Salary for DJing

PurXTC

Bluelighter
Just Wondering........
Does anyone know how much a top DJ gets pay for spinning on an avg. (time) set??? For example.......Oakenfold,Tiesto,PVD??
Do they get free new vinyl (songs) to spin on different sets??
If you are a DJ, how much do you get pay for spinning.......Are you an unknown, somewhat known or famous local DJ??
------------------
"Drugs have taught an entire generation of American kids the metric system"
[This message has been edited by PurXTC (edited 22 August 2001).]

Does anyone know how much a top DJ gets pay for spinning on an avg. (time) set??? For example.......Oakenfold,Tiesto,PVD??
----------------------------------------
enough to make a leper "Riverdance"
ie. it'll make your headspin, it's so rediculous
Do they get free new vinyl (songs) to spin on different sets??
----------------------------------------
everyone except oakenjoke. he waits till everyone else tries them out before jumping on board
If you are a DJ, how much do you get pay for spinning.......
-----------------------------------------
every once in a while someone will pay attention
Are you an unknown, somewhat known or famous local DJ??
-----------------------------------------
my sixty five year old flaming landlord who lives next to me knows me real well. he's also introduced me to the fine officers of the law on many a fine occasion.
rock on with ya badself.

i think last i heard, oakenfold gets $25,000 per show in the U.S.... let's see, $25,000 per show x 2-4 shows per year and i'd be set!!

Oakey = 25,000
B.B.Bill = 6,000
Feelgood = 2,000
DJ Mea = 2,000
ALGERNON = 500
average DJ gets less than 100 bucks.

dieselboy does not get 7,000 it all depends on the party adn all that shit
u have to offer alot more than just a base price theres alot of other costs involved in booking a dj, travel, hotels, food, and watever else they request

i know nobody likes him but i heard that skribble gets around 2,000 an hour
roll on........................

Last week I got $80 to dj. And then I gave $20 to my girlfriend for a bj.

thats funny I only had to give her 15
------------------
...here the night is gone thats ok, I will rock We will rock all through the day

Not to be argumentative but jungle_j get a clue. Most Djs use booking agents such as AMONLY, FUSED, 2AM. usually it is all wrapped up one little fee. What would I know being the largest production crew in the southeast next to FBS.(we cant all be the Disco Pimp) excuse the spelling Im a turntablist not an english teacher.
ERIK aka ALGERNON www.groovecontrolproductions.com

That lying bitch...giving out discounts without my permission.

I got $125 a night at a club in my hometown. 1 or 2 nights a week and I was gettin fat pockets. I was also paying from 11-5am.
------------------
-BeatFreak

Junior Vasquez $12,000 a night.
Lesser known, but popular DJ's in the gay scene get about $500/hour.
Cha-Ching!

Most dj's minus the big label guys do vary their price. My b/f always takes in consideration if its a club nite or a party, expected attendence and door price. I mean you cant really go charging $800 for a club nite that only gets between 100-200 people...it certainly helps to be flexible on your fees...you get more bookings that way
smile.gif

Hey sinthetic...
I got a few words for you about oakenfold...
1. Oakenfold is not a joke
Oakenfold is a great DJ, who is a bit greedy, but he is a cool ass dude if you took the time, or in your case, had the contacts to get close to him...
He's a rich man, but only because he is a business man and ONE OF THE BEST DJ's IN THE WORLD. He's spun every genre there is, and just moved his way up to trance... I have some early tapes of him when he was spinning an early Uk version of acid house
His production has prooved many times he is not only a great live DJ, but a kick ass producer.
im sick of people getting "jealous" of oakenfolds success.....
And to clear up the shit about him spinning on MTV, he did not spin on MTV... MTV happend to film that huge massive that was taking place in Miami and Oakenfold is a big name, so the film crew made that choice
you ignorant fools have nothing else better to do with your time then argue.... well shit, me too
[This message has been edited by vinyl groove (edited 23 August 2001).]

I nominate Paul Oakenfold to replace Sinthetic as moderator of this forum. It is quite obvious that Sinthetic is an "insta-raver" who has no idea what he is talking about.
It's not like Sinthetic's been spinning and buying records since all of you lads where at your mom's teat. It is quite obvious that he is a newbie to the scene. Check out all the threads where he gives comprhensive and detailed advice on the technical and artistic aspects of electronic music and vinyl. He is undeniably reading it all from an instruction manual.

hey banquo
wink.gif

im headin out to the white isles tomorrow - any last minute suggestions?? i know you were there a little ways back.
hope all is well, amigo
P.S. check out Howells on the 2nd at Vinyl. he KO'd everyone last time he was in town. i posted a thread with the specs.
peassss.

I must say, this debate has been quite the addition to my night
[This message has been edited by vinyl groove (edited 23 August 2001).]

sin,
check your bluelight email. And I will not be able to check out Howells cuz I don't live in the Big Apple...but someday.
Safe journey
smile.gif