• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP PhreeX

Wow I logged on for the first time in a while looking to say hi to him and he's gone? and I remember '03. Anyway I last heard from him early 2009 and it just became '11. He saved my life as far as im concerned and gave me some good advice. RIP.

Thanks for posting that @phreexmom.

I can only imagine what you went through as a mother.
condolences.

I can't believe I haven't heard about this. I grew up reading Bluelight and know of the intelligent people on here, He was definitely a name I would listen to if he made a remark. One of the Bluelight elite no doubt. Drugs kill people, cars kill people, Food kills people, But we can't/shouldn't turn away from the benefits that encompass all three and out way the risks. RIP Phreex another good soul lost to the game. But that's the price of the benefits of drug use. Sad but true.

David/PhreeX

Dear Blue-Lighters,

It has taken me a long time to post as I have been grieving for almost 2 years and have also kicked a Dillaudid/Oxycontin/Phentanyl addiction.

I miss Dave dearly. Dave and I were partners and friends for almost 5 years. The last 18 months being rough b/c by the end of our relationship b/c I had managed to get myself hooked as well. I couldn't stand watching him die and wanted to die with him.

I know many of you loved him, and many of you hated him. He was what he was, and yeah, he was a bit of a genius.

This is the last picture I have of Dave from 08-09.

I miss him dearly. He will always be part of my heart and soul, and I will always send light to him and one day hope to meet him on the other-side.

Anyway....
If anyone wants to talk or know any details, please email me at [email protected]

Peace, Love, Illumination..........

--M. Wilson

l_002b285710648ec5b000b7c265ea788a.jpg

I would always like to learn of any information about my Precious David and his life, good or 'bad', it does not matter to me. I love him unconditionally. Anyone who wants to send information can email or message me at his memorial Facebook page, David V. Lanier Memorial. :(

a photo of David in 2007

Attachments

• dave,mel,pup,xmas 2006,standing.jpg
    dave,mel,pup,xmas 2006,standing.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 300
a link to opiate treatment....[removed at request] <3<3:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish my precious David had made it to the Other Side of Addiction to live....he was so smart and had so much to offer to benefit society if he had the courage and support and self-confidence he had longed for all his life, from someone other than his mother...... Here is a video of a young man who got sober in prison. I do not support punitive measures toward drug users, they are usually already victims for most of their life, thus the drug use. However, if they are given counseling, medical treatment, drug withdrawal assistance and medication in prison, taught a skill or given an education, assisted with job placement upon release.....prison could be a good 'time out'.....and rehab facility....since society will not pay for drug rehab any other way.........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdVbO6n03Kc&feature=share Bless you all..... visit www.grasphelp.org to see what losing a loved one to death by drugs does to the family members left behind...alone...forever....<3<3:(

Last edited:
Please watch Real Time with Bill Maher tonight on HBO at 10pm U.S Eastern Time. There is to be a speaker regarding Harm Reduction and saving lives of 'Addicts' and providing compassionate, scientific, up to date medical care....as opposed to just punitive criminal actions.....

Phreex, David, my precious son, often talked to me about 'Harm Reduction'. I did not understand drug issues as they were back in the 1990's and 2000's. I just responded that drug users should 'just stop using'. I have learned much since then. David was a pioneer in promoting Harm Reduction here on Bluelight, and among his friends and family. He did survive several overdoses due to my alertness and quick actions. However, in July 2009 the hospital cancelled all protective measures and denied all my requests for help in assisting David to deal with his DISEASE of Addiction. David died one month later when he overdosed at home, 911 was called. The sheriff arrived FIRST, was given erroneous information by my sick husband, and the sheriff then DELAYED the EMT's in the front of the house as David lay in the bedroom where I was screaming for help. The EMT station is two blocks from our house. The EMT's walked slowly, finally, to the bedroom. They had brought in to the house NO equipment, NO Narcan, NO oxygen, NO Intibation equipment, NO heart shock equipment, NO IV's, not even the gurney which was kept OUTSIDE the front door. I screamed and pounded on my closet door for them to save David as they lay him on the livingroom floor and simply put an oxygen tube in his nostrils...nothing more. The Sheriff yelled at ME to 'settle down'....and no one did anything to save David. The ER doctors did intibate David and start IV's, heart shock, etc. but ofcourse by then it was too late....just as they knew it would be. This was Manslaughter. Fortunately, 'Harm Reduction' has now gone 'mainstream' on many websites and organizations, like www.broken-no-more.org and www.harmreduction.org , but David and I know that Harm Reduction started here on Bluelight, at least as far as we know. The US has fallen behind in many areas, this is just one of them. Bless you all. Phreex Mom

Hi PhreeXmom,

Thank you for your kind words and your deep understanding of the issue at hand here.

If you are currently supporting harm reduction and are not yet aware of the New York State naloxone program, here is a link:
http://www.health.state.ny.us/diseases/aids/harm_reduction/opioidprevention/index.htm

It allows persons to possess and administer naloxone who are not healthcare professionals. I think that every parent of a child who has opioid abuse problems she be allowed to possess naloxone to prevent deaths like these from occurring. If your state does not have such programs, it may be good to write to your local or state government in support of such measures. It saved the life of one of my personal friends several times.

RIP PhreeX, it's sad without you!

Thank you for the link. I will pass it on to several other Harm Reduction websites I am familiar with. I emailed my state representative to see if this is available in Florida. I will visit your Advanced Drug Discussion Studies and Harm Reduction threads and website as well and refer other to them.
.....all for David.....

AUGUST 27, 2011 IS THE TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF MY MOST PRECIOUS SON, DAVID LANIER'S, PASSING FROM MY ARMS, AND FROM EARTH. PLEASE VISIT HIS MEMORIAL WEBSITE AT http://www.virtual-memorials.com/main.php?action=view&mem_id=21505&page_no=1 AND SIGN THE 'GUEST BOOK' AND VIEW THE STORY OF HIS LIFE OF LOVE, OF GIVING, AND OF BEING MY PRIDE AND JOY, MY MOST PRECIOUS SON. THANK YOU. DAVID LANIER'S MOTHER, PHREEXMOM
"1. PhreeX 22 up, 8 down
A person who is creatively different from mainstream, conservative society and is therefore made to feel unloved and unwanted despite their great intellect and love for others. Someone too kind and sweet for this cruel world.
The PhreeX were at Woodstock and Raves" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=phreex

Emergency Medical Personnel's Failure to TRY to save Phreex's life...

Sheriff just stopped by to give report on my internal affairs issue with no action taken after my 911 call the night David died. EMT's and Sheriff's records recorded that the EMTs did CPR immediately, they NEVER DID. They simply asked if they should put David in the black body bag in the house or in the ambulance. They decided on the ambulance. The times, sequence, and actions on the reports were lies.....I know....I was there ALONE with David for a good 10 minutes. Sheriffs records said EMTs arrived in 7 minutes after called. They just simply lied about everything except the body bag.....they came prepared for one thing only....to take David's dead body away. The Fire Chief still will not release the EMTs records to me or the Sheriff, he 'said'.....only one reason for that is possible....to cover up their incorrect and heartless actions. CYA authorities, no surprise there.......MY RESPONSE TO THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE.....
Chief Deputy William R. Lee
Law Enforcement Services - Support Services
P.O. Box 569
Deland, Florida 32721-0569

Dear Officer Lee:

The Sheriff from your office just stopped by our home to give the ‘resolution’ on my internal affairs issue regarding no LIFE SAVING actions being taken after my 911 call the night my son, David Lanier, died, August 27, 2009. The Sheriff's records recorded that the EMTs arrived 7 minutes after our 911 call, they DID NOT ARRIVE THAT QUICKLY. The Sheriff’s records stated the EMTs did CPR immediately, they NEVER DID ANYTHING, NO LIVE SAVING MEASURES WERE TAKEN. I was with my son every minute. They simply asked if they should put David in the black body bag in the house or in the ambulance. They decided on the ambulance. The times, sequence, and actions on the reports were LIES.....I know....I was there ALONE with David for a good 10 minutes before EMTs arrived after being called. The EMTs, the Sheriff and my husband stood in the living room talking only about WHEN to put David in the ‘body bag’. They just simply lied about everything except the body bag.....they came prepared for one thing only....to take David's dead body away. The Fire Chief still will not release the EMTs records to me or the Sheriff, the Sheriff 'said'.....only one reason for that is possible....to cover up their errors, incorrect and heartless actions which constitute MANSLAUGHTER OF MY SON.

The Sheriff ended our conversation by saying, "David is dead and gone and you're never going to see him again". NICE. Like I hadn't figured that out already..... The issue was the Sheriff’s and EMT's actions two years ago, not David's current location now!! Sick people on strong medicines and narcotics will occasionally accidentally overdose, and a limit of 6 overdoses should not be imposed on such victims of pain management. The sheriff had the medical records from the hospital and knew David had a history of overdosing on prescription medicine. That is no different than a diabetic taking too much insulin and having a seizure and needing instant sugar, or taking too little insulin and going in to diabetic coma....it is all MEDICAL COMPLICATIONS of an illness. Only in my David's case the Law Enforcement Officers and EMTs 'decided' that 6 times was enough, they made no effort to save him but rather stood in the living room debating when to bring in the 'body bag'.

Change is needed in Law Enforcement and EMTs’ treatment of sick and less fortunate individuals and victims, which includes ‘Addicts‘, ‘drug users‘, and ‘chemically dependent‘ SICK people. In this case EMTs and Law Enforcement IGNORED the MEDICAL needs of MY SON, and that is MANSLAUGHTER. When an adult, or child, is an Accident Victim by any other means than ‘drugs’, their life is saved and they are cared for. When the Accident Victim is a ‘drug overdose’, they are treated like a criminal when they are actually just as innocent and deserving of ALL medical intervention necessary and possible. My Son was given NONE. Your Sheriff’s report was filled with LIES, from the TIME of arrival of the EMTs and Sheriff, to the statement that the EMTs did CPR…..they DID NOT. I was with my son the whole time. NO ONE DID ANYTHING EXCEPT ME. I did chest compressions, alone, from the time I found David until the EMT’s simply carried him to the floor of the living room, debated when to bring in the ‘body bag’, and then carried him outside to the gurney to take him to the ambulance to THEN place him in the ‘body bag’….no life saving actions were taken, no medical intervention was attempted by the EMT’s. The HOSPITAL RECORDS revealed that only THEN, when David was in the Emergency Room, was intubation started and Narcan, an Opiate inhibitor, was administered, as well as medicine and shock to start David’s heart…..and IT DID START AND HE DID GET AIR and there was brain activity…..only AFTER reaching the hospital….NOT at the house nor even in the ambulance was this done as it should have been. The Emergency Room kept David on life support only 3 minutes, “per protocol” they charted. By this time, due to the inaction of the EMTs, David’s heart was too weak to survive. The Hospital said David had NOT signed a DNR during his previous admissions the month before, therefore there was NO EXCUSE for inaction to save his life by the EMTs and the Sheriff present at the scene. This IS the Sheriff’s Office’s responsibility to oversee because this constitutes MANSLAUGHTER. A member of a Law Enforcement or EMTs family would never be treated this way, would they ?

Jean Lanier :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

^Sorry to hear that... There is a very unhealthy attitude toward drug use in this country, I agree. It seems that people try to sweep the issue under the rug even though this clearly does not work. Times are changing though, and hopefully this attitude changes with it.