Roll Call - Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I KNOW HER...first person i met on BL. she lives in kennesaw now and doesn't frequent this board much. PM me and i'll give her a call for you, and maybe she'll call you back!

I was at Wired last weekend. I don't hang out in bars and i'm not a student. I just live and work in Athens :)

Sasha?

anybody planning on going to see Sasha? We should plan a meet up if so. Its this wednesday at 1150 and I am off on thursday.
I haven't been to a club in awhile and didn't plan on returning, but Sasha is Sasha.

Get back with me if you're interested.

jaded2thegroove

c1one said:
Im living at KSU right now, moving down to athens soon though.
Any producers out there?

Anyone who is interested, here are a few of my songs:
http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/DJ_Clone/

There is an Athens crew in town with two of them currently producing. There is also a local donwtempo and d&b producer who is amazing, but not part of the crew whose website I have linked below.. Check out their website where you can download thier mixes and some of the produced matieral.

Camilus will have a progressive break beat record out in August on IN the Gruv Records.

www.cassinidvision.com

If you want any info on the Athens scene, you can contact me if you want.

Kristen
Dash Productions/Athens

Alright cool Ill check all that out kristen.
When I move into athens Ill drop you a line.

Btw: You got an AIM name or anything?
Im "cionesheep", anyone feel free to put my on your bl.

roll call? i'm in atl goin to school (bet ya can't guess which one)

well shit..i didnt get into uga, that school is fucked up. I had a 3.9 and 31 hours. shit well im still at ksu...anyone up at ksu?
I might just go to tech, but shit i dont know. Anyone at tech either? Im a computer science major, I know tech would be better, but I just have a feeling I would be doing work 24-7. anyway drop a line

Just moved to the Midtown area (Atlanta) last month - grad student at Tech.

To c1one - just live by the phrase 'work hard, play hard' and life is sweet. Tech's got a big name in the CS industry.

Also - can anyone recommend places, parties, venues to go to in the Atlanta area? I tried out the Globe and there didn't seem to be a decent vibe - everyone just sitting around. I just like good music, good people and good times... Figured at the very least, I'll check out Armin next month.

I sorta live in buckhead, and thats where its at am I right? I go to college in Auburn Alabama (2 hours away) but I come to atlanta with friends from school sometimes when something is happening. I havent actually gone to any clubs in buckhead before(there all 21+) and Im 19 and didnt get my fake ID before the cops shut down the place that made them in little five points. Ive heard they are pretty crazy, Mako's in particular.

in my honest opinion, atlanta sucks for the "scene". nuthin but a bunch of stuck-ups who are too cliquey to give you the time of day. and i can say that, i've been here my entire life. we should all just party at someone's house, fuck going out.

In Atlanta All November - Help w/Scene

I will be in Atlanta from the end of this month until the end of November.

Where and what are the names of the of lounges/martini bars and clubs? I'm in the demographic of lates 20's/early 30's and I'm a guy looking for the 'party'. Don't worry; I'm not trying to work the hook-up angle as I will be coming fully prepared myself.

I am looking for anything from nice lounges and martini bars that have live House music DJ type sets to good clubs playing some nice bumpin' Chicago or NYC style House music. I don't mind a younger crowd, but only if it's after-hours. I'm looking for something along the lines of Derrick Carter/Mazi and Timmy Regisford type lounge House music. Does that type of scene exist in Atlanta? That type of scene meaning nice lounges, nice House music and an overall nice social scene. I also hear there are an abundance of single, late 20's and early 30's women in Atlanta. What's the demographic like there overall?

BTW, how is Atlanta's after-hours? Is it event based or is there a weekly venue that goes off?

What places go off on what nights?

Thanks in advance for any help.

^^ Merged from a seperate thread

Anyone want to try and help our friend here find some Martini type bars in ATL with house music pumping?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.