sounds spot on shambles

smoking the 20x extract has always been too intense for me to even enjoy the experience much. Id assume making a tincture from the extract would be some potent stuff but still easier to handle than smoking it. If I ever felt the need to have a Salvia experience again, that is most definitely the method i would use. Would using an alcohol that's 40% be sufficient for making the tincture or would one want to use something of a higher alcohol content, like Everclear(190 proof grain spirit) or that Bacardi's rum that's (151 proof).

Personally I'd rather use an average strength liquor if possible, kettle one vodka seem's appropriate :)

I was thinking voddy just cos it's so easily available. I think it would work but couldn't say for sure as I've never tried making my own tinctures. I can highly recommend oral Salvia as someone who also finds smoking sillystrong extracts a bit too much headfuck with little reward. It's like a whole new - and far mellower - drug. In fact, I've got one dose of tincture left which this thread has just reminded me of. Woot!

I'm just gonna put a gram of 20x extract in an ounce or so of vodka for about a week, shaking it up every once in awhile. Then when I feel ready I'll take a few drops under the tongue and see how it goes. I'm pretty sure it will work and it's probably the only way I'm gonna find to put this stuff to use. Smoking it just feels to weird, even for me.

Please report back if you do, Peace. Have got some 40X and 60X extracts which are just take-the-piss strong that I occasionally sprinkle tiny amounts in a spliff with at the moment cos they're ridiculous otherwise. Oral Salvia was lush though so would rather find a better use for it :)

been having second thoughts about holding the alcohol under my tongue. i would imagine it burning a great deal. i was thinking about just putting a half gram of the 20x extract under my tongue as is. then just leaving it there for an hour or so, or until i start feeling effects. ive read several reports of people having successful experiment's with taking plain leaf sublingually in this fashion. so my guess is i'll have trip similar to theirs but of greater intensity. i'm going to rinse my mouth out with mouthwash before hand, to remove stray food particles and allow for the most absorption possible to happen. i'm gonna perform this ritual in dark room with music playing, hopefully it will be more successful than my previous attempts smoking the material.

i'll report back on my finding's

~spacepeople

I don't imagine the alcohol would burn too much, though I'm not too sure, however I should also expect that if leaf works sublingually then extract will work sublingually, and better.

I must, however, be the only person who enjoys smoking this stuff :p Gunna have a hit of 20x with some kief tonight, in fact

i always liked smoking the plain leaf, it never became too overwhelming for me

with this extract it can be terrifyingly intense at times, on my last journey i felt my consciousnes being ripped from my body and brought to another dimension. an entity informed me that this body im traveling in is only a vessel for my soul. i know for a fact that their is life beyond this, that our spirit moves on to another dimension. this is comforting to me now but at the time when i was separated from my body i thought i would never come back to it , i thought i'd remain in that dimension indefinitely. the entity told me that the rulers of these cosmic realms where allowing me to experience this life and i realized how beautiful a gift it is. im not ready to move onto the next plane of existence yet and was extremely grateful when my mind was brought back to this realm.

the trip was ego shattering to the enth degree, left me wondering how deep this rabbit hole goals

what will be revealed next, im nervous to find out but still somewhat curious. i'll most likely smoke salvia extract again at some point, i'm just not ready for it again at the moment. maybe after a few more years pass.

I have chanced upon some salvia leaves, and considering I spent much of the start of 2011 searching for them, I thought I'd honour all that effort by experimenting with them. Here in Australia salvia is not legal and very rare; one can search for it for months to no avail. After some consideration, I decided to eat the fresh leaves raw instead of smoking the active substance. The gentler ride and the longer experience sound more appealing to me. A few questions for experienced sublingual users...

- Is five leaves an irresponsible dose to take if I don't have a sitter? I plan to bar the door and remove all sharp objects from the room and lie down in bed with music.
- Would an outside setting be better? Again, I don't have a sitter.
- Am I likely to make a lot of noise / lose awareness of myself at this dose?
- Would trying this very powerful substance in the very same room that has been the site of two really bad trips be unwise?

I hope for a mild experience and an insight into the workings of salvia. I gave up looking for it long ago so finding it came as a surprise. There was a time when salvia was the only drug I was interested in trying; now I've placed more value in other substances such as mescaline and ibogaine, the latter of which I also found today to my surprise and delight.

Last edited: