Roll Call - New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about a nj event--even if it is something with simply beer? could be nyc, could be nyc...anyone?

swybs

23 M and 26 F here, both from south jersey, atlantic county, but living in eastern Europe right now! Glad to have gotten out of jersey but still miss the people and just the suburbian life out there.

By the way, gotta give it up for Newark and Camden as being the roughest spots and scummiest cities on the east coast. Seriously I feel bad for anyone that lives in camden or newark, there real terrible places, not much out there but Smack and crack. I mean its great smack and crack but still, not great when your coppin in the projects 11 at night and all the homeboys are circling around your car because your white.

Anyway, suburb wise, I think jersey is a pretty cool place to live, sure there isn't shit to do except get high, have sex, and eat, but thats why we have cities like philly and new york close by to break the tension every now and again.

If I had my choice, i would never go back to jersey again, only because its a little boring and once you see other parts of the world and country, you realize how much time you were wasting all along. Sorry for make this a huge run on sentence but it made me excited to see jersey people online after so long!

there's a couple weeklies/monthlies in NJ... one new one i just posted... the draw back is that the venues close at 4am... believe it or not, there is somewhat of a dayparty/outlaw scene here... there is also a strong summertime psytrance presence too if ya know where to look.

it just depends on how involved you are and what your down for.

male
monmouth NJ
anything that i can piss clean or leaves my system fast:)
Rock,Metal,Industrial,Ska,Punk

arrrrrrrgh.

...moved back to my home state of New Jerrrroozalum after 8 years in Ohio. now i know the MW scene is hurtin' bad these days, but dayum, Jersey makes me just want to give up the ghost. seriously. :(

if anyone out there in Jerz-a-land can give me the 411 on some fun weeklies or parties, hit me up, please.

and if anyone is looking for a DJ... well i have 8 years of pro rave/club experience on the decks as well as promoting, a pretty damn good rep in Ohio to show for it, and i don't play trance, HHC, or that damn devil gabber crap. strictly classic techno, house, and triphop / jazz funk.

good god, i'm so bored i'm about to peep out my old high school coffehouse hangouts... although they're prolly all gone thanks to Starfuck's CoffeeNazis. helllllpppp!!! 8(

peas,
sim*n

catnap,

this saturday there's an event at Club Atomic in Asbury Park... I've been craving a night out like this, so I'm prolly gonna be there. It's close to the Stone Pony. Check it out.. cheap drinks and good music.. there's more infor at www.ravelinks.com under the North East events

^^^ ketamike, have you ever been to one of those events? what is the scene like, if you have?

--swybs

anyone down for a discreet NJ meetup? obviously, this is the web, and dont carry anything, but if anyone is down, lets call it mid to central north nj....

swybs

DJLA said:
newark totally blows
it does suck, the people also suck and are mean and selfish and i cry every day.

Im sorry but that shit is funny
Its a ghetto, bitch thats the way it is
thats what happens when you move from kain-tuucky to the bricks

eat or get ate

Still chillin up north fixin to move to clifton/passaic/paterson area in a few mos

^^ Yeah, Newark has a bad rap, but it's getting better. I see it actually being a pretty nice city in 20 years. They've already made plenty of improvements like the NJ PAC, and the upcoming stadium.

hahahaha 20 years aint gonna change that muthafucka it took long enough for it to turn into what it is today
change is a long time comin

change will happen no doubt but i aint optimistic like that.....a "pretty nice city" come on now yea a pretty nice ironbound section right? they will make it pretty for themselves where they want to live they dont give a fuck about everybody else "let em kill each other"

they dont give a fuck dawg as long as they keep the poor peope out of sight its all good right the only real problem now aint that theres poverty and suffering all over the place its just that you can see it right? 8( :X :\ wouldnt wanna make peopel uncomfortable now

as soon as they pack it all up and push the ghetto in on itself then they can build up the rest of it with starbuckses til theres a happy safe city where "we got AIDS, we got crack we got homeless and dope? well as long as 20 blocks around me is brand new townhouses and clean streets"

all they will do is seperate it into 2 different worlds so the "bad" part is far enough away and segregated from the "nice" city enough that they aint gotta worry about it other than their neighbors talk about "some...black.....boy was looking at me funny the other day he must have been looking for a purse to steal thank god i got my mini can of pepper spray in case one of those rascals tries something"

we know how it is

20-fairlawn
go to school in NYC\
fav drugs: psychedelics, LSD in particular.

well, one in! Let's see some more NJ peeps get in on a get together--there is a belmar parade for st. patricks day this sunday....any NJ bl'ers going?

Belmar Parade, any NJ BLers going? www.belmarparade.com

Start time for the parade is at 12:30PM
Rain, shine, snow or otherwise
the parade will go down Main Street in Belmar on March 6th, 2005!

Status
Not open for further replies.