View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [Salvia Subthread] Buccal (quid) / Sublingual / Oral Salvia

Acid Booster

Bluelighter
Does salvia work if ingested? i know it works subligualy(sure thats not spelt write) , but if you made an alcoholic extract and drank the extract would the salvia still work?

so far attempts at using salvia orally have found it to be inactive this way

I've tried eating approximately 5 grams of salvia. Chewed and chewed and swished and swished for approximately 15 minutes. No effects. I'd like to find out how exactly the Mazatec indians did it. It's supposed to be a longer experience than if smoked. As for plugging it?? I think that would piss Lady Salvia off to no end.

Lotsa, the mazatecs described chewing on a cigar sized quid for the sublingual administration... So that's a lot of leaf up your bum...

id imagine the quids were also fresh and juicy. which could of given a better effect.
i will let all know. but supposidly, my roomates buddy grows and experiments in all ways w/ salvia, and has created a salvinorum A type goop, which he puts into a gelcap to be eaten.
anyhow. about this plugging thing... anyone tryed it.
if so.
what was the dose, onnset, and length of trip? (in our time)
-interesting tho. have like 200 mg of 10x in one of those large horse capsule pills. plug. and be on w/ whatever your doing, and eventually w/ out warning be ripped out of this reality. cool. =o)
[ 11 May 2002: Message edited by: DJ Ribbit ]

Salvia Extract Sublingual Dosage

if one had a large extract (such as 20x extract), is it still effective sublingually?

how many mg of salvinorin (pure) is good for a sublingual dose? There is 2 mg of salvinorin per 30 mg leaf.

I have heard that the extract doesnt bind well sublinguily, but I have not tried this. Most time people said it would be a waste of your extract. But if you do try this, let us know how it went. I'm not quite sure how much salvinorin is good for sublinguial. Usually its just rolled into a quid. Maybe you could wiegh how much is in a quid (if you have leaves) and divide by 20? I would suspect it wouldnt be much at that level.

It will work from the mouth, maybe it would be best to clean your mouth with some water and alchohol beforehand, and then hold the material against your cheeks for as long as you can.

I've tried an extract that was advertised as 7x. A friend and I each put a half gram in our mouths and held it there for about 10-12 minutes. I was going pretty good on morning glories and pot, but the salvia really didn't do anything for me. I later smoked some and it was very "recreational" and pretty stupid. I don't know, salvia just doesn't really do it for me I guess...

You didn't have a breakthrough. Also, oral doses don't prodice the same kind of profound vissions as smoking it does. Make sure you're smoking it right, you'll know when you've had a breakthrough.

I tried some salvia 10X extract sublingually and had no effects.
Extracts are for smoking (use a bong+ torch-lighter).
For sublingual use, you need common salvia leaves.

For sublingual use buy a salvia tincture, its a liquid form salvia extract.

Sage Goddess Emerald Essence
SAGE GODDESS EMERALD ESSENCE is an extraordinary potion of enchantment. One of the finest Salvia divinorum preparations ever created, it engenders profound experiences that enrich and nurture mind and spirit. As a tool for exploring the psyche it can provide access to fresh, often startling, insights into the nature of consciousness, reality, perception, and the fundamental mysteries of existence.
A Sage Wisdom Salvia Shop exclusive. This ultra-concentrated tincture of Salvia divinorum has been carefully prepared using a unique new separation process developed by Daniel Siebert. This innovative process selectively extracts and concentrates a group of natural leaf components that enhance the solubility and absorption of the active principal, salvinorin A. All intermediary extraction solvents have been completely removed so that the finished product contains nothing but premium grade Salvia divinorum, grain alcohol and water.

This specially prepared extract is designed for sublingual absorption. The duration and quality of the experience is equivalent to that obtained using traditional Mazatec methods of oral ingestion, but it is far easier to consume and the level of effects achieved is more consistent and reliable. Many people consider this type of experience more productive and rewarding than that of smoked Salvia divinorum because the effects are gentler and considerably longer lasting.

The first effects begin 4-8 minutes after the initial dose is ingested. The strength of the effects gradually increase over the next 4-5 minutes, reaching a plateau that lasts 20-30 minutes, then gradually tapering off over another 1½-2½ hours. By using multiple doses, the duration of both the plateau and the entire experience can be increased. If the effects begin to diminish sooner than you would like, you can use booster doses to extend the experience.

Mild doses reduce extraneous mental activity and calm the mind; many people find that low doses are quite valuable as an aid to meditation and introspection. Mild doses also increase sensual awareness and can have aphrodisiac effects. A moderate dose produces a gentle expansion of consciousness that is useful for inner-journeying and self-exploration; this can also have an extraordinary memory enhancing effect that can provide access to incredibly detailed memories stretching back into early childhood (clearly this has therapeutic potential). Strong doses alter the fabric of consciousness profoundly, producing rich inner-visions and inspiring insight. Very strong doses can totally immerse one in a visionary world and can propel consciousness into the far reaches of transdimensional/transpersonal space.

sagegoddess.jpg

Salvinorin A

Pure salvinorin A is actually the most potent naturally occuring hallucinogen.

A dose of it is 200 to 500 micrograms, with the LD-50 being approximated at 3 milligrams. Above 500 micrograms, people seem to forget everything from the experience, and the experience itself seems to consist of violent, or chaotic movement, without sitters people who take in over 500 micrograms frequently damage themselves or something around them.

happy tripping=)

Also, SWIM am quite curious about sublingual dosages, at one point SWIM was looking to make blotter of salvinorin A, and SWIM still is. However, SWIM would like more info on sublingual dosages first.

I've made a tincture that's MUCH stronger than Sage Goddess Emerald Essence - using DMSO mixed with 190 proof everclear. With the DMSO mixed it, it's able to hold a lot more Salvinorin-A than a straight alcohol tincture. It also doesn't burn the hell out of your mouth.

Works much better than Emerald Essence, and is much more affordable.

Last edited:
So you actually got the sublingual to work? I must hear about this, details! LOL

Very mild effects, closed eye visuals - nothing near a breakthrough. But I was very impressed that I got it to do anything at all, me being such a hardhead. Some other people that have tried my tincture have had really strong effects from it.

It holds around 4-5mg/mL - much more than then 1.28mg/mL that alcohol holds.

I'll tell you more when I see you :)