• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

RSPB Survey - Big Garden Bird Watch

I was actually fishing for tope at the wreck of U-989 back in July!

No tope to be had though :\

I've asked my mum about the provenance of the Lieberman's, so watch this space.

Back to birds, here's a photo of a Kingfisher huddled up on a stream in Garlieston, Dumfries & Galloway last year. We spotted him during a midnight MXE-mission. Absolutely gorgeous wee thing.

a40ji7a.jpg

I'm sure I've got another photo of a Kingfisher from up in the north-east of Scotland at at deer farm, but that'll take some finding. :)

We see kingfishers regularly on the stretch of The Avon the wee one and I walk along on the way to school - such beautiful colours - see cormorants and herons also, along with the usual ducks, swans, coots, moorhens and geese - not bad for a city centre :)

Last edited:
Yep, Kingfishers on the tywi in my hometown. Adopted hometown. Saw my first one though in Cornwall on the day of the eclipse, August 1999 in Cornwall. Hey let's unite two threads. Or not. Because I can't stand the ignorance I was reading in the eclipse thread earlier on. People (person/idiot) spouting opinions on shit they have no experience of. Welcome to BL.

Meanwhile, for those who like clicking on shit, just 99% of EADD then, there's a "vote for Britains national bird website" been set up to run until the date of the General Election (coz the issues are closely linked obviously). I'm not linking the site for two reasons. 1) Not linking it puts off the idiots. 2) The site and the whole idea are a bit shit really.

But, um, I thought I'd mention it.

Hello Mr FF, we also have a heron who lives in the river at the bottom of the garden (eh woodland jungle) in the town centre. He's so beautiful, I love watching him fish from the river. Alas too busy doing that to get my iPhone camera oot...one day, I'll catch a pic.

Town centre wildlife is amazing, we're beside a river and trees - its squirrel madness too, though that is our town's emblem - the red ones actually that are becoming harder to spot. But we're over run with cheeky greys. Lots of unusual bird visitors too - last summer we had an oyster catcher family kicking about 8(.

Alas, the seagulls are returning....grrrr :X

*waves* to SHM xxxx

Good to see you safely returned from your travels, SHM - hope you're doing well :)

The seagulls are back here - well, some never left this winter - joy . . .

Good to see you safely returned from your travels, SHM - hope you're doing well :)

I thank you sir. But everyone says that. "Safely". Like none of us trust flying? I flew the route, just a few miles north, of the AirAsia plane that went down a week after it went down. Plane shook like a mofo for two hours, scariest flight ever, nobody would fly if it was like that all the time. So maybe the safely is justified.

I've just joined an Astronomical forum, because I want to know how the fuck to best use all my binoculars and stuff and how to understand what I'm looking at up in the skies.

They seem like a lovely bunch of people from all over the world, and I'm sure in no time I'll be a fucking binocular expert. And an astronomy expert. I already have all the necessary hats and fleeces and walking boots so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch. :D

the most exciting thing here is a magpie building a nest in a tree in what was once my garden. tree will likely be cut down by wanker downstairs before long . think the magpies have stopped building coz I've not seen them just a 1/4 of a nest.

Seagulls chase crows
Crows chase magpies
Magpies chase jackdaws
Jackdaws chase robins
Robins chase blue tits

^
You forgot about the wood pigeons and collard doves who keep to themselves.

We've not seen Harry the heron for a while mind, wonder if he's found another patch with better fish. I miss him.

I keep thinking I can hear Oyster catchers piping....last year we had a gang across the road looking kinda lost, cause we live in a town centre, they made an usual sight. Though we're not far from the coast really.

Spied a Red Kite t'other week there while was out an about - iconic tail. Beautiful bird, surfing about with a pair of buzzards.

I also saw a red kite a few months ago. I love raptors because they're so sturdy and smug looking :D

A starling came into our shop the other day when I wasn't looking and must have been hiding somewhere because it suddenly flapped up and scared the shite out of me. A pigeon makes its way in the odd time and all we have to do is turn off the lights and they will fly out. The starling took a bit more convincing though. Still, it briefly broke the boredom of a slow day.

When I was a young storeman working in a warehouse besides the sea, one of the things we used to do was capture a baby seagull and put it in a cardboard box.

The box would be labelled "Urgent Delivery For Attention of *Joe Bloggs*".

Someone would shout on Joe Bloggs, and say there was an urgent delivery for them. Joe Bloggs would rush over, open the box and absolutely fucking shit himself when the baby seagull jumped out of the box.

Much hilarity ensued. =D

It was done to me, so I did it to others. I am not proud of this. But still... LOL. :D

If the tradition of that prank continues forever, eventually Joe Bloggs will open it and say, ''Typical Royal Mail! They were supposed to deliver this to my house :X''.

One of the wholesalers we use has a habit of mixing up our delivery address with the invoice address :| It has caused a few funny moments when the lorry has driven into our cul-de-sac and had great difficulty getting back out :D Most of the drivers are smart enough to give us a ring once they realise they're in a residential area though.

It also makes me think of that prank where the guy asked his mate to feed his goldfish while he was on holiday; before he returns, they swap his fish for a big pond goldfish :D