Technical Problem Retrieving lost "saved" drafts + why is the BL experience in DuckDuckGo so frustrating?

darvocet21

Bluelighter
I've lost drafts? How is this possible? Aren't they autosaved?

This is particular to DuckDuckGo even when switching into another tab. I've returned and the page wouldn't reload. Then when it did it took me to a point either at the beginning of the composition or just said see ya and in one case I was editing something and I lost it.

Can BL locate drafts saved with the disk icon up top, right. Which I notice is missing again. Weird

Does fireproofing put me into this situation because I thought I fire proofed BL months ago.

There's a lot of little Annoying problems with DuckDuckGo for instance simply copying and pasting is a headache when you can't look at your clipboard. I have an Android 8.1 Samsung.

Last edited:
can you install a clipboard manager to allow you to save multiple cuts & copies?

alasdair

I've lost drafts? How is this possible? Aren't they autosaved?

This is particular to DuckDuckGo even when switching into another tab. I've returned and the page wouldn't reload. Then when it did it took me to a point either at the beginning of the composition or just said see ya and in one case I was editing something and I lost it.

Can BL locate drafts saved with the disk icon up top, right. Which I notice is missing again. Weird

Does fireproofing put me into this situation because I thought I fire proofed BL months ago.

There's a lot of little Annoying problems with DuckDuckGo for instance simply copying and pasting is a headache when you can't look at your clipboard. I have an Android 8.1 Samsung.
I'm not sure on those. Your little save icon should be there when you click the hamburger menu on the right.

I've long since given up on the privacy factor with ddg in favor of the improved functionality of chrome. Although I have tried switching back a couple times but always run into one problem or another.

I've never had issues with losing drafts personally.

the drafts must be saved server side, right?

alasdair

You mean an app @alasdairm or an extension/widget for DDG samsung ? Probably a good idea. My experience is that drafts are saved for about 3 days. However just because they disappear does not mean they're gone

@deficiT the third drop down menu I've never heard it called a hamburger but I can see why... oh, now shows the disc and a green light flashes which I presume is the autosave. When a draft is saved presumably you should be able to bring it up regardless of browser or ISP address as long as you log in

You mean an app @alasdairm or an extension/widget for DDG samsung ? Probably a good idea. My experience is that drafts are saved for about 3 days. However just because they disappear does not mean they're gone

@deficiT the third drop down menu I've never heard it called a hamburger but I can see why... oh, now shows the disc and a green light flashes which I presume is the autosave. When a draft is saved presumably you should be able to bring it up regardless of browser or ISP address as long as you log in
Sorry, I was looking at it on mobile... the save icon on the right on desktop isn't connected to a menu. But yeah, the three dots, or three lines... can be called a hamburger menu, cause well, hamburgers

i don't have an android so i don't know for sure but i'd be surprised if there is not something to address that need for you.

alasdair

That would make sense to me. Maybe a good question for @TheLoveBandit if that's something we could potentially access.
Access? Codes¿ Xenforo?

@TheLoveBandit: "the image translators work FOR the Construct."

Me: I just want my draft back
Sorry, I was looking at it on mobile... the save icon on the right on desktop isn't connected to a menu. But yeah, the three dots, or three lines... can be called a hamburger menu, cause well, hamburgers
Is it possible to view bl in desktop mode

Last edited:
The keys. Mainframe. Zion

Is it possible to view bl in desktop mode
Yeah, it appears to work on my phone when toggling the "desktop site" option. Doesn't appear exactly the same as desktop though a couple things look a little different.

Yeah, it appears to work on my phone when toggling the "desktop site" option. Doesn't appear exactly the same as desktop though a couple things look a little different.
No way that's going to work

Is it on a different page? 🙇‍♂️
Polish-20211009-222905218.jpg

yo @deficiT why r u you leaving me hanging?
Youre the sweeper getting us out of danger and the ball back down the field and also there for the assist and occasional headern off corner kicks. reliable + dependable with this consistently pleasant demeanor that really throws me off balance. I'm used to staffers like malevolent and hopeless and the late worthless . Last night when you told me how I could look toggle it to desktop I was being smart. However it turns out to be true at least I have not found the switch
See pic above

Last edited:
And I'm waiting for tlb to get back on whether we are able to get a hold of those drafts, he will have the enlightening answer

I didn't know you were a full-on Android user. I like the midnight theme that is sharp but it doesn't look as good on my phone. It's all black and white anyway I still don't see the toggle to desktop button unless you're talking about the house up top but that's part of Chrome. I'm not computer savvy