Roll Call - New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello New Yorkers.... I'm a Bluelighter from Seattle M/26 and I'm visiting friends in NYC the weekend of 4/26-28. Can anyone please give me some recommendations on clubs to check out on Saturday the 27th? I'm looking for a place to really experience the NYC club scene since I've worn out the west coast. I'm a fan of house, breaks, trance and jungle. I've heard a couple names tossed my way (Vinyl, Exit, Centro-Fly, Sound Factory) but would love to get some opinions from you.
Much thanks from the West Side...

doc -
Danny Howells on Saturday night at Vinyl.
best party in town if your a music-head.

Thanks for both of your replies... for me "it's all 'bout da music" but the crew I'm with isn't quite the dance and electronic music fiend that I am... I too will be tailing around a birthday party and I'm not sure where she'll want to go but Tenaglia @ Vinyl sounds like the best pick on Saturday to me... I was noticing that a number of the clubs in NYC are 18+, how does that impact the scene? I'm a 26yr. old male so partying it up clubkid style with a bunch of 18 yr. old's isn't quite my scene anymore... The Clubplanet guestlists seem to be a good bet. How well do they work???

Hey NYC
We arrive in the big apple from Toronto May 2nd for the weekend and are looking for clubs / small parties playing house - including west coast, french or deep. Likely only going out on sat may 4th, sun may 6th and possibly monday may 7th.
While not into parites packed full of sweaty guys, a visit to a "girls club" that plays groovy tunes and will let in guys would also be interesting.
What's the deal with Brooklyn? Is this a cool area to hang? where?
Any advice on cool things to do would be very appreciated.
email me at [email protected]
[ 25 April 2002: Message edited by: Roscoe ]

some additional comments - Howells on Saturday, Tenaglia on Friday - get your Danny's right ;)
B3 was REALLY bad my last and only venture there. Attack of the B&Ts.
solid info, check here -
www.naughtybooth.com

woah another hauppauge person...very scary
i posted this a long time ago, but i feel the need to fit back in
21/ female/ long island (hauppauge)/weed (that's it for me now)/ trance, deep house, booty house.

20/School in Poughkeepsie/Home in Rockland County
All about anything that gets ya moving - Banging House, DnB, Hard Acid Trance... Currently a DJ eagerly waiting on Finalscratch so i can experiment with other genres that i cant afford to purchase...
xXx - Straight Edge Partier - xXx
:: dont let that fool you, ill outdance any of you fools ;) ::

33/male/Manhattan. Jungle, ambient, anything with a good beat. E, BZP,2-CT2,2-CI the list goes on. I think I win age contest. old School , but can still keep up with you punks!

very early 20's
female
chelsea, nyc
stimulants
[ 18 May 2002: Message edited by: sparklr ]

Slava /hardcore raver ;)
m / 22
brooklyn,NYC
hard acid trance , happy hardcore all da way baby! :)

aaron
Bronx and Ithaca, NY
male, age 18
E, shrooms, acid
DnB, nuSkool breaks, psy trance, ambient/downtempo
AIM: ChupoMog

22,F, Formerly NC, But now back in Western NY!
Trance, and Breakbeats prefebly, but love all types of music!

hey all, Im Matt. Been a BLer for 2 years. I'll be 18 in fifteen days. Representing Rockland County. Fav drug w/o a doubt is E, but K, acid, shrooms, and pot all have a place in my heart :) . I love almost every genre in electronica, but favorites are jungle, hard nrg, trance, and goa.

I'm 32/Female/Manhattan/MDMA/Progressive/Euphoric Trance.
I wanna meet all of you geriatric party kids from NYC so I don't feel like I'm the only one in the world!
I've been away from BL fo so long, but now I'm back, and I can't believe how many familiar names I see here.
See y'all at Starscape!

Status
Not open for further replies.