• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sally Maria Elves

I haven't seen the salvia elves, only heard them.

On my first (and so far, only) breakthrough experience, I was surrounded by childlike voices chanting "Let's all go to a magic land!" over and over, in rhythm with my accelerated heartbeat. I felt like I was about to be carried away to somewhere beyond reality, and it freaked the shit out of me. I resisted, opened my eyes and sat up. I told the elves straight that I wasn't going with them.

After a few minutes, the voices faded, and I found myself in control again.

The elves exist, and they're coming to take you away! 8o 8( %)

three aspects of the elf form are easy to explain:
1) striped garments
2) elongated features and stretched - elastic bodies
3) glowing coloration, or cartooney film like layered depth.

banding of colors is a result of interference: images in mind that are sustained are layered together into combinations, but the result is different than each component. the resulting image has banded progressions where simple edges existed - thecombination of image and afterimage with slight offset is enough to start this up.

offset layered images will also genereate hyper color, and radiant color addition in the center of unmoving objects and banding traceswhere movement is occurring.

where there is minor movements figures smear as the mind consolidated perceived objects out of fragments that suggest forms.

--- aside form the analysis i most enjoy the small figures that seem to compose the larger figures as mind wrangles the fragments of data while pursuing the mystery of composition.

Xorkoth said:
I believe they're some sort of entity or machine which exists somehow within reality, not as matter, but as energy. They work constantly to construct reality.

I think I need to explore this area more personally.

Did Terrence McKenna just take possession of Xorkoth's body? ;) I am half-kidding ... but I'm interested to see what you mean by those statements though, because at face value they don't make much sense to me. Sorry if it seems like I'm busting your chops for this one.

Psood0nym said:
I think “entities” are fragments of our own psyches broken off from our experientially unified “sphere of awareness”

I can go with that. Entities I've experienced have left me amazed and rather bewildered, but I have no doubt these "entities" were a fantastic delusion ... or at least a misinterpretation of the experience/memory. Even when the memory was fresh in my mind, calling them entities was very misleading ... at least from my experiences. Perhaps others have had more convincing experiences.

A more biological approach rather than psychological would be to say that my subjective interpretation of otherness was due to the manipulation of circuits in my brain. There has been some evidence that unusual temporal lobe phenomenon can cause a sensation of otherness. But there's still a good bit of controversy surrounding this idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_lobe_epilepsy

DMT- the entities appear to me as very insectoid kindof like this guy

spi1cd149_b.jpg

Though i have seen a 'merry man' ala robin hood as well.

Salvia entities look more like teenage mutant ninja turtles or nothing at all

Dondante said:
Even when the memory was fresh in my mind, calling them entities was very misleading ... at least from my experiences.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_lobe_epilepsy

This is my experience as well. They were more like characters in dreams, made especially potent by the ability of salvia to import rich, complex impressions of entire characters, states of mind, and/or narrative situations to the experience(such as suddenly realizing, with a sense of great urgency, that I am leaving with a parade of circus animals that live in the wallpaper!). Who among us has not been 'certain' of a dream?

I don’t think it is unreasonable to assume—though perhaps this is not universally the case—that much of what we accord to entity contact is, in fact, pieced together after (and even nearly during) the fact in the form of false memories we use to construct some sort of sensible or meaningful narrative from an intense, traumatic, or even seemingly apocalyptic experience (a phenomena demonstrated in psychology to occur even in the aftermath of far lesser experiences). It is from this ex postfacto, snowballing and partially subconscious rationalizing that “entities” grow in their character and purpose, in their ontological status. This is not to say however that what is actually imparted during the real time experience is not of important or profound consequence, just that such communications should be regarded, more so than at current, as highly subject to our anthropomorphic pre/post-screenings. In taking this into account perhaps we can experience whatever may be occurring more clearly, and thereby, if we believe the experience benign, more beneficently.

Dondante said:
Did Terrence McKenna just take possession of Xorkoth's body? I am half-kidding ... but I'm interested to see what you mean by those statements though, because at face value they don't make much sense to me. Sorry if it seems like I'm busting your chops for this one.

Simply put, I made that post months and months agol and I had no real experience with salvia. I was just making a statement of opinion based on anecdotal reports. Were I to post a response to the same thread today, I'd have said something different. I'm not sure what, but not that =D

the only time i saw any entities on salvia was when i did it in the woods. me and a friend sat by a river and each smoked a bowl of 40x out of his pipe. my vision shattered into fragments and each little fragment was a being. they were everywhere, on the ground, leaves, in the river. also, they were all chanting something that i can't remember. i'm pretty sure it was just a sound, like a low humming over and over.

Interesting thread people and some serious food for thought (or trips).
Maybe we would get somewhere regarding suggestion v other-reality by looking at what the Mazatek/other non-western internetised cultures see on thier trips.
They wont have had the same conditioning or suggestion as we have so maybe it could shed some light on the matter?
Personally i believe a salvia trip to be a dive through the concious and subconcious mind with the hallucinations projections of such mind parts and workings of.

^Do you have some examples of the entities evoked by DMT or salvia in more isolated or traditional cultures? There seems to be quite a bit of variety to them in in our "mass society" thread, with elves, insects, and plant goddesses, all making an appearance. Let's not forget that the teenage mutant ninja turtles also had a cameo role. I'd find it amusing and psychoaestetically fascinating to hear more descriptions of the entities people have met, esp. on salvia. The salvia entities I've experienced have a kind of 16-bit graphical architecture to them: a group of flightless birds made out of triangles that connects together at their wing-tips and fires off like a ray beam and polygon men that ride inside a blue spine that swims like a snake through an endless tan void (these two are not the only ones, just the most vivid).

Xorkoth said:
Simply put, I made that post months and months agol and I had no real experience with salvia. I was just making a statement of opinion based on anecdotal reports. Were I to post a response to the same thread today, I'd have said something different. I'm not sure what, but not that

Oops, didn't realize how old this thread was.

I have seen elves on salvia building “reality” or what ever you might call it they are very busy workers. I have seen a lot more elves and stuff on DMT elves, fairies, dragonfly creatures, wizards ect. If I were a writer I would write some fairy tale books about them. Things like the evil medicine man stole the magic orb and is killing people in the jungle with it and the wizard is taking an army of elves and fairies to stop him. But in all reality I think they are just reflections of thoughts you have while going into the trip and coming out of the trip.

^^^Thoughts, when viewed through a mulifaceted ego, seem seperate and autonomous? Observing, essentially, our own self with our own self? That could explain how familiar these beings can appear or feel....

Or maybe they flat out live in the plant, and in your brain for a while when you smoke. Maybe they are absolutlely alive, real, and there right now. I like that more....

I think salvias rapid proliferation around the globe in the last 10-15 years or so pretty weird, and when viewed through naturalselection (humans being the natural selectors), salvia divonorum is certainly making an evolutionary push towards globalisation- maybe take-over? Lol..... Think about it, all naturally growing hallucinogens are being grown and used in larger geographic areas over the last few decades.... interesting, to me at least. Does the day of the trippids loom? ;)

willow11 said:
Or maybe they flat out live in the plant, and in your brain for a while when you smoke. Maybe they are absolutlely alive, real, and there right now. I like that more....QUOTE]
Salvia has made me ponder that idea before sometime I feel like I become a vine or plant and I can actually FEEL branches and leaves grow out of me and I wonder if that was part of the plants awareness. Strange realms

willow11 said:
Salvia entities look more like teenage mutant ninja turtles or nothing at all
willow11 said:
Or maybe they flat out live in the plant, and in your brain for a while when you smoke. Maybe they are absolutlely alive, real, and there right now. I like that more....

This is self-contradictory madness, salvia entities couldn't possibly live inside the plant as everyone knows that the teenage mutant ninja turtles live in the New York City sewer system. On the other hand, was your salvia grown using any "unorthodox" fertilizers?

psood0nym said:
This is self-contradictory madness, salvia entities couldn't possibly live inside the plant as everyone knows that the teenage mutant ninja turtles live in the New York City sewer system. On the other hand, was your salvia grown using any "unorthodox" fertilizers?
Yea, but what happens when someone freaks out on Salvia and flushes their whole bag down the toilet and there are turtles and alligators already down there?

psood0nym said:

Yes- a radioactive canister.